Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 12:34 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Cool. That means that any fight can legally conclude with a homicide.
Anything necessary to say your life. Who says Martin wasn't trying to kill him when they were fighting the grass, and he was reaching for Zimmermans gun.

32,114 posts, read 34,747,185 times
I think the ballistic and forensic evidence will complete much of the story here. If he shot Martin from a distance of 6 or 7 feet, I think a jury could conclude that it was virtually impossible that Zimmerman acted out of self-defense.

4,367 posts, read 3,485,611 times

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Hi Can you guys refute this pleasE?

Listen to the 911 call yourselves...

Do this math for me....

The pursuit argument doesn't hold up.

Those who claim Zimmerman pursued and confronted Martin must overcome a mountain of evidence. From the time Zimmerman says "He [Martin] is running" to the 911 operator and exits the truck, the call continues for another 2 minutes. There is an additional minute between the end of the 911 call and the beginning of the confrontation.

During those 3 minutes, a person at a normal walk would move 800 feet. At a brisk walk (5 mph), they would move 1300 feet. Since the confrontation occurred maybe 100 feet from Zimmerman's truck, it's clear that Martin didn't even continue walking away at a slow pace. He either hid nearby or doubled back to confront Zimmerman. But in either case, his GF's affidavit is proven false.

But the location DOES closely match Zimmerman's statement to the police. You can hear him exit the truck and either wind or breathing starting at 2:15 of the 911 call. We can presume he is following Martin (who has a head start) at a brisk pace. After the 911 guy says he they don't need him to follow, you can hear the wind or breathing stop at 2:40. 20-25 seconds at a 8 mph trot moves him 250-300 feet. Returning at a slow walk after the exertion for 1 minute at 2 mph after the 911 call ends puts Zimmerman 70-120 feet from the truck - pretty much where the fight happened.

Zimmerman's police statement is supported by the physical evidence as to location.
I asked you for some sources earlier...is the 9-11 call the place where you getting all of this?

Old 03-27-2012, 12:35 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
But seriously...if this is the standard to be applied, then can't any fight end in a justifiable homicide?

"He punched me in the face. I fell to the ground. He was big and scary. I knew if he got his hands on me, I'd die. So I pulled out a bottle of lighting fluid I conveniently had in my bookbag and set him on fire."

Self-Defense. Acquittal, b*tches!!!!
Seems like this logic would work in FL. Who knew?

Seems like if you are defending yourself, the level of your response should not escalate a situation. If you push me, should I be able to knife you?

Old 03-27-2012, 12:36 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,215,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I asked you for some sources earlier...is the 9-11 call the place where you getting all of this?
Yes... you can clearly hear him exiting his vehicle in the 911 call, then breathing heavy as he follows, then when dispatch instructs him, he begins walking back, no longer breathing heavily.....

The timeframe is all on the tape. You can listen yourself, just search for the recording.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:37 PM

219 posts, read 922,901 times
If the police aren't going to do anything, then someone will point blank! Nobody's about to sit around and let this **** slide under the rug.

4,520 posts, read 4,211,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Hi Can you guys refute this pleasE?

Listen to the 911 call yourselves...

Do this math for me....

The pursuit argument doesn't hold up.

Those who claim Zimmerman pursued and confronted Martin must overcome a mountain of evidence. From the time Zimmerman says "He [Martin] is running" to the 911 operator and exits the truck, the call continues for another 2 minutes. There is an additional minute between the end of the 911 call and the beginning of the confrontation.

During those 3 minutes, a person at a normal walk would move 800 feet. At a brisk walk (5 mph), they would move 1300 feet. Since the confrontation occurred maybe 100 feet from Zimmerman's truck, it's clear that Martin didn't even continue walking away at a slow pace. He either hid nearby or doubled back to confront Zimmerman. But in either case, his GF's affidavit is proven false.

But the location DOES closely match Zimmerman's statement to the police. You can hear him exit the truck and either wind or breathing starting at 2:15 of the 911 call. We can presume he is following Martin (who has a head start) at a brisk pace. After the 911 guy says he they don't need him to follow, you can hear the wind or breathing stop at 2:40. 20-25 seconds at a 8 mph trot moves him 250-300 feet. Returning at a slow walk after the exertion for 1 minute at 2 mph after the 911 call ends puts Zimmerman 70-120 feet from the truck - pretty much where the fight happened.

Zimmerman's police statement is supported by the physical evidence as to location.
Why do you keep posting this? You do realize the definition of insanity, don't you?

I'll help you out here: Either provide the police confirmation that gives these logistics or abandon this dead end.

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Nothing else really matters. Not the self-defense law. Not the races of those involved. What outrages me the most is the fact that Zimmerman was not automatically arrested for shooting a child and brought in for questioning.

Shouldn't a case where a child is shot to death be thoroughly investigated regardless? Why is it good enough for an adult to say, "He was trying to hurt me so I shot him" and that's that?

It makes absolutely no sense.
Yes, and now they are smearing the teenager by searching through his high school records. There was not a speck of evidence showing that Trayvor Martin was on drugs, even after the Medical Examiner took tests. Yet Fox and others mentioned he was suspended because the school found an empty plastic bag in his backpack that might have once contained marijuana. Okay, let's shoot everyone who has smoked pot in his/her life. That will take care of the oil crisis. Then there's some story about finding jewelry on him that could have belonged to him..or maybe it didn't. None of this has anything to do with the Feb 26 shooting. He is not a criminal, he is a victim. One thing we don't know is how long Zimmerman was following him before he called 911. Maybe he followed him from 7-ELEVEN. It's very possible Zimmerman was beaten up after an altercation, but can a person who takes it upon himself to follow another person, stalk him, get out of his vehicle and chase him, claim self defense, even if he is attacked?

As you wrote, nothing matters except that a young man was shot to death and his killer was released based on his account of the shooting. (which keeps changing by the day, by the way)

Old 03-27-2012, 12:38 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I don't think any black poster here supports anything the NBPP does especially this bounty thing. However, people with an agenda will ignore their posts and keep posting stupid nonsensical things like "black people secretly support the new black panther party!!"
Yeah I figured that out in the other thread. No matter what I said some posters kept saying "black people are going crazy! They're going to burn their neighborhoods down." I think someone is stealing my black mail because I also miss out on what all the other black people are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies