Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 04:35 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
kshe95girl probably made it to the worst posters on City-Data forum on the net.
You've been mentioned on that particular one many, many times.
Just thought you would like to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 04:40 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Where the heck did all this hysteria come from concerning the bizarre and paranoid delusion that President Obama will call for martial law in the upcoming elections?

This sounds like a classic gloom and doom scenario from the master of distortion Glenn Beck....
The same thing happened toward the end of the GWB administration. Liberals were going nutso saying he was going to declare martial law so he and Cheyney could stay in power. The same phenomenon this time only from the other side of the fence. There is fear and paranoia on both sides of the fence.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:41 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,622,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Where the heck did all this hysteria come from concerning the bizarre and paranoid delusion that President Obama will call for martial law in the upcoming elections?

This sounds like a classic gloom and doom scenario from the master of distortion Glenn Beck....
remember september 11th 2001?

when some arabs hi-jacked air liners with plastic butter knives and sporks, and crashed them into the twin towers ?

the government went underground, and martial law was enacted.

martial law isn't a bad thing, in times of emergency it is needed to maintain.

now with that said OP's link doesn't say anything about the upcoming election or President Barack Obama.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:46 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Martial Law was not declared on 9/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strate L O S S View Post
remember september 11th 2001?

when some arabs hi-jacked air liners with plastic butter knives and sporks, and crashed them into the twin towers ?

the government went underground, and martial law was enacted.

martial law isn't a bad thing, in times of emergency it is needed to maintain.

now with that said OP's link doesn't say anything about the upcoming election or President Barack Obama.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
The same thing happened toward the end of the GWB administration. Liberals were going nutso saying he was going to declare martial law so he and Cheyney could stay in power. The same phenomenon this time only from the other side of the fence. There is fear and paranoia on both sides of the fence.
I agree with this 100%, keep in mind though that a lot of the fear is being force fed onto people by deceptive people who only care about $$.

But their fear mongering begins with recent legislation and acts.

NDAA being 1, Hellfire missiles killing an american being 2, going into Libya from UN commands without consent from congress.

There is a lot of odd stuff going on that needs to be intelligently scrutinized but cash hungry fear monger's discredit the people who bring about legitimate points of discussion for debate.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:47 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
I don't care who is in office . I like my rights . If anyone who should have the power it should be the states.. I believe in small federal government so I agree with the republicans on that.. I don't like big federal government for obvious reasons.. and it seems like Obama takes the states rights away. I have not seen where a president so dictates that laws are not kept and when states want to keep the law they are sued..

Overpowering the states by the federal government is not what I want.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:48 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
I don't remember that. I remember them all screaming about how they would move to canada if Bush was re-elected. They're still here though dammit.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Martial Law was not declared on 9/11
it doesn't need to declared via bull horn to your face for it to be in effect.

all air travel in america was suspended, us armed forces took over police work at wtc, federal government took over all operations regarding the attacks on NYC(municipality in NYS).

all suspected terrorists were taken to military bases, tried in military courts

etc etc etc

nypd and fdny were federalized and utilized as support only.

what in your opinion is "declared martial law" ??

martial law isn't some smoke filled country with concentration camp sirens blaring off every minute. it's not how you'd imagine it to be...

Old 03-21-2012, 04:58 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Again, Martial Law was not declared on 9/11. What you are describing below is not martial law.

Citizens could walk the streets, curfews were not in place, public transport was running, I'm not quite sure why you think the feds totally took over all police work at wtc, that's not what happened, they worked together.

Neither NYPD nor FDNY were federalized, nor were they used as "support only", where are you getting this nonsense?

The last time Martial Law was declared was after the attacks on Pearl Harbor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strate L O S S View Post
it doesn't need to declared via bull horn to your face for it to be in effect.

all air travel in america was suspended, us armed forces took over police work at wtc, federal government took over all operations regarding the attacks on NYC(municipality in NYS).

all suspected terrorists were taken to military bases, tried in military courts

etc etc etc

nypd and fdny were federalized and utilized as support only.

what in your opinion is "declared martial law" ??

martial law isn't some smoke filled country with concentration camp sirens blaring off every minute. it's not how you'd imagine it to be...

Old 03-21-2012, 05:01 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I don't remember that. I remember them all screaming about how they would move to canada if Bush was re-elected. They're still here though dammit.
Can't get rid of 'em, can we?

It was in various places posted around the internet. The Bush/Cheney administration was hated with a visceral enmity. Some were saying he should be arrested for war crimes and tried at The Hague. Liberals were posting on blogs that we should expect martial law sometime in the 2007-2008 time frame so they could stay in power. Didn't happen and I have no reason to think it will happen this time either. Some on the right may hate Obama every bit as much but it's more of a deep distrust of him and a dislike for his policies, from what I can filter out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies