Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 12:01 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,251,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Don't be a fool, the left would love to get rid of guns. If the left weren't worried they wouldn't be protesting at Starbuck's. So much for a business's doing, as they please.
There you go, turning a thread about Ms. Giffords into an opportunity to rail against the left about your unreasonable and unsupported paranoia about guns.

Not a word of sympathy or compassion for Ms. Giffords or the other victims. Just another opportunity to express your fear that the left wants your guns (pssst....we don't want your guns).

I rest my case.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:06 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I honestly never knew there were so many cruel, heartless, selfish, mean-spirited people in the world until I started reading this forum. And I have lived many decades believing that such people were just the few abnormal psychopaths who were unable to experience empathy for other living creatures. This forum has certainly made it clear that those type of people are not as few as I had happily believed.
Ditto!

Old 01-28-2012, 12:29 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,082,442 times
Gabby is well known, well liked, and very much respected in the U.S. House and the great state of AZ as well.

Her resignation is big news, and her recovery will give strength to the other victims' families.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:10 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,589,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Don't get me wrong, the entire situation was a great tragedy, and I wish her the best in her recovery, but WHY is it such a BIG deal to the media and in turn, the public, that this women was shot??? I mean, you would think that this is the only person to have ever been shot in the history of the world. People are shot in this country every day, hell, likely every hour, and all they get is a 10 second snippet on the late local news. We dont continuously hear about the crack head on the bad end of town that got shot in a drug deal gone bad, or the frustrated business man who happened to be in the parking lot at the wrong time, or the husband/wife that was on the wrong end of a domestic duispute, or the completely innocent person taking an evening walk when accosted by some misguided teens, so why this women?

Is it because she was a politician and her attacker was mentaly ill and thus it opens the floor to polotical debate? You tell me?

Another thing that really "irk's" me is that the names of all the other victims of that fateful day seem to have been lost.

Thoughts?
Agreed, it was a tragedy, but the lamestream media (both sides) will be milking this for the phony outrage and ratings.

Its sort of like "Nancy Grace" HLN trash channel...- turn it off. I am so very sick of the MSM and their bs divisive tactics. They dont give a damn about the victims, its about making $$$ off of a tragedy.

Sick and sad.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:25 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,676,799 times
BOY! A THREAD LIKE THIS WILL BRING OUT ALL THE UNEDUCATED, THE MEAN SPIRITED, THE "BAD NEWS" PEOPLE THAT FREQUENT FORUMS LIKE THIS.

NOT A SHREAD OF HUMAN DECENCY IN THE BUNCH!

Old 01-28-2012, 01:33 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,145,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Debbie Wassereman Schultz is the DEMOCRATC NATIONAL COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN...so I think she IS a spokesperson for the left/democrats. Was she reprimanded for her comments?? no.... Did Obama come out and speak out AGAINST what she said?? No. So let's be clear about just WHAT debbie wasserman schultz represents here. In spite of your uninformed response, she clearly IS a spokesperson.

As for you not buying it and blaming the shooter?? Then you are in the minority...because most of the mindless twits on the left are in lock step with whatever this bimbo spews, and in fact...they CHEER IT. And if you want PROOF of that, then just try to find ANY high ranking member of the democrat party who stepped forward to refute what she said AND has continued to say from the time of the shooting!!

If the demnocrats use a tragedy to promote their party based on a LIE is ok?? That says quite alot about YOU I would say.
Here's my post and I see the need to leave the "DUHHHH" on:

""""DUHHHH Debbie Wasserman is NOT the spokesperson for everyoneon the left... I am lefty Liberal and I don't blame anyone but the shooter.

TallRep:

"""That says quite alot about YOU I would say.""

But ONLY to you (BFD) and discussing me is against TOS.....

Old 01-28-2012, 04:43 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,933,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Here's my post and I see the need to leave the "DUHHHH" on:

""""DUHHHH Debbie Wasserman is NOT the spokesperson for everyoneon the left... I am lefty Liberal and I don't blame anyone but the shooter.
Oh, so now we can talk about the shooter!! Thought it wasn't about him!!!

If the left had concentrated more on the shooter and not blamed the Tea Party, Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck,& Conservatives, right after the shooting, we would have seen the lefts compassion for the shooting. Instead they waged a war, with people that weren't involved.

So, Debbie Wasserman isn't a spokes person for the left, although she holds office. That's interesting, Sarah Palin doesn't hold office and many think she speaks for the right.

The double-standards of the left

Old 01-28-2012, 04:47 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,005 times
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, the entire situation was a great tragedy, and I wish her the best in her recovery, but WHY is it such a BIG deal to the media and in turn, the public, that this women was shot??? I mean, you would think that this is the only person to have ever been shot in the history of the world. People are shot in this country every day, hell, likely every hour, and all they get is a 10 second snippet on the late local news. We dont continuously hear about the crack head on the bad end of town that got shot in a drug deal gone bad, or the frustrated business man who happened to be in the parking lot at the wrong time, or the husband/wife that was on the wrong end of a domestic duispute, or the completely innocent person taking an evening walk when accosted by some misguided teens, so why this women?

Is it because she was a politician and her attacker was mentaly ill and thus it opens the floor to polotical debate? You tell me?

Another thing that really "irk's" me is that the names of all the other victims of that fateful day seem to have been lost.

Thoughts?

The main stream media is very left leaning. Lefties like gun control. Nothing much to see here folks.....please move on

Old 01-28-2012, 07:40 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,892,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So you want ALL the shooting victims for the past how many years to put in an appearence at the SOTU address.

Wouldn't it be a little crowded with just last years victims???.
You people just dont get it do you? The fact that this women is getting the media attention that she is is an INSULT to anyone who has ever gotten shot and has only got the 10 second snippet. So no, I'm not suggesting that we give hours and hours of media attention to EVERYONE who gets shot, what I am suggesting is that we dont make a big to do over TGHIS womens shooting when in reality, it's an everyday occurance. Her situation is no more tragic than any other shooting.

Quote:
And please tell all Republicans to NEVER mention Ronald Reagan again....NO more mention of ANY shooting victim...even Repugs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Seriously? This is actually what bothers some people?
You folks can go on and on all you want about repubs and how you think I am one. I'm a moderate, I voted for Obama, so your argument is invalid and falls flat on its *** with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
The OP is tired of having to hear how a courageous young woman who happened to be a politician and was shot in the head is recovering; it's a sad commentary on American "values."
NO, whats a sad commentary is the fact that had she not been a political figure, we would have never known her name, just as it was before her shooting. She isn't getting this attention because she was shot and is now recovering, she is getting it because she " happened to be a politician."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Haven't there been psychological studies done which indicate that the lack of empathy for others is a recognized characteristic of those who consider themselves "conservative?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I honestly never knew there were so many cruel, heartless, selfish, mean-spirited people in the world until I started reading this forum. .
Welcome to Politics and Other Controversies.....we do hope you enjoy your stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
It's not lack of passion, it's lack of compassion. We in Tucson will never forget the other victims, and they are, in fact, at least mentioned in every article I've read that talks about Gabby. Christina Taylor Green (the 9 year old victim) is well-remembered here, and got a LOT of press coverage after the shooting. I'm sure her family knows that Christina is still in our thoughts, and her family is in our prayers.

I hate that people want to use this as a political battering ram, as I see on this thread and elsewhere. Can we not just respect the fact that a national figure (with a local focus) was shot, survived, and has now decided that she needs to recover before attempting to do her job again? Do we need to bring political insults ("frothing-at-the-mouth", "war-mongering spendaholic", "Repugs", etc.) into it?

<shakes head> Some of you people, I just don't understand.
KUDOS to you, I bet you are the only one in this thread to know the name of any of the "other" victims.

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
You wouldn't happen to have a particular political bias would you?
Nope. not at all. I consider myself a moderate and voted for Obama in 08

Quote:
You wouldn't happen to be male also would you?
You wouldn't happen to be a feminist would you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
BOY! A THREAD LIKE THIS WILL BRING OUT ALL THE UNEDUCATED, THE MEAN SPIRITED, THE "BAD NEWS" PEOPLE THAT FREQUENT FORUMS LIKE THIS.

NOT A SHREAD OF HUMAN DECENCY IN THE BUNCH!
Says someone posting to this very forum.....lol

Old 01-28-2012, 07:58 PM

32,057 posts, read 15,052,579 times
Quote:

Thoughts?
Well let's see. Maybe because she was a servant of our country, what do you think, oh you don't
I cannot believe that you would start a thread about this.

Last edited by natalie469; 01-28-2012 at 07:59 PM.. Reason: words
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies