Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 11:11 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,213,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Is there evidence of these injuries? Like, from a medical examination immediately after the incident occurred?
Please google the police report... it says he was bleeding from the back of his and nose....

Old 03-26-2012, 11:11 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
That's where I'd be if I was him. I don't know if his father is Jewish but if he is I'd strongly suggest a trip to Israel before April 10.

Due process is occuring just because the police are not willing to trump up charges to assuage you and the rest of the lynch mob. Does not mean due process is not occuring.
He confessed to killing TM. If this happened in any other state, he would have been held, questioned and detained/arrested based on his confession of killing someone, and a full investigation would take place. Highly unlikely he would be released while there was an ongoing investigation. Trumped up charges?? Would that be murder??? Isn't that what GZ confessed to??

Fortunately for GZ, he's in a state where one can easily justify murder and walk.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:12 AM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,972 times
Before I even look at a picture of Michael Nutter, I'm going to make an educated guess: He's black.

Hey Mayor Nutter, your city is the Homicide Capital of the United States! Maybe you should shut up & do some work in your own back yard.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:15 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
True, softblueyz. I suspect thankfully with so much reliance on tourism, the Stand Your Ground law modification will be rescinded. Either that, or Scott will watch the unemployment rate go up a ton, and be a one term governor.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:16 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
Just like they didn't do any evidence gathering that would help out the parents in their case, they also didn't gather any data to help out Zimmerman.

Bottom line is the police in this town 100% dropped the ball. I mean even if the police 100% thought this shooting was justifiable, why not gather as much evidence as possible for the most likely upcoming civil lawsuits over the kids death that would possibly name the police dept as a co-defendant.

It just screams incompetence.
No it doesn't, the media is feeding this frenzy and blacks are carrying the torch at the front of the mob. You don't know what evidence the police collected. All we do know is that those that are itching for race riots have their cause handed to them. Black Panthers have a bounty out on Zimmerman.
What would MLK say about this? Do we honor his legacy or not?

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-26-2012 at 01:59 PM..

Old 03-26-2012, 11:17 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I guess you don't know the law either. Did you not know that there is NO statute of limitations on murder? Did you NOT know that they have to wait for all the evidence/facts before a trial/due process can even happen? If an arrest is warranted, there WILL be one!
Do you know what a grand jury is for and what purpose they serve?

Old 03-26-2012, 11:17 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
If.......If.......If. The key word was if. I was just refuting the "It's not important how it started" comment that's all. No one knows how it started except for Zimmerman. No one knows how the actual shooting occurred except for Zimmerman.

How it started is a big piece of the mystery unless it really doesn't matter if what I mentioned before actually happened.
It started because Zimmerman left his vehicle and followed trayvon........ The fact that zimmerman left his vehicle instead of meeting the police officers dispatched there, as he agreed to do, destroys any use of the stand your ground law. The law is a last resort to stop a aggressor when you cannot flee.......... Trayvon tried to flee but could no longer do so as Zimmerman caught up with him and confronted him...... NOT the other way round.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:18 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
conservative media is not fact based either tho.
you can't tell people not to read the popular
press just because you think it is too liberal.
lol who does that?
Crazy people.

"The media is lying to us...read this story that gives all gospel truth..that was published by the media"

6,032 posts, read 9,213,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
To be honest, the fact that Zimmerman left his vehicle and followed Trayvon takes away self defence just on its own........ Trayvon tried to get away from Zimmerman so no matter whether they scuffled..... Zimmerman was the aggressor.
There is no law restricting where people can go..... Zimmerman was within his rights to follow Trayvon if he wanted.

The main question is if Trayvon did in fact attack him and beat him up as the audio recordings and witnesses state (he was yelling for help)... If it was an assault that he couldn't escape from and fear for his life, then under Florida law, the self defense case will stand up.

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, this kind of thing is not rare in Florida, so it is not all that sensational. People shoot each other all the time. The race issues is the only thing which makes it sensational.
Maybe we need to address our high homicide rates then. Trayvon Martin was murdered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies