Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 08:20 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,687,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
And here I thought that Obama was supposed to be the President of the 'People'?
(Maybe he can get 95% of the black vote instead of 94%)

President Obama Announces the 2012 Launch of African Americans for Obama - YouTube
Could you have imagined that howls and rage aimed at Bush or McCain, if they had launched something similar for white people??

At some point, people should be offended by this type of racial pandering. It's so demeaning and insulting, not to mention divisive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 08:22 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,212,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Inherited intelligence doesn't just disappear overnight! I hope you thank the evil White man every night before you go to bed for providing you with this great invention, the computer...along with the internet....along with the television....along with the ipod....along with the automobile.....along with the airplane....along with air conditioning....I could go on all night (literally) but I have some privilege to tend to!
What is this supposed to mean? Are you suggesting that white people are naturally smarter than other races?

Old 02-14-2012, 08:24 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,687,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
It's funny how White people feel so threaten. Get over yourselves already.

You still enjoy White Privilege......for now.
LOL

Oh yeah, cuz racial pandering will raise all boats.

Obama has been president for over three years, is life better for black skinned Americans? For that matter, is life better for anyone? Have you seen the unemployment stats for black teenagers? I'm sure they are feeling the love of racial pandering.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:24 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,212,335 times
You are comparing this to a white candidate launching a "Whites for...." strategy. Not the same thing at all. If he'd said "Blacks for Obama" then you'd have a point with your Obama-bashing, but as usual, you all don't.

BTW, the post below was great. I guess folks choose to ignore it because then they will be forced to realize that this "Launch of African Americans for Obama" is nothing out of the ordinary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
This is nothing new. Although I disagree with identity politics on principle, in the interest of fairness, you might wish to include all the identity-based organizations that contributed to the Obama campaign.

Asian Americans for Obama

Latinos for Obama

Veterans & Military Families for Obama

Jewish Americans for Obama

LGBT Americans for Obama

People of Faith for Obama

Women for Obama

Young Americans for Obama

Old 02-14-2012, 08:35 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,657,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Asserting that the Moral Majority was divisive also asserts that those on the opposite side (those "left out") didn't share the same morals. Can you tell us which morals the Moral Majority supported that you and your bretheren opposed?

Thanks.
Just the fact that they called themselves the moral majority is enough for me. They weren't any more 'moral' than anyone else. If anything, less moral for thinking they were better than those outside of their wacky, right-wing, conservative, pinched-nose, tribe.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:42 AM

520 posts, read 1,007,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
And here I thought that Obama was supposed to be the President of the 'People'?
(Maybe he can get 95% of the black vote instead of 94%)

President Obama Announces the 2012 Launch of African Americans for Obama - YouTube

Obama gets wierder and wierder to me every day. By the way, I'm black.

He's started African Americans for Obama, but he refuses to start Obama for African Americans. When the CBC and others went to him and said "hey, unemployment is 2x higher in the black community than the national average" he told them to, basically, get out of here...I'm not going to create a program specifically for blacks. But, he created a program to help vets AND THEIR SPOUSES get jobs. Vets I can understand, but their spouses???

Doesn't make a difference to me, I'm done voting. 2008 elections, the electoral process and our impotent government system has already proved my point. I was just voting due to the duress of being labeled ignorant. I'm now realizing it's ignorant to participate in a voting process where every vote does not count, government does what they want to do anyway, trickle-down economics rules in the end (bailouts), and politicians place celebrities over true heroes (teachers, civil servants, etc.) continuously.

I think Satan could do a better job than these jagaloons.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:51 AM

520 posts, read 1,007,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
I think there's a race war going on within City-Data. Most of the threads will, usually, end up with a white person taking a jab at blacks and vice versa, until a simple thread such as "how to make plates out of clay" turn into...

white person: why is it that white people make better clay pottery than blacks? blacks continually bring down the craftsmanship of pottery and have been proven, by several studies, to be intellectually challenged when it comes to making pottery out of clay.

black person: white people tend to make pottery that is smaller and thinner than black people's pottery. hmmmmm....

When does it end?

Old 02-14-2012, 08:53 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,213,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
It's funny how White people feel so threaten. Get over yourselves already.

You still enjoy White Privilege......for now.
And what do you envision for us in the future if you have your way?

Old 02-14-2012, 09:01 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,535,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
And what do you envision for us in the future if you have your way?
He probably envisions true equal opportunity for all with no automatic privilige and benefits based on race? Is that a bad thing?

Old 02-14-2012, 09:08 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,213,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
He probably envisions true equal opportunity for all with no automatic privilige and benefits based on race? Is that a bad thing?
Would you care to explain to me about all the benefits I have enjoyed as a white person that a black person has not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies