Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 01:32 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
It is not for me to decide who is a stable person. I distrust American and Israeli politicians as much as I distrust Iranian ones.
Without sanctions and instead included in the world community Iran would not have to sell anything. People sell risky stuff when they need money urgently.
Nor would Iran attack anyone first, they know they could never prevail against the rest of the world. To Iran, and any country for that matter, atomic bombs would be a defensive weapon.
Land or resource grabs are not interesting to Iran, they have a huge country sitting on all kinds of resources. They need the world to buy their resources, thus they would never attack the world and thus its clients.
Stability is determined by actions and what they say, they, the leadership of Iran, have proven they do not always act rationally. You trust them as much as our elected officials, wow, neverthought I would hear an American say that. Knda sad actually.
They are already attacking the world through supporting those that do, or don't you get that?
Trust the the Leaders of Iran if you wish, I will keep my distrust until they prove otherwise, thankfully our government does not trust them either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 01:40 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Stability is determined by actions and what they say, they, the leadership of Iran, have proven they do not always act rationally. You trust them as much as our elected officials, wow, neverthought I would hear an American say that. Knda sad actually.
They are already attacking the world through supporting those that do, or don't you get that?
Trust the the Leaders of Iran if you wish, I will keep my distrust until they prove otherwise, thankfully our government does not trust them either.
Both Iran and USrael are doing bad things, especially behind the scenes. I don't see any real difference.

Indeed, I would never trust anyone like any of those Republican candidates, either. I am not American, so I don't feel obliged to say anything patriotic...

Old 02-03-2012, 01:52 PM

54 posts, read 72,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Made my day.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:46 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
What if the issue is not really about nukes? The issue might be nukes for Isreal but something different for the US. It seems to me that the pattern has been overthrowing governments that decided to trade oil in something other than dollars. The only thing really keeping the dollar from crashing is the demand for the dollar that comes from oil, because the dollar is the currency for buying and selling oil. Hence, the more oil a country needs the more dollars they need. As the price of oil rises so does the demand for dollars to pay for them. If competition arises that uses another currency for oil trade, the dollar and the US could collapse. Keep in mind that Iraq did or threatened to do this, Libya did or threatened to do this and Iran, with its oil burse, has also threatened this.

Its really the tie between the dollar and oil that is keeping America from what would otherwise be a drepression worse than the great depression.
You and I don't always see eye to eye but I personally believe this might be one of the best posts around here so far this year. +1 bro.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:50 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Probably...
Iraq also had US military advisors.

And the US Navy sank all of Iran's destroyers.

Mircea
How does this really refute my post? The US and other nations helped develop a stalemate between Iran and Iraq.

After the war started and Iraq started losing.....MANY major nations unilaterally supported Iraq including the US, USSR, France, Sauds etc etc etc.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:00 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times
Wow, that interesting. First, the magnetic bomb tactic is pretty sad (pretty cold way to go out) and secondly, it would be interesting and a slap-in-the-face if there were Iranians here in the U.S. on student visas studying nuclear physics or engineering in our schools. Now, that would suck.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:12 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
How does this really refute my post? The US and other nations helped develop a stalemate between Iran and Iraq.

After the war started and Iraq started losing.....MANY major nations unilaterally supported Iraq including the US, USSR, France, Sauds etc etc etc.
Let's not forget that Iraq, equipped by the West, attacked Iran and dragged it into a nasty war, even using chemical weapons. I can't blame Iran for trying to make sure that never happens again...

Old 02-05-2012, 02:07 PM

5,907 posts, read 4,432,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant
What if the issue is not really about nukes? The issue might be nukes for Isreal but something different for the US. It seems to me that the pattern has been overthrowing governments that decided to trade oil in something other than dollars. The only thing really keeping the dollar from crashing is the demand for the dollar that comes from oil, because the dollar is the currency for buying and selling oil. Hence, the more oil a country needs the more dollars they need. As the price of oil rises so does the demand for dollars to pay for them. If competition arises that uses another currency for oil trade, the dollar and the US could collapse. Keep in mind that Iraq did or threatened to do this, Libya did or threatened to do this and Iran, with its oil burse, has also threatened this.

Its really the tie between the dollar and oil that is keeping America from what would otherwise be a drepression worse than the great depression.
Yep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies