Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 05:22 PM

840 posts, read 781,501 times

Advertisements

By leading anti-war activist David Swanson, author of Day Break and War Is A Lie, who runs the websites DavidSwanson.org and WarIsACrime.org.

1. Iran has threatened to fight back if attacked, and that’s a war crime. War crimes must be punished.

2. My television says Iran has nukes. I’m sure it’s true this time. Just like with North Korea. I’m sure they’re next. We only bomb places that really truly have nukes and are in the Axis of Evil. Except Iraq, which was different.

3. Iraq didn’t go so badly. Considering how lousy its government is, the place is better off with so many people having left or died. Really, that one couldn’t have worked out better if we’d planned it.

4. When we threaten to cut off Iran’s oil, Iran threatens to cut off Iran’s oil, which is absolutely intolerable. What would we do without that oil? And what good is buying it if they want to sell it?

5. Iran was secretly behind 9-11. I read it online. And if it wasn’t, that’s worse. Iran hasn’t attacked another nation in centuries, which means its next attack is guaranteed to be coming very soon.

6. Iranians are religious nuts, unlike Israelis and Americans. Most Israelis don’t want to attack Iran, but the Holy Israeli government does. To oppose that decision would be to sin against God.

7. Iranians are so stupid that when we murder their scientists they try to hire a car dealer in Texas to hire a drug gang in Mexico to murder a Saudi ambassador in Washington, and then they don’t do it — just to make us look bad for catching them.

7. b. Oh, and stupid people should be bombed. They’re not civilized.

8. War is good for the U.S. economy, and the Iranian economy too. Troops stationed in Iran would buy stuff. And women who survived the war would have more rights. Like in Virginia. We owe Iranians this after that little mishap in 1953.

9. This is the only way to unite the region. Either we bomb Iran and it swears its eternal love to us. Or, if necessary, we occupy Iran to liberate it like its neighbors. Which shouldn’t take long. Look how well Afghanistan is going already.

10. They won’t give our drone back. Enough said.

10 Excellent Reasons to Attack Iran | True Activist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2012, 05:25 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times
1 reason to be proud one isnt a liberal:

Liberalism is a mental disorder. Further proof can be found in the OP, a stupid attempt at mockery humor.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:28 PM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
1 reason to be proud one isnt a liberal:

Liberalism is a mental disorder. Further proof can be found in the OP, a stupid attempt at mockery humor.
Why do you think being a war mongering big government GOP'er is any better for America (or the planet)?

Old 02-24-2012, 05:29 PM

You think I am a liberal? ROFL. That is some funny stuff. I am about as far from liberal as one can get. I am just not a war mongering chicken hawk neo con who decides to send innocent kids to their death over false assumptions.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:31 PM

2,239 posts, read 3,230,494 times
How come the Right LOVES wars? Then they complain about our debt? Somehow the Republicans fail to realize wars are SUPER expensive. But then again, they are the biggest hypocrites.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:38 PM

When people morons realize not everything is republican vs democrat? I would be considered a republican on most issues but I am 100% totally against more wars.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
ROFL..those are all excellent reasons !

Thanks for the chuckle.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:14 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
How come the Right LOVES wars? Then they complain about our debt? Somehow the Republicans fail to realize wars are SUPER expensive. But then again, they are the biggest hypocrites.
Because that's how the right wing sheep are programmed.

War = goooooooood! blow stuff up! gunz n' tanks! yeeeeeeeee ha!

Spending = baaaaaaaaaad

War is spending, huge spending = spending on wars doesn't count.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:15 PM

817 posts, read 853,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPON View Post
By leading anti-war activist David Swanson, author of Day Break and War Is A Lie, who runs the websites DavidSwanson.org and WarIsACrime.org.

1. Iran has threatened to fight back if attacked, and that’s a war crime. War crimes must be punished.

2. My television says Iran has nukes. I’m sure it’s true this time. Just like with North Korea. I’m sure they’re next. We only bomb places that really truly have nukes and are in the Axis of Evil. Except Iraq, which was different.

3. Iraq didn’t go so badly. Considering how lousy its government is, the place is better off with so many people having left or died. Really, that one couldn’t have worked out better if we’d planned it.

4. When we threaten to cut off Iran’s oil, Iran threatens to cut off Iran’s oil, which is absolutely intolerable. What would we do without that oil? And what good is buying it if they want to sell it?

5. Iran was secretly behind 9-11. I read it online. And if it wasn’t, that’s worse. Iran hasn’t attacked another nation in centuries, which means its next attack is guaranteed to be coming very soon.

6. Iranians are religious nuts, unlike Israelis and Americans. Most Israelis don’t want to attack Iran, but the Holy Israeli government does. To oppose that decision would be to sin against God.

7. Iranians are so stupid that when we murder their scientists they try to hire a car dealer in Texas to hire a drug gang in Mexico to murder a Saudi ambassador in Washington, and then they don’t do it — just to make us look bad for catching them.

7. b. Oh, and stupid people should be bombed. They’re not civilized.

8. War is good for the U.S. economy, and the Iranian economy too. Troops stationed in Iran would buy stuff. And women who survived the war would have more rights. Like in Virginia. We owe Iranians this after that little mishap in 1953.

9. This is the only way to unite the region. Either we bomb Iran and it swears its eternal love to us. Or, if necessary, we occupy Iran to liberate it like its neighbors. Which shouldn’t take long. Look how well Afghanistan is going already.

10. They won’t give our drone back. Enough said.

10 Excellent Reasons to Attack Iran | True Activist
Should we wait until Iran has weaponized war heads? Maybe we should wait until they kill a few hundred thousand people first?

You do realize many countries, including countries in the middle east don't want Iran to have nuclear weapons right?

Old 02-24-2012, 06:16 PM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Who's going to attack, are we going to have a draft, ask the national guard to do a few more tours or are the right wing members on this board volunteering as part of the laptop brigade?

Sorry we had enough with war the past 10 years, war hawks feel free to volunteer, typing on a keyboard is easy, war is hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies