Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 04:35 AM

753 posts, read 759,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
The thing is there is a Spanish company contracted to build it. It may not be four hundred yards wide, but will be big. So you will see it go through fast.

Oh and FistFightingHairdresser, since you don't think it will happen keep those thoughts in mind, and when it gets underway and is visable to all (for those that can't believe unless they see) come on back here and remind us of your denial of it
There are a few folks on this board, you included, who seem to get nasty/offended and flame people don't agree with you. I didn't say anything rude to you or anyone else here. This response wasn't warranted.

I try to be a nice person and I asked God to make this a good day this morning. With His help I hope you have the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2006, 06:44 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,197,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
There are a few folks on this board, you included, who seem to get nasty/offended and flame people don't agree with you. I didn't say anything rude to you or anyone else here. This response wasn't warranted.
Come on FistFightingHairdresser, I was not rude. I simply stated that seeing you don't believe it will happen (and that's your right) that when it does come about come back and remind us that we where right and you were wrong

You have a great day too

Old 11-13-2006, 06:10 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,089,314 times
Default Nafta highway and cost of living info

Highway will bring suffering sooner. Seems most people in many states do not know the awful truth, but it's coming to all states unless something is done to reverse problem: Experts say that massive increase in population by illegals (L.A. for example) has dramatically raised cost of living, and this combined with lower wages kept down by employers due to illegal immigration, has left lower wage earner citizens competing for jobs with illegals and naturalized. Now, even middle class wage earners are competing with illegals for jobs such as construction, landscaping, plumbing, auto repair, etc. Less than 13% of L.A. (So. Calif.) can afford to buy a house. I live in L.A. where 'millions' now have lost their homes/rentals and are living out of vehicle or on streets, if they are not lucky enough to live with relative. Homeless grown by 50% now and families w/ kids are highest percentage in growth now. Many are one pay check away from losing it all, no money to save. PBS and other stations have had several documentaries aired recently in L.A., where many families and middle aged men and women are living from vehicles (until it breaks down), and some of these working full time, with loss of credit cannot get another apartment. Number one reason losing home/apt. is illness/injury, then death/divorce. People cannot afford medical insurance through work, cannot afford med. care.
COST of 1 bd. apartment is $1000 and up, and the lower pay wages are $7 to $10 per hr. Do the math. I make $8 per hr. with state license and $200 of this taken out of pay check monthly. Made one dollar less in 80's and
90's, but 2 bd. apt. was only $3.22 per mo. then. Free medical care is only for those who don't work, and takes 3 to 6months to get appointment, then 2 more months for specialty. 9 hrs. at appointment and over 3 of it standing, same for sick walk in's. Older women in walkers and those on crutches simply leave because cannot stand for 3.5 hrs. Free medical care a 'shambles', many state clinics had to close, many actue medical hopitals also had to close due to many people using ER's for basic care. Illegals live several to a house and send money to So. America to relatives, and Fox said any donations to his government would be matched. The illegals march often for higher wages in L.A. and belong to unions. You must have seen the biggest march downtown. Large hotels downtown are employing them somehow and they make beds on the street to show how hard they work to increase their $10 per hr. wages. The illegals I've spoken with make more than I do. TV stations here are biased for illegals, criticizing minutemen. People making really good salary will not understand citizens suffering till they are hit with disaster, too. They complain about all the costs of illegals and the extreme traffic and spanish billboards, TV, and not seeing many caucasians in L.A. These are minor when your life is totally ruined. Pressure on the government is what works, and class action suit is the only thing I can think of. Any hope left? Or just try to move out of country?

Old 11-13-2006, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
...Any hope left? Or just try to move out of country?
No, just move to a better place in America. We need to pull back regroup and stand and fight again. In other words, sometimes we don't know what we lost until we loose it So gather with those like minded and TAKE A STAND!

Old 11-13-2006, 10:53 PM

Default Nafta Highway

Take a stand and fight, yes!, Thank you for the positive reinforcement. Missouri is such a beautiful place to fight for.

Old 11-14-2006, 05:44 PM

178 posts, read 416,637 times
faith10

I absolutely agree with your post made on Nov. 13, at 5:10 PM.

I have been away from the forum for some time, and happened upon your post. I am so grateful to see someone posting the facts.

California is in real serious trouble. Parts of this state is considered Mexico now. There are many Mexicans who have been lead by their leaders to believe this is their state (along with some others), and that the Americans should leave. They have no plans of backing down. In some areas they are becoming very militant.

Pray that our citizens will wake up, and take the time to find out what is really going on behind the biased main stream media, before it is too late.

Old 11-14-2006, 08:50 PM

311 posts, read 618,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerryPie View Post
faith10

I absolutely agree with your post made on Nov. 13, at 5:10 PM.

I have been away from the forum for some time, and happened upon your post. I am so grateful to see someone posting the facts.

California is in real serious trouble. Parts of this state is considered Mexico now. There are many Mexicans who have been lead by their leaders to believe this is their state (along with some others), and that the Americans should leave. They have no plans of backing down. In some areas they are becoming very militant.

Pray that our citizens will wake up, and take the time to find out what is really going on behind the biased main stream media, before it is too late.
Berry, good to see you back! If people on this thread could read some of the available info that we have read, their eyes would be wide open and they would probably have fear in their hearts. We need to wake up, folks. We are handing the ILLEGALS our country, our finances, and our life on a silver platter.

Old 11-14-2006, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney View Post
We are handing the ILLEGALS our country, our finances, and our life on a silver platter.
Boy, is that the terrifying truth!

Old 11-16-2006, 01:09 AM

BerryPie,

You told it exactly like it is here in L.A. I've read several anti-illegal sites on finacial costs of illegals, but never hear how we citizens are affected in major ways. Don't think government or media want to scare people with truth. I think the focus should be on how many citizens are in big trouble, having lost home, job, vehicle, even health, and millions more headed there. This will most impress people on a personal level. Only 13% or less of L.A. can afford a house now. Illegal immigration's effect starts out subtle, they come here gradually and your life is the same, but finally they grow to large number and cost of living becomes sky high, and lower wages stay about the same. I make/made about $1000 per mo. (full time) take home, and $1000 per mo. is what the cheapest 1 bd. apartment costs! Cannot live on that amount in L.A. Hopefully, lower wage earners in states where costs are still low can go back to school for high paying career. That is what it will take if illegals stay here.

It's estimated that 1/3 illegals were caught at border in 2005 and 4 to 10 million got through. The fence they claim will be built, Mexican TV keeps showing two men climbing that fence. The idea of employers not hiring illegals may not work since illegals would appeal with amnesty group of 80's and even riot on streets that they are starving, etc. Rounding them up seems the only way if our government is capable of getting tough but our military is in Iraq. By the way John McCain addressed illegal group saying 'this is a call to arms' for amnesty and Hillary is for amnesty too. These employers that hire illegals are traders. If we didn't have to pay billions for illegal aid, we could do the agriculture (as in the past) and be paid plenty. Our government seems to care nothing for it's citizens who are poor or middle class, what happened to their foresight all these years letting this happen? Money/Greed is the root it seems. Gov. appears to be looking out only for illegals. Our forefathers would be so shocked as would the men who died fighting for our country in wars. Ross Perot was so against Nafta and knew how to build our country up finacially, he would not have let this happen. He got 20% of vote with name not on ballot. They said if everyone who wanted to vote for him did so, he would have won. Maybe we could get him back for '08!

Old 12-02-2006, 04:19 PM

34 posts, read 33,991 times
Yeah, I am a British Citizen but I lived (legally) in America from 92-early 06. I am glad I got out when I could. With all due respect America, I enjoyed your country while I was there, but its imploding. I try to tell people on the British Expat forum about the NAU and the Superhighways, but they dismiss immediately saying I'm a conspiracy theorist before even researching for themselves. So why push the issue. Let them rot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies