Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 10:13 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Right. It's been hard to find a Bush voter since 2006. I'm about as fooled as a Roman soldier listening to Peter deny Christ though. If you believe Obama is the worst president to grace the office, I know who you are. I know who you voted for. I don't forgive you for what you did to my country. I might be persuaded to forgive if you apologize and promise to never vote for monkey for president again.
Nice choice of words!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Beebe View Post
If you showed Obama a picture of the two states on a map, I'm guessing he'd correctly identify which one is Kansas and which one is Texas.
Might think it's the 57th.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2012, 08:20 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,367,490 times
Bush went from a slightly better than average president to one of the best ever thanks to that mouth breathing, window licking, knuckle dragger we have now...

Old 03-02-2012, 08:40 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
My opinion of Bush was always high but the dignity and class he has shown since leaving office has given me cause to admire him even more.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:49 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,647,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
As someone who voted against him, I can honestly say that the more that I learn about his administration, the more respect I've gained for him. To be quite honest, outside of the Iraq invasion, he's done some pretty impressive things such as rejecting the Keyoto protocol to reduce energy costs; the Finance Reform bill in 2003, the attempt to build the Missle Defense Shield in addition to a Nuclear Arms Reduction Treaty, all of which hardly anyone ever mentions. If one is completely fixated on what the media feeds you...his entire legacy is encapsulated in the Iraq WMD debacle, the slow response to Katrina and the blame for the economic metldown.
I'll give you this, its -- he did do some nice things on the side. Had he not invaded Iraq and had he focused our defense resources on getting Al Qaeda in more effective and efficient way, I'd probably think of him about the same as I do his dad .. I think his dad was a pretty good president. I'm not a Republican, but as Republicans go, not bad.

As it is though, Iraq was such a monumental blunder -- and one that is almost 100 percent attributable to his administration -- that it colors everything else. That war will go down in history as one of America's biggest missteps.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:11 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
So has anyone's opinion of him changed and why?
Yes, I was of the opinion that Bush should spend life in prison for violating the Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment, and several other treaties, but now my opinion is that he should be given the death penalty.

Opining...

Mircea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies