Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 09:50 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,400,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Biden has a long road to climb to work his way up to the level of idiot. He's a prime example of the ineptitude of elected leadership that we as a nation have foolishly put in power.

Our government is long overdue for a thorough house cleaning. Vote them all out and start over.

Joe Biden was picked as VP by Barack because he brought "foreign policy" experience. Where did he get that experience? Biden has been a policitician in DC since he was 23 years old. I did not realize that DC was considered a foreign post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 10:45 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,021,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Joe Biden was picked as VP by Barack because he brought "foreign policy" experience. Where did he get that experience? Biden has been a policitician in DC since he was 23 years old. I did not realize that DC was considered a foreign post.
I suppose it could be argued that what passes for "normal" in DC is foreign to the realities of daily life everywhere else. The direction of the bulk of policies that stem from DC are certainly foreign to any policies embracing anything resembling common sense.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:48 AM

1,332 posts, read 997,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
In other words, someone else is giving you your opinion yet again. It's a forum, come up with some ideas of your own. If you can't rationally think, put together ideas and justify them, then why are you putting forward so many radical ideas on here?
And where are YOUR original thoughts? It's a forum..a place to discuss...not a place to criticize and then run away and hide like a sissy.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:50 AM

1,332 posts, read 997,939 times
Quote:
HAHA!! I think maybe obama got confused about what his handlers told him at the time and picked the left winger who was most FOREIGN.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:00 AM

823 posts, read 2,220,785 times
Quote:
He served on and was chair of the senate foreign relations committee for many years. I would say that is a lot of foreign policy experience. If you disagree, how does one obtain foreign policy experience in your opinion?

Old 03-18-2012, 11:03 AM

23,718 posts, read 17,391,405 times
Biden, Mahr, Chu, Pelosi all have something valuable to say but to date we haven't heard it.

A biden prediction on the economy, are you kidding !

Old 03-18-2012, 11:05 AM

45,365 posts, read 26,634,938 times
When was elite Joe middle class?

Old 03-18-2012, 11:20 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,400,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyNice View Post
He served on and was chair of the senate foreign relations committee for many years. I would say that is a lot of foreign policy experience. If you disagree, how does one obtain foreign policy experience in your opinion?

Sitting on a committee is not experience. Holding a post in the diplomatic corp or serving as an officer in the military overseas helps. How about having a job with an international corportation that requires foreign travel.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:22 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,371,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
When was elite Joe middle class?
Before becoming elected to the millinaires' club we call the US Congress. They do have a salary that classifies as millionaire. I wonder who paid old Joe's transportation charges when he rode the train from Maryland to DC daily before the VP days.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:25 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,371,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
In other words, someone else is giving you your opinion yet again. It's a forum, come up with some ideas of your own. If you can't rationally think, put together ideas and justify them, then why are you putting forward so many radical ideas on here?
I would appreciate you really reading my posts especially when I mention you without saying your name. Did I not say that I see Foot in Mouth the same as long before I ever knew about that blog? Oh well, you have to have something to bring your left leaning thinking to bear and this works for you among your friends. Hey there is only one of them here right now. Maybe you need to invite some of them in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies