Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 04:45 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,420,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The way polygamy is set up in many polygamist communities, fathers are only responsible for the children of their legal marriage. The rest of the kids are on welfare.
Nothing illegal with having kids like rabbits. But it is morally wrong without the ability to pay for them.

We should have a license to have children. Can't drive a car without one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 04:46 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,097,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
They are a violation of freedom, period.

The sole purpose of marriage laws is to keep track of money, basically (taxes, child support, etc.).
I agree.

But what I can't understand is WHY a dude would want to be married to several women at the same time...as much BS and mouthing as I take from one at a time I sure don't want to hear that same crap in Quadraphonic stereo.

"Where have you been?Who did you see?What did they say?Why wouldn't you answer your phone or text?...we are going to visit my family tonight"...ad nauseum

Old 02-08-2012, 04:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,913,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I agree.

But what I can't understand is WHY a dude would want to be married to several women at the same time...as much BS and mouthing as I take from one at a time I sure don't want to hear that same crap in Quadraphonic stereo.

"Where have you been?Who did you see?What did they say?Why wouldn't you answer your phone or text?...we are going to visit my family tonight"...ad nauseum
Most women, I think, feel the same about husbands.

"Did you pick up my prescription? Did you wash my favorite shirt? I want to watch The History Channel tonight.", etc.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:58 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,097,798 times
Quote:
Most women, I think, feel the same about husbands.

"Did you pick up my prescription? Did you wash my favorite shirt? I want to watch The History Channel tonight.", etc.
LOL.

Guys like me are low maintenance really...A bite to eat every once in awhile,a cold glass of iced tea and the A/C on high in the summer and the heat OFF in the winter(good for sleeping)..a woman that knows how to skin squirrels,fish and an occasional deer,move cattle without getting my dogs hurt.

See,I can get along with ANY woman.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:23 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,994,656 times
"Executions are not forbidden by the Bible. Murder is. Abortion is murder"

Executions would also be murder, as murder is defined as taking life.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:09 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,774,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Are the laws against polygamy violating religious freedom of this group? Is this government intrusion of "religious liberty?"

It shouldn't matter what a religious group says. We don't need government telling us who we can marry.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:11 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,774,939 times
Quote:
The way polygamy is set up in many polygamist communities, fathers are only responsible for the children of their legal marriage. The rest of the kids are on welfare.

Another good reason to eliminate government welfare. Problem solved.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:41 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,965,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Kody Brown, husband on 'Sister Wives,' planning polygamy lawsuit - Pop2it - Zap2it

Are the laws against polygamy violating religious freedom of this group? Is this government intrusion of "religious liberty?"
Actually yes, along with that why is the government telling people who they can marry, so long as it is two adults it is none of their, or our, business.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:43 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,965,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Another good reason to eliminate government welfare. Problem solved.
Yes, by all means, take away the assistance that sme need to survive, by all means ignore the option to simply stop telling other adults who they can marry, ahh yes, the "conservative" mind at work.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:06 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,224,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
"Executions are not forbidden by the Bible. Murder is. Abortion is murder"

Executions would also be murder, as murder is defined as taking life.
No. Not at all. Self defence is not murder. Killing in time of war is not murder. Law enforcement requiring killing of criminals is not murder. Abortion, the killing of innocents, is clearly murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies