Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 11:42 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,607,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Do you condone or condemn this? If the situation was reversed, and the KKK put a bounty on a black man with white celebrities donating, would you feel the same?
I don't think about the NBPP at all.

12,200 posts, read 18,386,282 times
Quote:
If Zimmerman was attacked while retreating back to his vehicle, then that is on TM. You don't have the right to attack someone because they're an idiot.
I think that's what it is all going to come down to. If people believe that Martin attacked him as he was walking away.

Personally, I believe Sanford PD messed it up so badly that there will be no satisfactory outcome regardless of which "side" you're on.

It is very possible that Zimmerman's account could be accurate but there is no evidence to back him up. There's no photos of his injuries, he declined immediate medical attention. That there is going to be a big question mark IF it goes before a jury because how can you claim you were being "beaten to a pulp" and then not seek medical attention?

There's no photos of the crime scene. IF Martin was beating his head on the sidewalk and he had cuts that warranted stitches there should have been blood on the sidewalk...why didn't they take a photo of it?

In the event that Zimmerman is telling the truth the actions of the police department make it look like he just got away with murder.

If Zimmerman is convicted on the evidence that they DO have, I feel that it would mostly be to satisfy public masses and not based on reality.

No-win situation for anybody.

4,520 posts, read 4,212,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Ask the states that allow concealed weapons. He was legally allowed to carry a gun, the end. It's legal.

Suncc49 debunked that his call with his girlfriend couldn't have happened.

I'm not sure how you think Trayvon was on the phone, I suppose talking while holding the phone with his left hand, throwing punches while on top of Zimmerman with his right hand, "seconds" before being shot. The timeline doesn't work out, unless you assume there was absolutely no struggle and witness testimonies are false.
Phone records have Trayvon on the phone just before his death. Are you suggesting that the cell phone company falsified information to harm Zimmerman's self-defense claim?

I'm sure you read that Trayvon was on the phone and the phone was dropped when the altercation began, so your attempts to minimize this fact don't wash.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:44 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,015,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Unless it's proven that it was stolen, it's an irrelevant point created to attack the kid's character.

And...Zimmerman's past history of pushing his wife and once arguing with a police officer are what exactly?

Man the hypocrisy is VERY thick.

I'm all for fairness, but what I've noticed is that Trayvon's defenders will go to any length NOT to see any middle ground or even entertain the possibility that the whole situation didn't go down as they originally thought.

Prior to all this info coming out yesterday, people swore that the kid's background was sqeeky clean except for "tardiness." Then the beans come spilling out...truency, "stolen" jewelry, possible burgarly tools, empty marijuana baggies, graffiti...and all they have to say is "what does any of that have to do with anything?" Ask them why is it that the family is only providing pictures of him 13 and younger (one which included an 11 year old a ski trip) and still no answers. Ask them why the police found Zimmer with blood on his face and grass on his back and they suggest "he could have punched himself in the face and rolled around in the grass?" Just unreal.

Yet when Zimmerman's history came out a week after the shooting, everyone looked at his history and automatically jumped to conclusions.

Last edited by itshim; 03-27-2012 at 11:52 AM..

31,292 posts, read 20,762,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
Unless it's proven that it was stolen, it's an irrelevant point created to attack the kid's character.

Actually it's an irrelevant point to balance all of the other irrelevant points that are being displayed by the family and the media. Like a photo shopped picture and pictures that are obviously a few years old.

The media has been portraying the image of a small innocent child and that's how they have inflamed many people. Now we know that's not accurate.

4,520 posts, read 4,212,335 times
Quote:
If Zimmerman was attacked while retreating back to his vehicle, then that is on TM. You don't have the right to attack someone because they're an idiot.
Except we only have the suspect's word for it that it happened this way. And since when do all suspects tell the truth about how a crime went down? Can you imagine the chaos and anarchy that would rule the streets if perps were believed on their version of the events of a crime?

Old 03-27-2012, 11:45 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,954,279 times
Most Ludicrous Thread of the Day, so far

Old 03-27-2012, 11:45 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
What relevance could this possibly have?
It's irrelevant but it'll be fun, the poor flip-flopping righties aren't gonna know what side to take, the (allegedly) dope-smoking black kid's or (allegedly) law & order, gun totin' Democrat's. I think some self-Righteous heads are gonna 'splode

Old 03-27-2012, 11:46 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,999,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I think that's what it is all going to come down to. If people believe that Martin attacked him as he was walking away.

Personally, I believe Sanford PD messed it up so badly that there will be no satisfactory outcome regardless of which "side" you're on.

It is very possible that Zimmerman's account could be accurate but there is no evidence to back him up. There's no photos of his injuries, he declined immediate medical attention. That there is going to be a big question mark IF it goes before a jury because how can you claim you were being "beaten to a pulp" and then not seek medical attention?

There's no photos of the crime scene. IF Martin was beating his head on the sidewalk and he had cuts that warranted stitches there should have been blood on the sidewalk...why didn't they take a photo of it?

In the event that Zimmerman is telling the truth the actions of the police department make it look like he just got away with murder.

If Zimmerman is convicted on the evidence that they DO have, I feel that it would mostly be to satisfy public masses and not based on reality.

No-win situation for anybody.

Oh Hell yeah I think the Sanford PD F'd this up! The media isn't helping matters either, with so much different crap coming out! As I've said, no matter what a 17 year old with potentially his whole life ahead of him is dead! That is what sucks! Whether Treyvon was up to something malicious, or Zimmerman is the overzealous gunman that is being speculated by many.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:46 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,983,283 times
When he is sought for more questioning, I'd have no issue with his failure to do so immediately warranting a spot on America's Most Wanted, but I'd prefer bounty hunters not be involved, as they are often as over the top as the murderer we are discussing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.