Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2012, 07:45 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,746,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Here is a good article from NPR:

Why New Photo ID Laws Mean Some Won't Vote : NPR

By all estimates, those least likely to have a government-issued photo ID fall into one of four categories: the elderly, minorities, the poor and young adults aged 18 to 24. The Brennan Center estimates that 18 percent of all seniors and 25 percent of African-Americans don't have picture IDs.

Many people have multiple forms of identification, including those that display their pictures — like employee badges or credit and debit cards. But states with strict voter ID laws require people to have certain photo IDs issued by governments.

And much more.
So they can't find a way to get an ID, but they manage to register, vote, get groceries, cook meals....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 07:46 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
Face it. The libs need these idiots to vote for them. Could they ever win a legal election, I doubt it.
Again "idiots".

Damned shame you feel that way. Many poor people work hard, live on the cheap, and do everything they can. Yet you, and others, keep calling them "idiots"

Old 03-12-2012, 07:47 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,746,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
But your to poor to vote, you should just stay home. Romney's vote means more than yours....

(sarcastic, but I'm sure you know that)

Everyone deserves a vote, if they are legally able to do so. I'd love to have a 100% turn out election.
How about 110%?

Old 03-12-2012, 07:49 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
So they can't find a way to get an ID, but they manage to register, vote, get groceries, cook meals....
The "they" problem!

Most voting places are set up near people's homes; they can walk. There are usually voter registration drives at supermarkets, etc.

I have never, ever been asked for an ID to buy groceries. Not once! And G*d knows there's no police officer in MY kitchen when I cook.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:50 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
How about 110%?
Nope, just 100. As I said, I don't want voter fraud, I'm for a national voting ID, or one paid for by the state for each individual of legal voting status.

But Republicans aren't. Now you've said you'll write your congressman, and I appreciate your honesty and commitment to the Democratic process.

But many others, in this thread even, don't feel the way you do. They view poor people as being stupid, or less deserving of a vote.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:52 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,444 times
KATIANA...Link! Link! Just what do you want a link for?
You don't actually need a link to prove to you that we cannot fly without Photo ID, do you? Banking?? Photo ID...some things are self-evident.
State what you want a link for because under the parts of my comments that you put "Link!" you weren't as clear as you apparently think you were.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:53 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,366,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
There you have it "if you're to poor, you don't need to vote"

Where does it say that in the constitution. How conservative of you.....
By the same token--if you're poor you don't need to defend youself against violence; you don't need a job. Is that what liberals think?

Old 03-12-2012, 07:58 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,836,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

Since when is income tied to voting "competently"?
I would guess .. Since the Founding Fathers restricted voting to land owners only?

Seems that the p-o-o-r will always vote for those that Take (Democrats) from the Haves and Give to the Have Nots (the p-o-o-r) .. thus the reason for 'Land Owners Only!

Again, IF you are too 'incompetent' to get an ID to prove you are who you say you are then .. You are too 'incompetent' to be voting!

Old 03-12-2012, 07:59 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
31 states require some form of ID to vote. Why not add 1 or 2 more ?

Voter ID: State Requirements

Old 03-12-2012, 07:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
KATIANA...Link! Link! Just what do you want a link for?
You don't actually need a link to prove to you that we cannot fly without Photo ID, do you? Banking?? Photo ID...some things are self-evident.
State what you want a link for because under the parts of my comments that you put "Link!" you weren't as clear as you apparently think you were.
I want a link to prove that voter fraud is a major concern. I'd like to see some stats. All we ever see in these threads is ranting and raving. Of course you can't provide a link from when the "S. Court argued against John Kerry" because it didn't happen. It would be helpful if you ranters actually were in full posession of the facts. It would give you a tad more credibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies