Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 12:49 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times

Advertisements

Under the Obama model the public (collective) exist to serve the government. However, with his style of facist economics yes, under Obama the collective exists to serve the elite, corporate and government alike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2012, 12:57 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Which is why no one affiliated in a high position with a Corporation or Bank should be allowed to serve in politics, nor donate to any campaign, because there exists a conflict of interest, where they serve only their cronies over what is best for the country.
Everyone but government employee unions should be allowed to have influence on the government because the other are working in the private sector making money that government taxes to survive from.
The government unions are working AGAINST the taxpayers with our tax dollars to get more tax dollars to then bribe a certain party in government to raise their pay and benefits from either tax dollars or from the borrowing against the Treasury.

The corporations pay taxes through at least wages and other costs. The government employees went from 1-100 in the 60s to 1 out of 9 now and that is unsustainable.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:59 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
It benefits the shareholders and the people or entities it sells it's stuff to.
If the stuff isn't good enough the corporation could go out of business due to market forces just like anyone else.

Remember Thrifty, Woolworth, Zodys? Big corporations that went down because they couldn't put good enough things in the market at competitive prices.

They have enough things to worry about in surviving without including small minded people playing Caesar who thing they have the right to fling their thumbs up or down in a live or die scenario.
You failed when you mentioned market forces as if they are free flowing and allowed to happen.

This is not the case in this country, because the same market forces applied to the 99% do not apply to the top elite like the CEO's and heads of corporations and banks etc.

Wage compensation would be dropping for all sectors in the US, were it a free and open fair market, but this is not the case.

On the contrary, CEO compensation has risen in the US, while the median wage across the 99% has dropped, thanks to Cheap foreign labor and H1B Visa's.

I would like to know when these same cockroaches are going to allow aspiring Business majors around the world access to the US market to take these CEO jobs?

The rest of the world pays a fraction of what CEO's make in the US and have no problem finding talented people to run their companies.

Lets bring some of these people in this country.

We know they will never do that though, because the same scum in Washington DC, just like the ones on Wall Street rely on their Wall Street trading games to make their millions, and to hell with the rest of the country.

Last edited by J746NEW; 03-03-2012 at 01:13 AM..

Old 03-03-2012, 12:59 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
When you study the history of corporations, you find they were created by the state for the purpose of enrichening the state. That being the case, it follows that they derive their legitmacy from the state. For that reason, the state has the power to limit and even dismantle them as it sees fit, right? Corporations should exist to enrichen the public. The public should only allow them to exist so long as their serve the public's interests, right?

If you disagree, please explain to me why the public should exist to serve the corporation rather than the other way around.
I invest in a corporation to enrich myself. If they don't do that folks take their money elsewhere and the corporation goes bankrupt unless of course your GM or some green weenie outfit and can get your wonderful government to hand them piles of money to continue to exist.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:01 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Under the Obama model the public (collective) exist to serve the government. However, with his style of facist economics yes, under Obama the collective exists to serve the elite, corporate and government alike.
I think the model has been this way for awhile. Just been a "boiling frog" approach. As they leap for the finish line it appears to have picked up speed over the last few yrs. Big govt/big corp helped crank the machine in high gear.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:06 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Everyone but government employee unions should be allowed to have influence on the government because the other are working in the private sector making money that government taxes to survive from.
The government unions are working AGAINST the taxpayers with our tax dollars to get more tax dollars to then bribe a certain party in government to raise their pay and benefits from either tax dollars or from the borrowing against the Treasury.

The corporations pay taxes through at least wages and other costs. The government employees went from 1-100 in the 60s to 1 out of 9 now and that is unsustainable.
Yes, everyone be allowed the same "power" to influence the government, and that would be in writing or a bull horn, protests etc, but not via money, because then you have others that have more power over others as we have now.

Obama serves the big banks on Wall Street and the Corporations like GE that donated to his campaign and this is not the way it should be.

The majority of the people of this country have no say nor control over the direction this country takes because of big money, and as a consequence, or not responsible either for anything that happens in this country.

If people want to cry about responsibility, then give the responsibility back to the people and not the cockroaches that have over taken it, that need to be dispatched straight to hell

Old 03-03-2012, 01:11 AM

Quote:
You failed when you mentioned market forces as if they are free flowing and allowed to happen.

This is not the case in this country, because the same market forces applied to the 99% do not apply to the top elite like the CEO's and heads of corporations and banks etc..
False:
Heads of corporations/CEOs don't just materialize with these great pay days and the ability to just dance around the laws.

Successful companies had to be very profitable and market something to get big.
Owners or CEOs who got companies wealthy have the talent to earn the great big wages they earn.
At times some boards hire people at millions a year that are horrible and they can close a whole company down faster than a union, but no one can survive without thriving in market forces.

Banks are different. They are manipulated by government with laws and directions they may not want to take or work out of.
Look up Barney Frank to see how some politicians had banks by law have to give away home loans without the ability to pay it back like welfare.
Banks are mostly driven into the ground by our politicians and in that I would agree with you that there is something more than market forces at work as some politicians stupidly try to bring a false dream of economic fairness into existence. Retarded IMO.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Yes, everyone be allowed the same "power" to influence the government, and that would be in writing or a bull horn, protests etc, but not via money, because then you have others that have more power over others as we have now.

Obama serves the big banks on Wall Street and the Corporations like GE that donated to his campaign and this is not the way it should be.
People in general have a vote to put various people in power. They can exercise their rights and field candidates that serve the interests you refer to. The CEO or owner of a business has the same single vote as a worker.

Obama serves himself and his view that America should go around the world apologizing for being the greatest nation on earth.

Quote:
The majority of the people of this country have no say nor control over the direction this country takes because of big money, and as a consequence, or not responsible either for anything that happens in this country.

If people want to cry about responsibility, then give the responsibility back to the people and not the cockroaches that have over taken it, that need to be dispatched straight to hell
The majority of the people do have a say, they are just too lazy to get politically involved.

The people have always had the opportunity to take control of their destiny. It is frankly their own darn fault that they believe BS commercials and late night comedians instead of getting politically involved on their own.
They get the government they deserve by their indifference IMO. Very sad.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:24 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
When you study the history of corporations, you find they were created by the state for the purpose of enrichening the state. That being the case, it follows that they derive their legitmacy from the state. For that reason, the state has the power to limit and even dismantle them as it sees fit, right? Corporations should exist to enrichen the public. The public should only allow them to exist so long as their serve the public's interests, right?

If you disagree, please explain to me why the public should exist to serve the corporation rather than the other way around.
Not only do I agree, I'll take it one further. Any joker plans on walking in my house to take a dump on my living room floor better be prepared to lose his behind. Civilization has no real obligation to defend/ aid & abet those who prey upon it. When republican think tanks do so, I'm unclear why they aren't brought up on charges of high treason. Quick, someone call dept of homeland terrorism.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I'll take it one further. Any joker plans on walking in my house to take a dump on my living room floor better be prepared to lose his behind. Civilization has no real obligation to defend/ aid & abet those who prey upon it. When republican think tanks do so, I'm unclear why they aren't brought up on charges of high treason. Quick, someone call dept of homeland terrorism.
I'm so sorry that people take dumps on your living room floors. I don't think Republican think tanks are into that though, look into OWS protesters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies