Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2012, 02:36 PM

779 posts, read 537,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Okay, how do you answer this post then...
I don't have to explain it. I'm not the Obama administrations PR department, uh hello?

Look, I'm not a foaming-at-the-mouth, hate-filled, hopeless partisan like so many posters on these "OMG ITZ ALL OBAMA'S FAULT!" threads. I blame both parties. Anyone who can be honest with themselves should too.

The fact that certain righties want to pin all the blame for all the problems we face on the current POTUS, after 8 years of failed neocon policy, after starting two wars we couldn't afford (Dems share blame in this), after the Repubs have dominated the White House in the past quarter century, and after Laffer turned out to be a real laugher, is quite revealing. It reveals that some sheeple put party before all else, and will therefore willfully blind themselves to their side's complicity in the events that led to the economic disaster (and other problems) that we now face. In short, ultra-partisans simply play right into the hands of politicians who could really give a tinker's damn about them. What a shame.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:39 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I've heard a lot of things.. Some actually is true and some is not. I am wanting to know what do you have to show that this specifically occurred... I don't know.
You don't know that companies were bailed out in 2007-Jan 2009? Well over a trillion dollars was burned in order to bail out companies and to nationalize them. I am not going to waste time with someone who knows nothing about what happend only a few years ago.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:41 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
I don't have to explain it. I'm not the Obama administrations PR department, uh hello?

Look, I'm not a foaming-at-the-mouth, hate-filled, hopeless partisan like so many posters on these "OMG ITZ ALL OBAMA'S FAULT!" threads. I blame both parties. Anyone who can be honest with themselves should too.

The fact that certain righties want to pin all the blame for all the problems we face on the current POTUS, after 8 years of failed neocon policy, after starting two wars we couldn't afford (Dems share blame in this), after the Repubs have dominated the White House in the past quarter century, and after Laffer turned out to be a real laugher, quite revealing. It reveals that some sheeple put party before all else, and will therefore willfully blind themselves to their side's complicity in the events that led to the economic disaster we now face.
I haven't seen anybody in this thread foaming at the mouth. I have seen them blame Obama for Solyndra and then some trying to claim they are independents and blame Bush. Yep real non partisan effort.

"after 8 years of failed neocon policy, after starting two wars we couldn't afford (Dems share blame in this), after the Repubs have dominated the White House in the past quarter century, and after Laffer turned out to be a real laugher, quite revealing. It reveals that some sheeple put party before all else, and will therefore willfully blind themselves to their side's complicity in the events that led to the economic disaster we now face."

I'll correct myself. You appear to be the on "foaming at the mouth". lol

Old 01-29-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You don't know that companies were bailed out in 2007-Jan 2009? Well over a trillion dollars was burned in order to bail out companies and to nationalize them. I am not going to waste time with someone who knows nothing about what happend only a few years ago.
Even if you were willing to list them, they would just deflect and dodge, and then accuse YOU of being off-topic.

Same old ostrich-head-in-the-sand routine.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:44 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
I am well aware of some of them, but you are implying that you know of more that most of us are unaware of. So please enlighten us all. I am not here to defend Bush, I am here to find out what all he actually did. If you know of some of these green companies that he "actually did fund". Please tell me.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:46 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Where did it all go? Give us a list of where it went.
Ever heard of AIG? Ever heard of GM? There were 166 bailouts in Dec 2008 totalling 65 billion dollars. There were 46 in Nov 2008 totalling 90 billion, Oct 2008, 115 billion. That's 3 months and 270 billion.

Here is October 2008 for you, and this is my last post to you since it is a waste of time to talk to people with zero knowledge of any issue

Bank of America 15 billion
Bank of NY Mellon 3 billion
Citibank 25 billion
Goldman Scaks 10 billion
JM Morgan 25 billion
Morgan Stanley 10 billion
Wells Fargo 25 billion
State Street 2 billion

Old 01-29-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I haven't seen anybody in this thread foaming at the mouth. I have seen them blame Obama for Solyndra and then some trying to claim they are independents and blame Bush. Yep real non partisan effort.

"after 8 years of failed neocon policy, after starting two wars we couldn't afford (Dems share blame in this), after the Repubs have dominated the White House in the past quarter century, and after Laffer turned out to be a real laugher, quite revealing. It reveals that some sheeple put party before all else, and will therefore willfully blind themselves to their side's complicity in the events that led to the economic disaster we now face."

I'll correct myself. You appear to be the on "foaming at the mouth". lol
It appears as though I've touched a nerve with the chief!

You should stick to blaming Obama for kicking your dog, because deflecting is obviously not your forte'.

And yeah, I'm sure that independents and moderate lefties must appear partisan to the party that has shifted so far right that were he alive today, Ronald Reagan would appear as a flaming liberal by contrast.

I've pinned blame on both parties, have you? nope, you can't bear to do it. Maybe have a look in the mirror, partisan.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:49 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Ever heard of AIG? Ever heard of GM? There were 166 bailouts in Dec 2008 totalling 65 billion dollars. There were 46 in Nov 2008 totalling 90 billion, Oct 2008, 115 billion. That's 3 months and 270 billion.

Here is October 2008 for you, and this is my last post to you since it is a waste of time to talk to people with zero knowledge of any issue

Citibank 25 billion
Goldman Scaks 10 billion
JM Morgan 25 billion
Wells Fargo 25 billion
State Street 2 billion
We are all well aware of these.... You were implying more that we are unaware of. Please do enlighten us.

Old 01-29-2012, 02:52 PM

Quote:

Citibank 25 billion
Goldman Scaks 10 billion
JM Morgan 25 billion
Wells Fargo 25 billion
State Street 2 billion
Don't forget about the 16 trillion sent off to europe in that bailout nonsense that went on for two years. Or do you forget about that since little timmy sent it on over?

Old 01-29-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
It appears as though I've touched a nerve with the chief!

You should stick to blaming Obama for kicking your dog, because deflecting is obviously not your forte'.

And yeah, I'm sure that independents and moderate lefties must appear partisan to the party that has shifted so far right that were he alive today, Ronald Reagan would appear as a flaming liberal by contrast.

I've pinned blame on both parties, have you? nope, you can't bear to do it. Maybe have a look in the mirror, partisan.
No you've just proven who you are. Pretty simple stuff unless you try and duck and dodge and play your indy games. Keep duckin and dodging as it's fun to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies