Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2012, 11:22 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,095,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What's surprising is that anyone considers Foggy any kind of authority.
Shocking isn't it?

He gets it right over a hundred times and never gets it wrong once... why would anybody consider him a reliable source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent
Why not have a court with the appropriate jurisdiction to actually listen to and take seriously the very valid objections to Obama's eligibility, hear and look at any and all evidence, including historical primary sources and the Federal Government's own publications, and decide once and for all if those born subject to a foreign nation's law and owing allegiance to a foreign sovereign are considered natural born citizens for Constitutional purposes?
Because that would require one thing that does not exist. A Birther lawyer competent with the law and capable of getting the issue in front of a court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent
If you all are so sure Obama is Constitutionally eligible, you have nothing to fear in a court's extensive examination of the issue. So, why all the balking?
There you guys go with that whole "what do you fear" canard.

The only thing I fear is a Birther with a gun.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Incorrect. I already posted just one example in which the Federal Government considered them different citizenship statuses. There's more. You can find them if you look...
Why are you running away again, IC?

Show us a single example where the federal government has ever acted on a distinction between native and natural born.

Just one.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:25 AM

89,124 posts, read 44,928,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
So... you're calling Leo Donofrio a liar too?
Artistic license in unofficial musings. You call yourself HistorianDude yet you've been wrong on many facts of history.

Anyway... In direct contrast to Donofrio's unofficial literary musings, we have Foggy's official California State Bar record of shame:
State Bar of CA :: William Littell Bryan Jr

Old 01-30-2012, 11:27 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,206,650 times
Quote:
Artistic license in unofficial musings. You call yourself HistorianDude yet you've been wrong on many facts of history.

Anyway... In direct contrast to Donofrio's unofficial literary musings, we have Foggy's official California State Bar record of shame:
State Bar of CA :: William Littell Bryan Jr
You're a friggin' broken record....

Old 01-30-2012, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Artistic license in unofficial musings.
So yes.... along with his own admissions that he is mentally ill, a heavy drug user, and God... you accuse him of being a liar too.

And yet you worship him in spite of his never having been correct on the law once.

You could not be reinforcing my point with greater enthusiasm and elegance had I written your responses myself.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:29 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,917,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
Simple. If it was true, the logical explanation would be to get U.S. citizenship and all the benefits of it. It wouldn't have been because the family conspired because the thought that someday he would be president. That is proposterous to think that. No, if he was indeed born elsewhere, it would have been best to say he was born in Hawaii in order to solidify him becoming a citizen.
It would have been grossly unnecessary to commit a crime, when the fact that his mother was a US citizen made obtaining US citizenship for her child very easy. So why engage in a conspiracy?

And the question remains for Bideshi.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Why are you running away again, IC?
Not running away from anything.

Quote:
Show us a single example where the federal government has ever acted on a distinction between native and natural born.

Just one.
Are you seriously trying to claim that federal law and the federal government's interpretation of such is only valid if it's ever been acted upon? Wow.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:31 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,917,545 times
Quote:
That makes no sense. Some of the cases stipulated Obama's birth in Hawaii.
It makes perfect sense. The post was addressed to Bideshi, who has been repeatedly asserting that it's possible that Obama was not born in the United States. While I'm sure you want to intercede on her behalf, actually try to respond to the question rather than bs'ing everyone.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
So yes.... along with his own admissions that he is mentally ill, a heavy drug user, and God... you accuse him of being a liar too.
That's not what I said. Donofrio's unofficial literary musings are not part of an official record, unlike Foggy's official California State Bar record of shame.

Quote:
And yet you worship him in spite of his never having been correct on the law once.
I don't worship him. What gives you that idea?

Though I have supported similar positions here on c-d, I don't worship anyone and I take no one's word on anything without researching and confirming it myself. You've read my posts; that should be clear to you. I post documenting links to support what I say.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It makes perfect sense. The post was addressed to Bideshi, who has been repeatedly asserting that it's possible that Obama was not born in the United States. While I'm sure you want to intercede on her behalf, actually try to respond to the question rather than bs'ing everyone.
You're claiming that it's bs that some of the cases stipulated Obama's birth in Hawaii? Wow. How out of touch are you all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies