Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 07:51 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
Don't be offensive, and I won't get defensive. The value of the money depends on the value of the currency. I'd prefer US Dollars.

You don't know that; that's based on the assumption that I've already implemented the ideas.

Like I already said, that part requires money. Think of it like priming a pump.
Your offense is yours alone.

Value does not require money to exist. Money is a medium to translate value.

Value can be created, value can be exhibited and value can be transferred.

Ideas are not valuable until they are valuable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 07:55 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Consumers.
Only if a consumer is also a creator. Consumers in and of themselves do not create need.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:55 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,069,623 times
Quote:
i'd ask you what kind of capital i'm lacking, but i recognize the classic pretentious answer people give when they're stumped... "If you don't understand , then nothing can help you."

LOL

capital is money, guy. For both ideas, I need money to get started. This ain't rocket science.
If you need capital then you put together a business plan and seek investors. That's not rocket science either. Quite honestly many people think they have a great idea but can't get funding because they are the only one's who think it's a great idea.
Salesmanship is a skill required for any business to succeed. From selling your idea to investors to moving a product or service, salesmanship is where it's at. There is a reason every Internet site, TV program, magazine or newspaper is ablaze with advertising... because it works. If you are a lousy salesman, get a front man.

Don't be a sole proprietor or a partner. As a sole proprietor, The IRS rapes you, as do all partners eventually. While a C-corp is ideal, and a LLC does not offer the protections many seem to think, if you really dig the flow-through tax treatment of a partnership, a S-Corp is the way to go.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:56 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,605,313 times
Thumbs down bleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Ever get a job from someone on public assistance?
Social work.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:58 AM

17,007 posts, read 12,602,310 times
The big lie: Any one group are the job crators.

Some of the 1% are, some are not. We need to remove special tax rates for the "not" group and leave them for the "are" group.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:02 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,587,748 times
I have worked in a job for many years that pays just enough to keep me going, but not enough to make a comfortable life.
I also came up with some ideas for business. No money or capital to start up, and it would require a substantial investment,(from my point of view) to get the company off the ground just for equipment and buildings.

I didn't have any rich relatives to go to, and the government was absolutely no help, so what I did was to talk to investor groups. They have money, but this is speculative as it is a start up and so high risk. The proposition and business plan I took in to them was good, but working with them to meet their criteria, I made it better.

I started this at the end of November, and the final meeting with the investors is next week where we get this started. We hope to have the construction done and the business in operation by June 1st of this year.

And yes, this will create several jobs in the county I will be constructing the facility in.

I am not rich, my partner isn't rich, the investors are and they are the ones funding the venture. Without them, I would still just have a good idea.
Once this first facility is off the ground, the investors want to clone it to several other areas where more jobs and of course taxes would be generated.

The rich may not always create jobs, but they provide the financial resources necessary for others to build and hire. You can't plant a seed if you don't have at least a pot with dirt to plant in.
My investors know very little about the processes I will be doing, doesn't matter, I do. They provide the money, my partner and I provide the knowledge and the sweat to make it happen.

It is a partnership of resources to make things happen. I could have just sat on my butt watching TV and whining about how "the rich don't care about me" till the cows came home, nothing would have happened.

BUT, using my ideas, initative and creating an environment where others with money feel safe to give me that money to build, I will get my business, they will be repayed and have stock in the business to fund others, there will be jobs.

Oh yeah, and my primary customer base is government because they are mandated to buy my product.

How sweet is that?

Old 02-06-2012, 08:05 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times
Before globalization - rich people did create jobs domestically...Now with the avialablity of cheap slave labour - they do NOT create jobs...they just create more and more cash - that they hord in order to lever more and more money out of those that have little - Rich people used to be noble - now any ignorant greedy little peasant can become a billionare....the quality of the rich has gone down - just look at the twits running for the presidential office - rich and really really stupid.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:09 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Only if a consumer is also a creator. Consumers in and of themselves do not create need.
Consumer creates demand which creates the need to invest and produce. Only a fool would produce without consumers or need.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:10 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
LOL exactly.

While they're borrowing from the Fed at 0%, I can go screw myself. That's your economic plan. Hah.
With your attitude I wouldn't invest any money with you either.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:14 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,943,960 times
Quote:
Listen, if you have something constructive to say, that isn't cryptic and condescending, then out with it already. Money is a medium by which capital is exchanged; I need money, or financial capital, to start a productive business. I can't do it from scratch.
Here's something you might want to explore. There is a TV show called Shark Tank. Investors with lots of money looking for opportunities. Willing to invest that money with entrepreneurs & inventors who can convince them their product, service or business is viable. The link takes you to the page where you can learn how to get on their show.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies