Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 12:10 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,216,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Have you ever eaten an MRE?
Ewwwwwwww!
No but if that were all the food I had in a time of scarcity, I'd be very happy to have it.

It wouldn't surprise me if there are people selling on ebay their foodstocks that may have only a couple of years of shelf life left and they take the money and buy fresh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 12:13 PM

33,587 posts, read 18,183,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Just do what you do on a normal day and laugh at the trailer park conspiracy theory types since this is never going to happen.
What is wrong with a trailer park? I thought the left was for the poor?

Old 03-21-2012, 12:15 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,837,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Even God said to have have a store house in times of famine or pestilence.

Pestilence
Pestilence, one of the four Horsemen of the Apocalypse symbolizing plague (contagious disease) in some interpretations of the book of Revelation
But, God has planned it all for you. Blame Him for putting you through the plan.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:15 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,028,641 times
Quote:
Oh, for sure you are not an independent.. no,, you lean too far left on all the issues.
I consider myself an independent and I lean right on most issues - I lean left on other issues - but I don't think in political terms. I formed my opinions without political overtones and later realized that politically I am more conservative then liberal. Thus I registered with the GOP so I would have a voice.

People hear my opinions and always try to put me in the far right box - which is understandable because some of my opinions may fit there. Then they find out I oppose the death penalty and support the legalisation of drugs, and they get confused.

I don't consider those liberal opinions - they are a product of my sense of morality - perhaps the political view is libertarian.

Anyways - one can be an independent and lean to one side of the spectrum or the other.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:19 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,956,632 times
I'm amazed that people with these bizarre 'government takeover' fantasies can even function in society on a day-to-day basis ...

And, yes, "fantasies" is precisely the right term. These posts, with all their "I hope it never comes to this!" posturing, might as well sign off with ...

WOLVERINES!!!

Old 03-21-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
But, God has planned it all for you. Blame Him for putting you through the plan.
No, that is now how it works.. God does know from beginning to end and it is up to us to take on our responsibilities for ourselves.

We have been given a brain for that purpose.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:25 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,837,761 times
Quote:
No, that is now how it works.. God does know from beginning to end and it is up to us to take on our responsibilities for ourselves.

We have been given a brain for that purpose.
So, you're saying that God doesn't plan and execute everything. Funny, I hear the opposite in religion forum. But if that is your take...

Why don't you believe that God will help you?

Old 03-21-2012, 12:31 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,026,255 times
Quote:
Oh, for sure you are not an independent.. no,, you lean too far left on all the issues.
Really?
You dont have a clue, do you?
hmmmmm.....heres an easy one.......do you think I am for abolishing the 2nd Amendment?

Old 03-21-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
I'm amazed that people with these bizarre 'government takeover' fantasies can even function in society on a day-to-day basis ...

And, yes, "fantasies" is precisely the right term. These posts, with all their "I hope it never comes to this!" posturing, might as well sign off with ...

WOLVERINES!!!

Never say never.. it is a big downfall with many people.

It could happen in many situations.. the world bank take over. financial collapse. Default by our government.. the dollar no longer accepted by Chinese.Government debt so high the welfare checks don't go out. Just a few ... food prices sky rocket, gas prices skyrocket tax burdens escalate. Scarcity of food.

I wouldn't call that fantasies.. we have bernanke saying we are still in bad shape and in crisis and no remedy they can find.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:33 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,026,255 times
Quote:
You think harder, really hard now.. they are Jesus's words.. think really hard , real real hard..
I dont have to think harder, I was the one that quoted the phrase.
Oy vey.
Do you want me to draw you a picture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies