Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2012, 11:39 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,316,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post

Not Vatican 1 Catholics. We are totally against it unless it is used for medical problems.
You don't know many traditional Catholics then .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 11:40 AM

994 posts, read 726,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I just heard this on TV, not sure who said it, but it went something like this. The policies of the RW are all concerned about people from conception til birth, ahh then .....not so much and old age - forget about it.
Liberals are the same.

Free for women via Democrat mandate:

HPV testing for women age 30 and older, well woman exams, breastfeeding support and supplies, domestic violence screening and counseling, testing for gestational diabetes, HIV and other STI testing and counseling, and FDA-approved contraception

Free for men:

Nothing

So..."The policies of the LW are all concerned about the half of people that are of the female gender but if you're in the other half....not so much"

Old 02-18-2012, 11:50 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,082,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Liberals are the same.

Free for women via Democrat mandate:

HPV testing for women age 30 and older, well woman exams, breastfeeding support and supplies, domestic violence screening and counseling, testing for gestational diabetes, HIV and other STI testing and counseling, and FDA-approved contraception

Free for men:

Nothing

So..."The policies of the LW are all concerned about the half of people that are of the female gender but if you're in the other half....not so much"
If men could become pregnant, all the same health screenings would be available to them as well.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:53 AM

2,399 posts, read 4,227,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Birth control is not valuing life? Maybe women should be kept on feed lots and kept alive for the sole purpose of procreation.
You've got it wrong.

The reason for the Chinese implosion has to do with abortion. We're not talking about birth control, though it obviously plays a role too.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever View Post
You've got it wrong.

The reason for the Chinese implosion has to do with abortion. We're not talking about birth control, though it obviously plays a role too.
We're not talking about China's problems in this thread.
BTW, their problems have a great deal to do with not valuing females.
Connect the dots.

Old 02-18-2012, 12:41 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,191,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Rush Limbaugh: Birth control plot against Rick Santorum - MJ Lee - POLITICO.com

The radio host went on to blast Americans “who do nothing but have sex mindlessly day in and day out†for whom contraception is simply a means of avoiding serious consequences.
“You tell that bunch of mindless, brain-dead twerps — that they’re not going to get their birth control pills — and that’s all that will matter,†he said. “They’re going to vote for Obama on that alone, and that’s what they’re counting on.â€

Santorum not
Santorum is indeed honest about his opposition. And such honesty is more than can be attributed to Salon, and the usual suspects — notably, ThinkProgress and The Huffington Post — who have lined up to join in with Carmon’s hysteria. The primary problem with the line that they have taken, that Santorum wishes to use the White House to impose his religious beliefs on a reluctant America, is that it is patently untrue. It demonstrates well the habitual liberal inability to distinguish between the personal and the governmental, and to acknowledge that one’s legal opinions can be separate from one’s moral convictions.
“who do nothing but have sex mindlessly day in and day outâ€

Sounds like pure jealousy to me....LOL! poor Rush....

And I guess the poster is proud of, and agrees with, Rush in his violent hatred of women(""mindless, brain-dead twerps""" )....most men who hate women have very tiny tiny....brains....

Question: Don't mindless braindead twerps do prescription drugs to the point of addiction....yes, they do....

Old 02-18-2012, 12:46 PM

994 posts, read 726,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
If men could become pregnant, all the same health screenings would be available to them as well.
Read the list again:

Because women can get pregnant, they get free HIV testing and counseling?

Less than half of the mandates have anything to do with getting pregnant. And note that a post-menopausal woman or otherwise sterile woman still gets it all free.

So try again.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:19 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,148,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Fortunately, the main body of the Church has moved on.
Not into the 21st century, but at least we're not on the 12th with your sect.
If I am a "novice" Catholic at my age, what does that make you?
Words dont frighten me, posts filled with ignorance such as yours have shown dismay me.
Fortunately what my chruch teaches is true Catholicism. You're still calling your own church a sect. Lmao.
Wow, do you really not know what novice orto means????
And you call me ignorant. Sad, just sad.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Read the list again:

Because women can get pregnant, they get free HIV testing and counseling?

Less than half of the mandates have anything to do with getting pregnant. And note that a post-menopausal woman or otherwise sterile woman still gets it all free.

So try again.
Read my post again, and this time try to comprehend it.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Fortunately what my chruch teaches is true Catholicism. You're still calling your own church a sect. Lmao.
Wow, do you really not know what novice orto means????
And you call me ignorant. Sad, just sad.
Who is your sect to say what true Catholicism is?
As far as your attempt to show off your Latin, next time try a complete sentence, what you wrote is a dangling participle, and showcases what you dont know.
The arrogance of youth, one has to chuckle.
Heres a Latin, as well as a life, lesson for you.
Iterum, non decurrunt, justo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies