Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 12:22 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
WINNING POST for today!! You nailed it and yes, talk about hypocrites....those that comment against this while they can't rush to vote for our Communist-in-Chief, again and not care about the truths you posted here of him and his Reverend WRONG.
No Kidding! BUT, it is catching up with them because people are sick of it after 4 plus years!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 12:28 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
dont know bout leaving but leaving off the jihad on christian/military symbols for fallen war heros needs to stop. its disrespectful of our military, our servicemen, and their families. it needs to end now.

Old 03-21-2012, 02:00 AM

256 posts, read 207,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Nothing wrong with standing up for this Christian nation.. More power to him.

We have the left always giving their side pushing their agenda on us through the government.

God is taking off the blessing of this nation. We haven't seen anything yet as far as the blessing being removed... it has just started. God have mercy on us.
Why is this nation any more special to God than the any other? There is no link between America and God.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:28 AM

9,982 posts, read 13,763,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Really? Wow. Guessing from slavery, extermination of native americans, and institutional racism, God should have taken his "blessing" off of this land long ago. Again I ask, if the government is good enough to protect babies in the womb, why is it not good enough to ensure that they remain alive after they're born by having access to health care? Why is that suddenly government overreach? Is that not hypocritical? Because it certainly isn't "pro-life".

Or that they can be lifted out of poverty through a decent education? Christians are supposed to care for the poor and help them become self sufficient, right? is not that also hypocritical?

This is why I don't like the religious right. They are hypocrites. There is almost nothing in American conservatism that is compatible with the gospel. Nothing.
Whoa..my screen is smoking from this one. Brutal, but very true! I am from a fundamentalist family. And I can still recall all the ranting about how my brother and stepfather spewing hatred on just about everyone they considered nonchristian (or lapsed Christian,etc.), but especially the Mormons and commies! We all went to church on Sunday, but their take in the message was different from mine. It bred comtempt not compassion. But they really got going after they started listening to Limbaugh in the 1980s. Most people can see how the bloodthirsty Muslim terrorists are blinded by their fanaticism, but hey cannot see the same thing in the American Christian movement. I am with you, the moral majority is just Taliban lite.

Our ancestors fled this crap over 300 years ago.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanguy View Post
Why is this nation any more special to God than the any other? There is no link between America and God.
Yes, why does God love Americans more than his other children? Great question.

Old 03-21-2012, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
santorum comes across as a CINO ( catholic in name only ) , he walks , talks and acts like an evangelical in everyway shape and form , is he really italian american , smacks of ulster scots to me
Well, he is a politician, and he is pandering to the evangelical base, which has strong roots in the Scots-Irish (former Ulster Scots) of the Southeast US (former Presbyterians who arrived in the 1700s and gradually turned Baptist). The us vs. them attitude is very much a part of that culture. We owe them thanks for victory in the Revolutionary War (they hated the English with the burning passion of a million suns, as they had recently left because of oppression, and gave us the hatred necessary to throw the bums out-not make nice), but they just cannot stop fighting with EVERYONE here or back in Ireland (Jim Crow, KKK,etc. is all their work, even though most did not see a dime from slavery). All that matters is the battles with those folks, and sleazy guys like Santorum know how to hit the hot buttons to stoke the perpetual outrage (So does Rush Limbaugh). The Catholics are much more moderate, for the most part, as they have been more mainstreamed in the North, and are more highly educated, in general. Santorum is from Pittsburgh, which has Catholics who came to work in the manufacturing, but is also embedded in the Scots-Irish homeland of W. PA, W. VA, Kentucky, Tennessee,etc. He knows his base.

Last edited by Fiddlehead; 03-21-2012 at 09:48 AM..

Old 03-21-2012, 09:45 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
This tripe is so full of hypocrisy I don't know where to start. They want the government to regulate abortion to "protect life" but couldn't care less about a sick kid getting affordable health care. That's "government intrusion". How "pro life" is that? They want to protect the sanctity of marriage, yet talk nothing about the sheer number of divorces going on in the church today. As Jesus would say, they're hypocrites.

The religious right makes me sick. They are the modern day pharisees, and they're an embarrassment Jesus and to Christianity.
the hypocrisy is anyone who wants to bring a candidates preacher into play while ignoring reverend wright.
My bet is jesus woudl not condemn someone for not wanting babies killed

Old 03-21-2012, 10:05 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,353 times
Quote:
Really? Wow. Guessing from slavery, extermination of native americans, and institutional racism, God should have taken his "blessing" off of this land long ago. Again I ask, if the government is good enough to protect babies in the womb, why is it not good enough to ensure that they remain alive after they're born by having access to health care? Why is that suddenly government overreach? Is that not hypocritical? Because it certainly isn't "pro-life".

Or that they can be lifted out of poverty through a decent education? Christians are supposed to care for the poor and help them become self sufficient, right? is not that also hypocritical?

This is why I don't like the religious right. They are hypocrites. There is almost nothing in American conservatism that is compatible with the gospel. Nothing.
So based on the examples at the beginning of your post you hate left wing non religious people too right?

Old 03-21-2012, 10:07 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,353 times
This guy should just use the famous excuse of the democrats, "I misspoke."

Old 03-21-2012, 10:42 AM

Not picking on Santorum, but this sort of stuff is why I rarely can enjoy a good sermon. I genuinely do, if the pastor is challenging me to show more compassion for people, improve my attitude, etc. But if the person is some self-righteous Pharisee trying to gin me up with an us vs. them schtick, I really get annoyed. Why do all these guys seem to be so damn arrogant? I mean questions about the soul, goodness, God's will, and the herafter are a bit complex, mysterious, and above all, personal. Why people listen to some guy braying like an ass every week about what he/she cannot possibly understand? For the record, I don't care for Rev. Wright for the same reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies