Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2012, 09:04 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,553,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Nope, I am commenting on the posters. I can't believe how many yahoos have their panties in a bunch over such silliness.
I wonder if you would think it was silliness if someone said that to someone that you knew. I think you or at least hope you would find it offensive.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:04 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,260,441 times
Trolls here aside...

I would like to think that this marks the beginning of the end of this kind of trash on the airwaves. It's was one thing to have the half-scripted stage fights on daytime talk shows over baby daddies and whatnot, it's another to venture into politics and hold sway over things like this. We can't sink much lower, we are running out of ground here.

I was watching a show on Academy Award fashions and one of the critics applauded the fact that young actresses aren't dressing up as tramps as much as they used to, I'm hoping it's a sign of better things to come.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:05 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,528,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Why should he apologize to little hot stuff? If she wasn't so invested in being a tool of the secular hedonists perhaps she wouldn't have exposed so much thigh! He doesn't need to apologize to this sheep. She should invest in a bottle of baby aspirin or maybe take up badmiton. Sex is great but surely one must invest some time in coming up for air.
Secular hedonists? As opposed to the non-secular kind aka pedophile priests and pastors?

Old 03-03-2012, 09:05 PM

569 posts, read 672,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
I don't think she said anything about a medical use. Define sl-t.
If you are talking about Fluke, it was totally about medical use. She didn't discuss her personal sex life AT ALL! She was speaking about her friends health issue and need for bc pills that would help her that particular issue.

Even if she were talking about her own sex life, does that make what Rush said ok? Real men are as offended by what he said as women. Any man that thinks it is ok or a joke needs to call their mothers or wives those names and see what happens. You just might be picking your teeth off the floor.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:07 PM

47,000 posts, read 26,047,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT3 View Post
I don't think she said anything about a medical use.
Couldn't be bothered to read the testimony?

Old 03-03-2012, 09:09 PM

47,000 posts, read 26,047,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Why should he apologize...
For a multitude of reasons, decency being the first. But as we're dealing with Limbaugh, I suspect he apologized because his employers are hemorrhaging money and not at all happy with him right now.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
The left is trying to get him off the air, Kinda like Beck, Causing him to lose sponsors for his show.
I think he is doing that to himself. Sorry, but he was the one that caused sponsors to leave his show not the left.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I dont agree with that either.

What part of this are some of you missing.
I think that you are missing the part where you can say anything you like but you also have consequences to what you say. You may not agree with it but that is the way it goes.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:14 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,260,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I think that you are missing the part where you can say anything you like but you also have consequences to what you say. You may not agree with it but that is the way it goes.
We don't have to give public voice to it though. That is really our bad isn't it? I think we may all soon rethink how much we actually want to hear about the evil that resides in man's head.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:15 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,854,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Send up a parade of bobble headed treacherous bimbos with agendas that have no service towards the higher calling, expect scathing criticism. You printed out free passes for Palin to represent you and paid in spades for your prejudice. Truly she does represent you and it's a mirror of conservative women why they're incapable of being trustworthy with authority of any kind.
Oh So its ok to insult certain women, Those that you dont agree with, So this isnt about " talking" to women a certain way, this is about talking about a person on the left a certain way. Thanks for showing the bias.

Not here to defend Palin or Rush but the right to free speech
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies