Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 10:41 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Isn't that a bit misogynistic of you?
No it's not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 10:44 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Accurately describing some people could be considered insulting.
Insulting them is when you go out of your way, into the gutter, to describe them with four-ltter words, that's when you are intentionally trying to inflict harm. That is what Maher gets away with doing all the time, Limbaugh does it once and he has to be made an example of.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:46 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
No it's not.
So women are lesser human beings to men? So much for gender equality, eh?

Old 03-06-2012, 10:46 AM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,751 times
Quote:
So women are lesser human beings to men
Too bad you feel that way

Old 03-06-2012, 10:48 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
I just love Bill Maher.

IMO, he usually hits the nail smack on the head.....just as he did in that clip.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:55 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Q: Is this man a comedian or a political pundit?
A: Comedian, who easily gets on the nerves of those who he targets.
Something that takes very little comedic prowess to do these days, no matter the political side one is on. His tag line should be "I bust myself up, no... really"

Quote:
Insulting them is when you go out of your way, into the gutter, to describe them with four-ltter words, that's when you are intentionally trying to inflict harm. That is what Maher gets away with doing all the time, Limbaugh does it once and he has to be made an example of.
And he (Limbaugh) apologized for his poor choice of words. Has Maher ever apologized for going too far? He is a professed athiest who attacks Christianity like it's going out of style. If anyone did that to the Muslim faith they'd do a Swedish cartoonist in a hurry. So, he is selective about who he attacks because he's also a coward with moving standards.

Last edited by steven_h; 03-06-2012 at 11:03 AM..

Old 03-06-2012, 11:01 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Something that takes very little comedic prowess to do these days, no matter the political side one is on. His tag line should be "I bust myself up, no... really"
Not necessarily. Sometimes the targeted folks make it way too easy, however. You could simply quote them, and it makes for an amusement.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:03 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Something that everyone seems to skip over is the fact that men also enjoy the benefits of having their SO on the pill.

For the women who use the Pill only for contraception, men are also enjoying the benefit.....with none of the health risks or costs of taking the Pill. So why are so many men against it?

Cut off your nose to smite your face much?

And another FACT a lot of people seem to be missing, providing the Pill will be exptremely cost effective from a business stand point. The cost of the pill is miniscule compared to the cost of pregnancy and childbirth. This mandate will SAVE HEALTH INSURANCE COMANYS MONEY in the long run.

It is a win, win, win mandate for everyone involved.

It is a win for women, it is a win for men, it is a win for the insurance companys and their customers.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:06 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

And he (Limbaugh) apologized for his poor choice of words. Has Maher ever apologized for going too far? He is a professed athiest who attacks Christianity like it's going out of style. If anyone did that to the Muslim faith they'd do a Swedish cartoonist in a hurry. So, he is selective about who he attacks because he's also a coward with moving standards.
Actually, he's been very harsh on Islam. I, as well as others, have posted those links ad nauseum.

I just love how people spout this stuff about Maher and yet know NOTHING of what the man says in his show. At least I have listened to Rush Limbaugh many, many times so I know what I'm critiquing.

Old 03-06-2012, 11:12 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Actually, he's been very harsh on Islam. I, as well as others, have posted those links ad nauseum.

I just love how people spout this stuff about Maher and yet know NOTHING of what the man says in his show. At least I have listened to Rush Limbaugh many, many times so I know what I'm critiquing.
I've watched his show many times. Maybe I'm just lucky enough to catch him saying the same thing...again, and again. I suppose if I were to watch his show religiously I'd understand him. Some people are better left with a small audience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies