Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 09:41 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,417,672 times

Advertisements

I also stand as someone who defends Israels right to protect their country. No one in their right mind would tolerate terrorism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 09:56 PM

679 posts, read 661,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I also stand as someone who defends Israels right to protect their country. No one in their right mind would tolerate terrorism.
Supporting Israel and being against terrorism is a massive oxymoron.

Look at all the civilians they have killed compared to the Hamas.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
Supporting Israel and being against terrorism is a massive oxymoron.

Look at all the civilians they have killed compared to the Hamas.
Civilians were killed because terrorists put them in harms way. It's called collateral damage.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:59 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
North Korea doesn't continually shoot their mouths off about wanting to destroy Israel, and making sure she ceases to exist. They're smart I suppose, for that at least.
No, instead they threaten South Korea and yet for all the saber rattling they would rather negotiate, just as Iran has again offered to negotiate.

I have no problem with Israel defending herself. The US needs to get out of the way as we seem to be making the tensions much worse. I would hope and pray she does not use nukes pre-emptively. I would hope no country would choose that path.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Civilians were killed because terrorists put them in harms way. It's called collateral damage.
How have "terrorists" put them in harms way? Because they are retaliating from illegal occupation from a war started by Israel 40 years ago?

So every Israeli killed is a victim but every Palestinian killed is collateral damage?

The American mind is so easily brainwashed its not even funny.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
How have "terrorists" put them in harms way? Because they are retaliating from illegal occupation from a war started by Israel 40 years ago?

So every Israeli killed is a victim but every Palestinian killed is collateral damage?

Thanks for your assessment of my character. Totally wrong but you are welcome to your opinion. Not everyone considers the occupation illegal. You do know that right?

Old 01-26-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your assessment of my character. Totally wrong but you are welcome to your opinion. Not everyone considers the occupation illegal. You do know that right?
Yes but by customary international law the occupation technically is. Most of the international community supports a state for Israel and condemns Israel's actions.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:14 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,846 times
Quote:

Israel was attacked immediately upon gaining nationhood. They fought back and won that war, too.

The Palestinians are squatters. There has been proof of the first temple dug up. our bible said that they would be scattered all over the earth, and then return and be allowed to have their land, again. In fact, that being written thousands of years ago is one of the things that helped me believe the validity of the bible instead of mindless doing so cuz my mama told me to.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Yes but by customary international law the occupation technically is. Most of the international community supports a state for Israel and condemns Israel's actions.
I don't agree with international law.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Israel was attacked immediately upon gaining nationhood. They fought back and won that war, too.

The Palestinians are squatters. There has been proof of the first temple dug up. our bible said that they would be scattered all over the earth, and then return and be allowed to have their land, again. In fact, that being written thousands of years ago is one of the things that helped me believe the validity of the bible instead of mindless doing so cuz my mama told me to.
Firstly if you read up on the six day war you will know that Israel attacked first not the other way around. Learn your history before you make stupid assertions.

Also basing your political beliefs off a fictional book? What has this country come too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies