Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 12:00 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
No s***! I know it's hard for the right to understand basic reading fundamentals, but Obama proposed HUGE cuts such as with medicare, medicaid and other social programs, but we also need the revenues to return to how they were under the Clinton admin when we were paying down the debt. You have to do BOTH. Obama and the dems know this, the right wing trolls refuse.

I was thinking the same thing. Until the is a cure for stupidity, there will always be the misinformed, unable to comprehend even the most basic of facts right wing idiots among us.
Did you say that he presented a balanced budget? Lets see that balanced budget. C'mon, you cannot call people stupid and all that when you are out there making some of the most idiotic claims on CD. Sure you can cite that Obama proposed all of these cuts but you seem to miss the big picture as most idiotic left wingers do!!

If you find it is you rmission to stay uninformed, please keep it off these boards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 12:05 PM

994 posts, read 725,152 times
Quote:
I know it's hard for the right to understand basic reading fundamentals, but Obama proposed HUGE cuts such as with medicare, medicaid and other social programs, but we also need the revenues to return to how they were under the Clinton admin when we were paying down the debt. You have to do BOTH. Obama and the dems know this, the right wing trolls refuse. The #2 reason next to the insane war spending was the Bush tax cuts for the rich that got us into this mess in the first place. You don't cut revenues and then spend like maniacs at the same time, only an idiot would do that, and those idiots are the GOP.

I was thinking the same thing. Until the is a cure for stupidity, there will always be the misinformed, unable to comprehend even the most basic of facts right wing idiots among us.
Given that the debt under Clinton rose by over 1.5 trillion dollars and you just said we were paying it down under his administration, I wouldn't be throwing around accusations about being misinformed if I were you. Nor would I say only an idiot cuts revenues and then spends like a maniac when Obama has been in the news advocating a payroll tax cut while submitting a budget with a deficit over a trillion dollars.

You know, pot calling the kettle black and all that.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:17 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Given that the debt under Clinton rose by over 1.5 trillion dollars and you just said we were paying it down under his administration, I wouldn't be throwing around accusations about being misinformed if I were you. Nor would I say only an idiot cuts revenues and then spends like a maniac when Obama has been in the news advocating a payroll tax cut while submitting a budget with a deficit over a trillion dollars.

You know, pot calling the kettle black and all that.
Clinton has been the only president in over 40 years to be paying down the deficit. In fact more so than any other president in the history of the nation. The only time in recent history we have had fiscal sanity is under Clinton which the dems today are trying to restore, but the right absolutely refuses.
It's a pretty simple plan that doesn't take a genius to figure out. You have to have controlled spending, and fair tax rates.
The GOP likes to do the complete opposite. That's why every GOP "trickle down" fiscal plan has been a complete disaster. They slash revenues, but spend like lunatics, yet the right wing trolls wants to go back to what has been proven time and time again to be monumental failures. I truly think there has to be a strong correlation between mental illness and being a right winger

Old 02-21-2012, 12:23 PM

994 posts, read 725,152 times
Quote:
Clinton has been the only president in over 40 years to be paying down the deficit. In fact more so than any other president in the history of the nation. The only time in recent history we have had fiscal sanity is under Clinton which the dems today are trying to restore, but the right absolutely refuses.
It's a pretty simple plan that doesn't take a genius to figure out. You have to have controlled spending, and fair tax rates.
The GOP likes to do the complete opposite. That's why every GOP "trickle down" fiscal plan has been a complete disaster. They slash revenues, but spend like lunatics, yet the right wing trolls wants to go back to what has been time and time again proven to be monumental failures. I truly think there has to be a strong correlation between mental illness and being a right winger
Now you've changed from Clinton paying down the debt to Clinton paying down the deficit. Two different things.

Note that budgets are approved by Congress and the Congress under Clinton was Republican.

Also note that the congress controlled by Pelosi and Reid, both Democrats, spent more money and racked up more debt than in all of previous history combined.

So your claims simply do not hold water.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:32 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
As an arm chair President here is my solution.
Our income for 2013 is about 2.9T I would refigure that -
all people with incomes over 30,000 will pay as follows:
0-30k = $o
30k-200,000k = 10%
200k-1M = 12%
1M-50M = 13%
50m - up = 14%
~no deductions~
Corporations will pay = 5% they won't be allowed to receive $ if deductions exceed income

Welfare recipients will be set up for workfare.
States will be encouraged to adopt a cap on payments for children exceeding 1. so you have another child on welfare your payments are reduced. There would be no increased benefits for more children.
There would be education plans for all recipients, required.

I would eliminate Medicare part D - that decreased expenditures
Defense would see a drop from 1.3T to 400B for defense, and 300B for non-defense that saves 600B *The War in Afghanistan would end immediately, as would Iraq. * I would close redundant bases that serve no purpose.

TSA would be eliminated and turned over to the airlines

I would re-regulate the airlines to insure their success.

I would change the retirement benefits for politicians. they would be computed for years served and their income, Never to equal their income.

Healthcare would be unified for all people. what politicians have, all will have. there will be no separate Medicare, Medicaid, VA.... all under national Healthcare. Insurance companies would be removed from the equation. The incomes of doctors would be increased, the paperwork streamlined and reduced. Emergency visits for medicaid would be eliminated for non emergency situations.

The Federal Reserve would be weaned out.

The Dept of Education would be eliminated

The focus would be towards renewable energies and we would be off of middle east oil in 4 years. Mandatory self sufficiency building would be the standard. Moving away from the Grid would be the goal for National Security.

Dept of Interior would get an overhaul where they will work towards the preservation of National seeds / plants. protecting our resources. While we may explore hybrids we will protect the natural plants.

There will be NO nuclear power plants commissioned, once they are decommissioned they are done. The waste will be stored in the salt mines.

We would have a revenue of about $3T and the budget would be closer to 2T

We would invest in companies in the US and build businesses here and provide incentives for them to grow here, not abroad.

We would see reform in Welfare, Health care, defense, government, lobbyists, and more. We would never budget with money we don't have.

Problems solved.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:43 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
Now you've changed from Clinton paying down the debt to Clinton paying down the deficit. Two different things.
In which Clinton gave us the biggest surplus, and Bush took it to the biggest deficit in US history. Nice deflection attempt though.

Quote:
Note that budgets are approved by Congress and the Congress under Clinton was Republican.
No it wasn't. The democrats had completely congressional control when Clinton came into office where he passed his wildly successful tax plan without a single GOP vote. It was such a success it far exceeded even what Clinton and the dems were expecting it to do.

Quote:
Also note that the congress controlled by Pelosi and Reid, both Democrats, spent more money and racked up more debt than in all of previous history combined.
Most was from the stimulus to stop the plunging downward spiral we were in caused by Bush and the republicans, not to mention the 858 billion in new spending from the GOP holding the nation hostage to force though their oh-so-precious tax cuts for the rich aka the "job creators" , though they created none
Thank god the american people threw the GOP in the trash in 06' taking back both the house and senate, plus the presidency in 08' or else we would be in a full blown epidemic right now.

Quote:
So your claims simply do not hold water.
Back at cha'

Old 02-21-2012, 12:46 PM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,107 times
Once again, revenues are not the problem right now regardless of what the uninformed want to invent. Our problem is spending and it has been for some time. We spend far more than we take in and no amount of tax increase on the wealthy will solve that as that money just isn't there.

So when idiots say that Obama proposed a balance budget when the facts say otherwise and then change the subject and provide false information, they only make themselves look foolish and completely idiotic. But that is left wing ideaology, revisionism, spin, propaganda and stupidity. Like believing that Clinton had a surplus when that myth has been debunked over and over.

I think the bottom line is that everyone knows we need a reformist as President. Someone who lead Congress and not blame others for their mistakes. Someone who present a budget that represents America's interstes, not to promote personal agendas.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:51 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
that will be voted down ALL to Zero in the Senate, yet again. Is Obama trying to abdicate all responsibility for the pressing fiscal issues our country faces? Seems like it to me.

His budget does NOTHING to fix the issue.
He is trying to make the point that he is a complete idiot who does not have a clue

Old 02-21-2012, 01:45 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Obama wants job creation, a balanced budget, and fiscal sanity. The right wants to attack the middle class and do everything they can to keep giving everything to their corporate cronies and the rich. Exactly what got this country into the mess it's in, in the first place.
Either you don't know what a balanced budget would be or you don't know anything about that budget. I have a feeling that you are not either, or but more probably you don't know crap about either thing.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:49 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Why doesn't he put forth a budget that is balanced and has at least a modicum of fiscal sanity in it? And the government is not in the job creation business, it is in the business of representing the people.

The right and their corporate cronies? Obama is so deep in the the corporate cronyism it is funny. But I see that you have mastered the art of "sand breathing" since you have stuck your head so far in and ignored everything that the Celebrity-in-Chief has done.
I got an e-mail from a conservative friend today that said I tried to talk to an Obama voter but he couldn't hear anything I said so I just took a picture of him and then a picture of a man standing in the bathroom with his head up his butt was the end of the message. I think you are talking to one of those here. How can they think with their heads there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies