Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2012, 08:31 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
95% of blacks vote for the Democratic Candidate even when he is white.
I know -- that's why it's puzzling that Obama feels he has to do this pandering. Or does he think maybe some blacks could have decided to just stay home that day?

Obama has the votes of the blacks and hispanics wrapped up simply by being the democrat candidate but I suppose he needs his voting blocs more invigorated than they might be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 08:39 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I know -- that's why it's puzzling that Obama feels he has to do this pandering. Or does he think maybe some blacks could have decided to just stay home that day?

Obama has the votes of the blacks and hispanics wrapped up simply by being the democrat candidate but I suppose he needs his voting blocs more invigorated than they might be.
Ahem....why don't we have a right to get pandered to?

Excuse me, but i'm still seeing "Viva Bush" stickers around town. Is that pandering? How many Republicans have given speeches in Spanish? How many Republicans have ran down to South Florida promising to be even harder on Castro than the last idiot president was?

Then they go to flyover country and play as if they were farmers, ranchers, hunters, gun nuts, oilmen, etc....that aint pandering? Mitt Romney is running around calling himself a Michigan native when he's in the state (despite the fact that Michiganders don't really consider him to be so).

They get around evangelicals and act like as if they're religious babbling on about God this and God that and how their faith guides their daily lives (bullsh*t).

But pander to the blacks? Oh noooooooooo......can't have that. They're different.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:46 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,851,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
Elaborate. What have they contributed that has been successfully beneficial.
Whoa! Dude! Seriously?? Hard labor that built the South to start.

The slavery issue pitted brother against brother and in my mind brought human rights to the forefront of our nations development. I believe Women would still be considered possessions if slavery were still a part of our culture.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:49 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,232,888 times
Quote:

Why on earth is attending the groundbreaking of a new museum on the National Mall pandering? Seriously, it boggles my mind how this level of hatred transcends rationality. Obama attended the new MLK memorial dedication. Pandering? The Obamas continue the tradition of the White House Easter Egg roll - pandering to Christians?

Old 02-19-2012, 08:56 AM

Pandering in a non-election year? Now who would think?

Why didn't Obama build this museum in 2009 or 2010? Oh yes, he wasn't up for reelection back then, the voters would have forgotten by now. The time is ripe, election year November is not so far away.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:

Why didn't Obama build this museum in 2009 or 2010? Oh yes, he wasn't up for reelection back then, the voters would have forgotten by now. The time is ripe, election year November is not so far away.
LOL....overwhelming majority of black folks don't even know this museum is being built. GTHOH with that nonsense.

You simply don't know. You should act like you don't know, because it's painfully obvious.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LOL....overwhelming majority of black folks don't even know this museum is being built. GTHOH with that nonsense.

You simply don't know. You should act like you don't know, because it's painfully obvious.
They will know.

You can bet the photos and videos will be included in the campaigning. Or why didn't he get this museum built 2 or 3 years ago when there wasn't an election coming up? You'll be seeing a lot more of this kind of thing, you heard it here.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:02 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,232,888 times
Quote:

Why didn't Obama build the museum?

Read the thread to find out when the museum was conceived, approved by Congress, approved by the Smithsonian... all apart from any involvement of Obama's, and prior to his presidency. Obama did not commission the museum. Just more proof that the conservative mind really is disadvantaged.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entert...9JR_story.html

Old 02-19-2012, 09:04 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,834,015 times
We are swimming in a surplus of $$$$$$$ why not spend some there.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:06 AM

Quote:
They will know.

You can bet the photos and videos will be included in the campaigning. Or why didn't he get this museum built 2 or 3 years ago when there wasn't an election coming up? You'll be seeing a lot more of this kind of thing, you heard it here.
AAAAAAaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh...THE BLACKS ARE GONNA FIND OUT!!!!

OH MY GOD!!! The sky is falling.

I mean, if the blacks get wind of this, they might vote 99% instead of only 98% for Obama!! (LOUD SCREAM AND GASPS!!!)

The blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the black, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the blacks, the bla....................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies