Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 01:40 PM

135 posts, read 176,700 times

Advertisements

Hello.

I'm not stating an opinion, just posting this for you to use as a point of reference to see how the UK deals with the same subject. Not saying it's better or worse just factual.

Contraception - Information on the 15 methods of contraception - FPA

About halfway down it states what is free and it's availability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 01:41 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,755,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Breaking News: 99% of American women aged 15-44 are, or have used at least one contraceptive method

And without a government welfare program, AMAZING!
No one is asking for the government to pay for contraception. You understand that, right?

Old 03-04-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What is the question? Was there one? And why would we want to accept any data that comes from Planned Parenthood?

Sheesh.. you people are amazing!
You are welcome to accept the CDC data I posted above if you like.

Old 03-04-2012, 01:46 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,204,004 times
I still am confused as to why contraceptives are an issue as of late, other than certain posters bringing it up. What's the big deal? Lots of irresponsible people have sex, just that thankfully most of those people are at least intelligent to use condoms or the pill...

...otherwise, we'd have a bunch of pretty dumb people running around.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:03 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,333,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You are welcome to accept the CDC data I posted above if you like.
I don't give a damn! Why is this important?

Old 03-04-2012, 02:06 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,260,441 times
Quote:
Look, we all know that Floozy Fluke is a plant. She is and always has been an activist. This whole thing has been a set-up. And for what? Why are we as a nation having this stupid discussion obout birth control?

What do you mean by "plant" or "set-up"? She is exactly who she claimed to be, a student with an interest in health care and contraceptions role. Being an "activist" is something we all are when we care about an issue. The discussion about contraceptives was already taking place...who exactly WOULD you have speak? Someone who knows nothing on the subject or doesn't care?

Floozy? So is every woman you know then. Perhaps you'd like to call her an "operative"...that word seems to rile up the ignorant

Last edited by Ceece; 03-04-2012 at 02:14 PM..

Old 03-04-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Whoever advised them to adopt this strategy should be fired ASAP. All they did was alienate huge numbers of voters.
This is a strategy that the Democrats adopted. Not the Republicans. Or haven't you followed this? I guess not.

Look, here is the way it is: Barack Obama is afraid he has been losing the women of the country (and he has). This "strategy" was created to strike fear in the minds of women that Republicans were going to try to restrict (or even more ridiculous, ban) birth control. This is where it all started. It is so preposterous that no one believes it (except for perhaps a few dolts).

Most understand what it's all about. People are way to well informed now because of the "alternative" media, and they are not fooled.

And the GOP isn't allienating anyone (oh there may be a few uninformed that don't know what this is about).

Women are for the most part behind the GOP on this, because they understand what this is about. You haven't been listening to Rush, and I know you don't see my Face Book page. I don't know as single woman that thinks the GOP has started this, but all blame the Democrats.

Sorry. You lose on this one. But go ahead ... make a fool of yourself.

Old 03-04-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Shocking how many women use bc considering what a financial hardship it is and how hard to access.
<snicker>

Old 03-04-2012, 02:38 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,260,441 times
Quote:
<snicker>
I think you mean <snort>

Old 03-04-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
I guess you didn't here here speak. She basically told the world that's what she is.
Do you mind providing some quotes? I am not sure what parts of her testimony you are referring to. Quoted transcript would be great, thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies