Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 11:01 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times

Advertisements

I think, with the outbreak of WW1 in 1914 the ship yard had other work to do.

It is too bad, in addition to the lives lost, that these examples of the peak of the Victorian Era Steam Technology were lost. The Titanic had the best of Reciprocating steam engine technology and the beginning of the use of marine steam turbines in a fully condensing steam cycle. The engines were magnificent as was the rest of the ship.

Maybe they were sunk to keep the aliens that controlled Atlantis from stealing the technology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 11:03 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,825,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelintheSky View Post
Now how did I know that the narrator would have an English accent.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:04 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,789,910 times
Little Wheelie has spammed his YouTube video explaining this sinister, perfectly-kept conspiracy at least half a dozen times in three pages of the thread, without ever addressing any of the objections posted by others.

His mentor Herr Goebbels would be proud of him for implementing The Master's tactic so perfectly:
"If you tell a big enough lie, often enough, people will believe it, and it will become the Truth."

I'm impressed!

BTW, how many times have we heard lately, that:

1.) Obamacare will save money and make medical care more available, and
2.) You can keep your old insurance plan if you want to when Obamacare is fully implemented.

?

Old 03-01-2012, 11:09 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,290,712 times
*makes the international sign for jerking off*

Old 03-01-2012, 11:14 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,290,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelintheSky View Post

Why They Sunk The Titanic 4/6 - YouTube

The Olympic and the Titanic were switched for an insurance scam. The Olympic was severely damaged by a collision with the HMS Hawk rendering it unseaworthy. So the Olympic was switched with the Titanic and sunk on purpose to collect the huge insurance claim.
And why would they just not let the olympic go out itself and sink it?

Old 03-01-2012, 11:28 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McGarrett View Post
Wasn't White Star Line building a 4th Titanic sister ship that was to be called Gigantic? What ever happened to it?

I was wrong. They scrapped the name Gigantic, and named it Brittanic instead. It was launched in 1914.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:49 AM

325 posts, read 219,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yachtcare View Post
So if the Olympic was badly damaged in the collision with HMS Hawke, why didnt they just collect the insurance on the damages to Olympic?....duh?

I gotta admit though, the guy in that video kinda looks like a shapeshifting alien that didnt quite get it 100% right

YC.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I think, with the outbreak of WW1 in 1914 the ship yard had other work to do.

It is too bad, in addition to the lives lost, that these examples of the peak of the Victorian Era Steam Technology were lost. The Titanic had the best of Reciprocating steam engine technology and the beginning of the use of marine steam turbines in a fully condensing steam cycle. The engines were magnificent as was the rest of the ship.

Maybe they were sunk to keep the aliens that controlled Atlantis from stealing the technology.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Little Wheelie has spammed his YouTube video explaining this sinister, perfectly-kept conspiracy at least half a dozen times in three pages of the thread, without ever addressing any of the objections posted by others.

His mentor Herr Goebbels would be proud of him for implementing The Master's tactic so perfectly:
"If you tell a big enough lie, often enough, people will believe it, and it will become the Truth."

I'm impressed!

BTW, how many times have we heard lately, that:

1.) Obamacare will save money and make medical care more available, and
2.) You can keep your old insurance plan if you want to when Obamacare is fully implemented.

?
The insurance claim couldn't be collected unless the ship sank while at sea. If it was damaged otherwise, I guess the insurance wouldn't be paid out to White Star Lines.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:51 AM

325 posts, read 219,474 times

Why They Sunk The Titanic 6/6 - YouTube

Old 03-01-2012, 11:57 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,960,165 times
It never ceases to amaze me what some people in this world will believe.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:01 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
It never ceases to amaze me what some people in this world will believe.

That's why I sell tin foil hats on ebay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies