Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 03:54 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
This is a terrible story. I feel sorry for this poor dear. How is this in anyway related to your attack on liberals though?
um...you just really cannot correlate the two??

Are you up on the contraception issues?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2012, 03:56 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
A statement like this can only be made in the climate of a culture that has sunk into depravity by denying the sanctity of life and that condones the wanton murder of babies. You are not only concerned about a rape victim - you want women to have the option to be irresponsible - bring a child into the world - then murder that child because "it" is an inconvenience.

Any moral view of the situation would find that forcing a rape victim to marry the rapist is wrong, and that abortion is wrong. I would think that one who is cavalier about murdering babies would have no problem with approving of other evil - such as forcing a marriage. This is about the barbaric legal system of Islam. The abortion argument has no place in this discussion.

I don't know where you coming from.....or going either, for that matter. I am not the one who injected Christianity, Rick Santorum or abortion into this thread and I questioned those who did. None of those three topics for discussion belong in this thread.

Forcing a woman to marry her rapist is abhorrent to everyone who has posted on this thread.....I think.

ETA: Oh, cee-rap. I misread.........mea culpa. <hangs head>

Old 03-14-2012, 03:59 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,394,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
16-year-old Moroccan girl kills herself after judge forces her to marry her rapist

Yet the libs in this country would have you think you're waging a 'war on women' if you refuse to pay for their contraception.
Yeah and rightwingers in America fought tooth and nail to let husbands rape their wives in America nonetheless. It was not until the last few decades that that has been banned by liberals.

Basically if you are a GOPer and you plan to post stuff like the OP and proceed to blame liberals for something it might be wise to look at what your own party members are saying.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...XgM_story.html

Last edited by Randomstudent; 03-14-2012 at 04:09 PM..

Old 03-14-2012, 04:32 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
It's wrong to condemn the evils such as this done in the name of Islam. I mean, we need to celibrate the diversity of cultures and be accepting of these beliefs as they come into this country. It's not wrong or evil, just different. There is a lot we can learn from Islamic culture.

/sarcasm

Old 03-14-2012, 05:05 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
It's their country, let them govern themselves. It's up to their people to fix their own problems.

The problem is, Muslims are flooding into the U.S. and Europe.
I fear christians just as much, if not more.
Maybe more, because they're pushing their anti-woman agenda while point fingers at the muslims.
Neither are very far apart from each other.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:11 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
16-year-old Moroccan girl kills herself after judge forces her to marry her rapist

Yet the libs in this country would have you think you're waging a 'war on women' if you refuse to pay for their contraception.
IIRC, it is the republicans who want to legislate that a girl who is pregnant should have to have the child and support it without their help.

The republican war on women has been going on since women started working outside the home back in the 60s. You'd think they would grow up sometimes. If they are that threatened by women, I wonder how they manage to reproduce themselves...

Old 03-14-2012, 05:17 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
My daughter as long as I live will not live under that law.
She certainly won't--assuming she remains in America--but that will not be at all due to your tedious, adolescent red-faced chest-thumping.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:19 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I fear christians just as much, if not more.
Maybe more, because they're pushing their anti-woman agenda while point fingers at the muslims.
Neither are very far apart from each other.
What anti-woman agenda?

Old 03-14-2012, 05:25 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
This is where I have to agree with the crazy right. Sheria law has no place in America. My daughter as long as I live will not live under that law.
Kudos.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:26 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
She certainly won't--assuming she remains in America--but that will not be at all due to your tedious, adolescent red-faced chest-thumping.
Not so fast there! sharia law is being practiced in America as we're spouting on this forum and fofr you to think otherwise is just plain burying your head in the sand.

Anywhere Sharia has gained a foothold, it's been done by first being practiced within their own communites without anyone being the wiser and then they demand it be accepted by others, but it's still being practiced nonetheless.

You won't hear about it and they won't dare perform the most radical stuff like stoning and beheading etc., but I guarandamntee, theres an old phart with a beard that smells bad sitting at the front of a room full of these idiots issuing orders about how a neighbourhood conflict is to be settled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies