Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 01:55 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Free mammograms too.

This is not news. It seems the contraception issue is the only one anyone is upset about.
Maybe you should look to see that free mammograms are included in the list of the link. Hmmmmmmmmm why did you not see that? Maybe a bit of deflection?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 01:56 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,218,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
That appears to be the insurance company is forced to provide all those services for free. The quest to bankrupt all the insurance companies is coming to fruition. Wait until they are forced to cover folks high risk folks. Free aspirin?
People get insurance for free? Which company? I want to sign up

Old 03-09-2012, 01:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
From the link:

Note: Services marked with an asterisk ( * ) must be covered with no cost-sharing in plan years starting on or after August 1, 2012.
And those services are:

•Breastfeeding comprehensive support and counseling from trained providers, as well as access to breastfeeding supplies, for pregnant and nursing women*
•Contraception: Food and Drug Administration-approved contraceptive methods, sterilization procedures, and patient education and counseling, not including abortifacient drugs*
•Domestic and interpersonal violence screening and counseling for all women*
•Gestational diabetes screening for women 24 to 28 weeks pregnant and those at high risk of developing gestational diabetes*
•Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) screening and counseling for sexually active women*
•Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) counseling for sexually active women*
•Well-woman visits to obtain recommended preventive services for women under 65*

They use different language for the other stuff; I'm not sure what it means. I'm sure someone here on CD with absolutely NO health care background does know, though.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:59 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Yes, all of those younger, healthier people paying into the pool is gonna bankrupt the insurance companies. Do you even think before you post?
What ? My son can't afford insurance and is on mine.
Same with most of his friends; they are on their parent's plan. Obamacare lets "kids" be dependents until they are 26.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Investing in preventative medicine? The horror, the horror!!! The Bolsheviks are coming!!!
I didn't see anything in that whole thing about all the free advice from some bureaucrats about how to die gracefully. You know the death panels? I wonder why that wasn't included. I also wonder who pays for all those preventive things that have to be paid by insurance now. Oh yeah, insurance companies are to have backed out by 2014 and all will come from the government. I might add that doctors can only charge what they are told they can and that would include x-rays, and all those things. I wonder how long they will be able to maintain their machinery with the government making all those decisions about how much they can charge.

Hey, I have been on Medicare for 14 years and I know how they determine how much money can be paid to care givers. I know a lot more about that than most of you younger people.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:02 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And it seems they've lowered the penalty for not having insurance to $95 the first year.
Can't beat that can you ? Then it rises and is capped at $695. Can you get health insurance for less than $695 per year ? Why shouldn't I go uninsured and pay the fine and then just get insurance if I get sick ? Is there something in the healthcare bill that will prevent that ?
That appears to be the goal. Pay the 700 bucks and if you get sick go sign up for insurance and they can't turn you down. Go get an operation and hand the bill to the insurance company to pay and a cancellation notice along with it and walk out the door. They get stuck for 250K surgery and you walk away. It will end the insurance industry which was the goal.

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
And those services are:

•Breastfeeding comprehensive support and counseling from trained providers, as well as access to breastfeeding supplies, for pregnant and nursing women*
•Contraception: Food and Drug Administration-approved contraceptive methods, sterilization procedures, and patient education and counseling, not including abortifacient drugs*
•Domestic and interpersonal violence screening and counseling for all women*
•Gestational diabetes screening for women 24 to 28 weeks pregnant and those at high risk of developing gestational diabetes*
•Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) screening and counseling for sexually active women*
•Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) counseling for sexually active women*
•Well-woman visits to obtain recommended preventive services for women under 65*

Not all this stuff you were making a mockery of.
The very first sentence on that website...I don't think I need a medical degree to understand that.
Government writes to an 8th grade comprehension level and this site is for consumers.

If you have a new health insurance plan or insurance policy beginning on or after September 23, 2010, the following preventive services must be covered without your having to pay a copayment or co-insurance or meet your deductible.

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Maybe you should look to see that free mammograms are included in the list of the link. Hmmmmmmmmm why did you not see that? Maybe a bit of deflection?
No I didn't need to look. I'm not deflecting either. Free mammograms kicked in last year. I was just commenting that this was not news, that the Affordable Health Care Act was creating provisions for all sorts of preventive services to be made available at no cost to the patient. I'm not really quite sure what you are getting at in your post to me.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Read much? Only those marked with an asterisk are covered with no charge. That does not include vaccines; screening and counseling for obesity, depression or smoking; blood pressure screening for children; or vision screening for children, which is different from an eye exam in any event.

Nothing is free; you have to pay for the insurance, even to get the stuff covered w/o a co-pay.
If they manage to run the insurance companies out before 2014 who will pay for all those things? Why all taxpayers since all those services will be provided by the government. Hooray, here comes that socialized medical care.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:06 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
All those younger healthier people? Now who are they and how many are they?? I remember the squeals about all these 40 million uninsured back in the day but many were children and most were already eligible for some state or fed program that they didn't sign up for and a big chunk were illegals. You think 700 bucks from a few million healthy people who didn't sign up for insurance before because they didin't want to will somehow make this pool able to cover everybody?? LOL.

I'll take insurance for $50 Alex.

Q-What swooner thinks paying $50 a month by healthy young folks who didn't pay anything before the healthcare bill was forced down the throats of US taxpayers will fix everything???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies