Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2012, 08:01 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I didn't ask you about responsibility. I asked about power, thanks for avoiding the question.
I don't care what you asked about. I chose to talk about something different because I don't play games with ignorant people. This thread isn't about power, it's about the thread title which is "white appreciation day" but you had to bring up a white power because you always do.

How's that for avoidance Mr. white power?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
Yeah, no racism at all.

You were crying that Whitey McWhite foots the bill for everyone on social programs and when corrected, you move the goalposts and play semantic games.

Take a tap-dancing class -- you're bad at it.
I was crying? Maybe you need to go back and reread this thread.

Would you like to point out which of the facts I posted is false?

Old 02-07-2012, 08:05 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
And when did the thread title of "white appreciation day" become "white power day"?
since savvy arrived

Old 02-07-2012, 08:08 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It's just so damn ignorant. Who do you hear talk about "white people rights"from usually? Some fat, pathetic racist living in a trailer down south somewhere.
i have yet to see anyone bring up 'white people rights' at all.

who are you quoting, anyway? are you sure you're on the right thread?

Old 02-07-2012, 08:08 PM

779 posts, read 537,522 times
Quote:
I was crying? Maybe you need to go back and reread this thread.

Would you like to point out which of the facts I posted is false?
Quote:
Since when did paying for the overwhelming majority of social programs in this country become a privilege? Since when did being an unwarranted point of blame for every minority group on the planet and their self created problems become a privilege?
Sounds like crying to me. You went out of your way to try to "prove" that whites are some sort of victims. *sniffle*

Anyway, have fun being duplicitous. Hope it helps you sleep at night!

Old 02-07-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Bill View Post
Sounds like crying to me. You went out of your way to try and "prove" that whites are some sort of victims. *sniffle*
Sounds like you're wrong, but it is odd that you've proven your own claims to be false. Congrats.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:42 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
First you have the probelm with making MLK a holiday, and then crazy immigration laws even after when you thought that it could not been worst some bat-shyte crazy old hag points her finger in the president's face! Now some white wing nut wants "white appreciation day" huh, don't you think that from the past couple of years they have been "appreciated" enough?
You lost me at "crazy immigration laws"...

Oh, I posted in the MLK thread that honoring MLK was the right thing to do.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:17 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
These crazy people just keep coming out of the woodwork.

Arizona Lawmaker Proposes 'White Appreciation Day' | News One
White appreciation day? Ummmm....that's pretty much any day a white person is alive in his country.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:04 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
White appreciation day? Ummmm....that's pretty much any day a white person is alive in his country.
Just about everyone in this thread missed the boat on this one. The congressman was inserting a bit of satire, to highlight how ridiculous all of this appreciation day crap is.

Richard Miranda voiced his support for a Latino Appreciation Day: “I wanted to speak to you all about Latino Americans here in Arizona,” said Rep. Miranda on the House floor.

After contentious debate on the floor, Rep. Ash stepped to the microphone and said that he was in definite support of the proposition — on one condition:

“I’m supportive of this proposition. I just want them to assure me that when we do become in the minority you’ll have a day for us,” Ash said.

It was good satire, and he made his point. The people on the floor of the congress thought it was funny too, because his statement was instantly met with laughter.

He made his point, there are so many Latinos in Arizona, that very soon they will be the majority. When that day comes, as Ash pointed out, will Latino Day go away, and Caucasian Day take it's place?

Old 02-08-2012, 08:30 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,260,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
These crazy people just keep coming out of the woodwork.

Arizona Lawmaker Proposes 'White Appreciation Day' | News One
A Republican, there's a shocker. This wouldn't be a problem if only he was not mocking other races' appreciation day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies