Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2012, 08:23 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,573,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Face it, Rush has jumped the shark. His career has been waning for the past few years and he already lost his tv show and his gig of being a sports commentator. Now his already shrinking radio audience will be reduced to a half dozen stations with advertisers ranging from adult video stores to phone hook-up companies.
I am sure they have room at FOX.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,511,317 times
Not as long as he has an audience and there is money to be made.

[this incident will 'blow over']

Old 03-03-2012, 08:25 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,869,040 times
Oh the horror, if we lose Rush what will all the angry *******s listen to and ***** about every day?

Old 03-03-2012, 08:26 PM

52,735 posts, read 48,075,782 times
Rush will stay right where he is. He will always have sponsors. His message (actually, his stand for America) will not be diluted in any way.

Dream on, statists and leftists.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:27 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,573,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Judge the man all day long, Dont like what he says but freedom of speech if free to speak without fear of punishment. The left is trying to punish him for what he said ( while ignoring people on the left for saying the samething) That is flat out wrong. We have free speech in this country and if you dont like what he has to say dont listen, Or call into his show and tell him hes wrong. But to punish him is childish and wrong and in my opinion a violation of our free speech

How tolarnt of you, Do you call Ed Schultz, David Letterman, Bill Maher all those wonder names? Doubt it
It is his sponsors that are punishing him. He has free speech and they are free to go elsewhere if they don't like what he says.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:28 PM

46,374 posts, read 27,227,462 times
I have to wonder if you know how to use the search button? Lets see if your thread gets deleted or combined (with no body telling the MODS).

Old 03-03-2012, 08:29 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,718,741 times
I can't believe I ever listened to Limbaugh. Back in the early to late 1990's I listened to him fairly often....but since the late 90's I can't stomach him anymore. Funny too, after not listening to him for 8 or 10 years, now when I occasionally would come across his show on the radio.....he just sounds so totally obnoxious I can't imagine how I ever enjoyed the show.

His statements to this gal about birth control issues were so far over the top I can't imagine what he could have said that would be worse. I believe he's even irritated some of his die hard listeners.....let's hope more of them abondoned his ship.

I had heard that were quite a number of advertisers that dumped him. I know it was reported that Select Comfort did and they were one of his biggest advertisers for many years.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:34 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,810,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I'm starting to think it is. The Republican party will have no choice but to really and truly rebuke his statement, which will render his "message" meaningless.
Oh hell no. There's too much of a market for needy whiney over aged boys too old to change their ways. He'll hold their hand and validate them right till the end. For a price, of course. So what if that price comes at the expense of women and children. Right?

Family values party whispering evil in a mans ear against his wife. It's really what they are. What they've ever been since dixiecrats took them over. The party of pretense. If there's a stand up guy among them, they've shot or betrayed him by now. Anyone do a head count how many white republicans were lynched? A black senator from South Carolina did. And no doubt his political counterparts mumbled under their breath about porch apes. They're enemies of human dignity. Even their own. Food for thought.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:44 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,810,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
When did the democrat party rebuke the aboves comments about conservative woman
Send up a parade of bobble headed treacherous bimbos with agendas that have no service towards the higher calling, expect scathing criticism. You printed out free passes for Palin to represent you and paid in spades for your prejudice. Truly she does represent you and it's a mirror of conservative women why they're incapable of being trustworthy with authority of any kind.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:44 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,063,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
One can only hope it is the end of this idiot.
When Rush is gone, Conservatism will live on and Republicans will still exist - to the ever present dismay of liberals. And everyone will see that Rush is simply an entertainer who capitalized on the hunger people had to hear a conservative opinion broadcast instead of the left-wing propaganda that passes for network news and mainstream print media.

Long live Rush!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies