Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 06:54 AM

520 posts, read 1,007,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
No, pal...he's a hispanic. Check your mistaken sources.
For the record, "hispanic" is not a race/ethnicity. I know a lot of Latinos will be heartbroken to hear that, but it is not.

The guy appears to be white...and, possibly, of hispanic descent.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I'd sure like to see the law where the Feds can put their nose into anywhere They deem appropriate, especially when no Federal crime has been commited!?
I guess the Feds may be trying to do the job that the local police refuses to do.

Old 03-20-2012, 06:57 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,616,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'd recommend you read Phil's posts on this thread. He laid it out pretty clearly why you're not understanding the process and how it works.
No he hasn't. He hasn't detailed the process.

He's made it clear he's unemotional about the situation and that those who have established some opinion of how things should be going, are wrong because he knows the process and has investigated high profile crimes and others haven't.

He's established that this is a game. Well except for the parents...probably not a game for them...

Old 03-20-2012, 06:58 AM

I remember seeing my car being stolen and chasing the guys in my other car. Dispatchers did the same with me as with Zimmerman; they told me not to pursue but I did so anyway. The police told me that if I had taken matters in my own hands, I'd be in jail.

Here is a young kid who Zimmerman could only say looked suspicious. Zimmerman did not see any crime being committed and he took matters into his own hand. He's a prime example of why handguns need to be banned as they fall into the hands of either (1) criminals or (2) fools - which Zimmerman is.

The worst of this, besides the Martins losing a son, is two-fold: (1) Mr. Zimmerman not owning up to his foolishness and trying to remain a "free" man by using a self-defense plea, and (2) his ignorant family publicly stating he is not a racist when he, obviously, displayed racist actions by creating a perception of wrongdoing simply off of appearance.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:00 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,300,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
BS! The majority of people posting on this topic is because this bastid hasn't been arrested for murdering a child!
Calling the victim a "child" doesn't help the debate. It only shows that you need to grossly exaggerate the circumstances to prove your point. A child is a prepubescent person. Where I live (the Dorchester section of Boston) young black males between the ages of 15 and 21 are doing most of the killing and street robberies.

For the record, I certainly believe a crime occurred here and that this idiot profiled the victim to death.

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 03-20-2012 at 07:31 AM..

Old 03-20-2012, 07:02 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,379,600 times
It looks like there is new evidence in this case. The boy was on the phone with a girlfriend just before he died. And the call logs exist.

Quote:
"He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said he lost the man," Martin's friend said. "I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast. I told him to run but he said he was not going to run."

Eventually he would run, said the girl, thinking that he'd managed to escape. But suddenly the strange man was back, cornering Martin.

"Trayvon said, 'What, are you following me for,' and the man said, 'What are you doing here.' Next thing I hear is somebody pushing, and somebody pushed Trayvon because the head set just fell. I called him again and he didn't answer the phone."
Trayvon Martin Exclusive: Friend on Phone with Teen Before Death Recalls Final Moments - Yahoo!

I hope that Zimmerman pig fries, I really do.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:03 AM

613 posts, read 760,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Right, because everyone who carrys a gun legally is a well balanced and calm individual who never lets their temper get the best of them. And everyone of them exercises good judgment...LOL.

Zimmerman is the only one who ever overreacted or was careless.

Got it, just like everyone who has a license to drive is a good driver.

BTW, I have been to Arizona 3 or 4 times.
In Florida we need to carry guns for protection against legal gun owners.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:03 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,773,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I'm white, and I've repeatedly posted Trayvon related points. And part of it is racial. I think it's horrible that this boy was thought to be a threat just because some nutjob decided a black kid in his neighborhood must be up to no good. The other racial component is the fact that all the people that I've seen defending the shooter are hispanic.

Reasonable doubt is a jury issue, I believe. And when the justice system isn't doing due diligence, citizens must speak out.
Saw a report where Zimmarman called 911 a lot, and the vast majority were to report "black male(s)" according to 911 transcripts. If true (or even if it isn't now its been reported), it will just add more fuel.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:04 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,150,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsmith365 View Post
I remember seeing my car being stolen and chasing the guys in my other car. Dispatchers did the same with me as with Zimmerman; they told me not to pursue but I did so anyway. The police told me that if I had taken matters in my own hands, I'd be in jail.

Here is a young kid who Zimmerman could only say looked suspicious. Zimmerman did not see any crime being committed and he took matters into his own hand. He's a prime example of why handguns need to be banned as they fall into the hands of either (1) criminals or (2) fools - which Zimmerman is.

The worst of this, besides the Martins losing a son, is two-fold: (1) Mr. Zimmerman not owning up to his foolishness and trying to remain a "free" man by using a self-defense plea, and (2) his ignorant family publicly stating he is not a racist when he, obviously, displayed racist actions by creating a perception of wrongdoing simply off of appearance.
Fortunately, your opinion doesn't win court cases, determine who can own handguns, and determine what classifies as racism. You're entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean its accurate.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I am relieved that the Feds are stepping in. This is a tragedy, and should never have happened.
Maybe...maybe not. We'll find out AFTER they complete their findings.

The Feds could come in and say "...ultimately, no wrong done but a terrible accident occurred." and just because "the Feds" blessed it as so, America will co-sign for it because the Feds said so. Whatever the findings, "we" know it was messed up and wrong. I don't care what the Feds say, Trayvon cannot say anything because he is gone...Mr. Zimmerman made sure of that.

p.s., if he does get tried and convicted of anything, it'll be manslaughter and a sentence not greater than 5 years - and, he'll be out in 2, just like the police officers who, after Rodney King, get sentenced only because the public doesn't want another riot so they serve their time in "club fed" and come back to their lives after 2 or 3 years. Trayvon isn't coming back, and that's what burns me up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies