Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 12:17 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
How do you know?
He was going to hot wire a car with the Tea....didn't you know that's the easiest way to do it? You pour the tea right over the engine and the car starts.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:17 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Is anyone familiar with the Southern Poverty Law Center? I'm trying to find out if they have labeled the NBPs a hate group.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:18 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times
i know u were blown.....smh.

old boy was selling wolf tickets on the train.

lls...who does that?

32,108 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Let's say that Zimmerman feared for his life once Martin reached for his gun.

Didn't that fear end once Zimmerman secured possession and control of the firearm? The one question nobody's really addressed is whether the use of lethal force was reasonable.

219 posts, read 922,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Trayvon Martin case: He was suspended three times and caught with 'burglary tool' | Mail Online

The teen was suspended from school three times
He was on suspension when he was shot in February, after officials caught him with a 'marijuana pipe' and a baggie with drug residue
Trayvon was kicked out of school in October for graffiti after he was allegedly caught with a 'burglary tool' and a bag full of women's jewelry
Officials also suspended him once for skipping school and tardiness

Read more: Trayvon Martin case: He was suspended three times and caught with 'burglary tool' | Mail Online

-----------------------

How long before we will see more pictures of the real Trayvon...?

The parents will have to understand that by having putting a $ 1 million on the head of Zimmerman, there will be people looking in their background too...

It is a 2 way street and to be honest...Zimmerman may have acted to fast, but what the heck is a guy this age doing outside on a rainy night outside with a drink and skittles and a hoody on in an area where already 7-9 burglaries have been reported...wrong time, wrong place....or what the heck was he doing?

My son wasn't walking outside in the rain, but spending his time doing home work and as the parents claim their son was a good athlete, why was their son not a home showering from another practice...so many things that to me are strange if he is the sweet guy as they describe....my son is almost the same age and I see I different person...not one going to the gas station to get a drink, since we have a drink at home or you wait until the next day...is it just me who thinks it is strange to do this in the rain...sounds to me more than a borred teenager who has nothing on his hands... doesn't mean he deserved to die!
What the Hell is wrong with you? A picture of Martin with a f**king bottom grill is supposed to mean what exactly?

That he was "gangsta".

Wtf would the same bottom grill make the white girl above?

Also get the story on his suspensions straight! He was ACCUSED of spraying graffiti on a locker and when a security guard searched his backpack he found NO EVIDENCE of any paint or anything, but instead a strew driver and some lady's earrings (could have been his girlfriends) and which administration claimed that they were Bulgar tools.

Now what is the purpose of this smear campaign? Is it an attempt to try to justify Zimmeran's irrationality in DISOBEYING police orders by taking it upon himself to ask this black 17 yo what business he had in father's gated community? If he had kept his fat overzealous ass in his car like he was told the kid would be alive today, END OF STORY!

Old 03-27-2012, 12:19 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
As I said before, several times: The Lily White Angel Defense of Trayvon Martin has been revealed for the bullschit that it was.

Did he deserve to pay with his life? Absolutely not.

Does his background deserve thorough scrutiny to try to understand who he really was? Absolutely yes.
If anything, his background makes him even more human and deserved of compassion.

He was probably a troubled youth headed down the wrong path. His mother sent him to his father to straighten him out. He had no violent history and no juvenile record, so this early intervention was an important first step to take to get him back on the straight and narrow.

Nothing about Trayvon's past indicate that he had a violent tendency. None of his suspensions were for fighting in school, assaulting anyone, etc.

Zimmerman, on the other hand, has a history that primarily involves physical violence.

Still not seeing how Trayvon comes off as the violent one in this comparison.

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
What does that matter. My gosh, people seem to zoom in on the wrong things. Two family lives are totally screwed. A young man dead, another found guilty in the public areana, and will most likely not get a fair trial, no matter what the truth is.
If he worked 12 hours a day, or is a stay at home person, that is not thing we should focus on, it should be finding out the complete truth, as to all pertinent facts in this case.
The only relevant facts, is that a young man is dead, and another already in the public perception is found to be guilty.
And FYI i do know some young people who are returning home, after being on their own, cause they are having a hard time making it, and they are young people from good decent hard working backgrounds.

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
No crocodile tears here. Just facts. Fact is, he's Hispanic. If a man with a similar background was attacked by a group of white "youths" there would be no hesitancy to say the victim was a "person of color'. You know this.
Crocodile tears exist for a reason. But, I would rather not lug onto that fact but the main point that black and white is old news and can be played at ANY time. That is so yesterday, so Lee Atwaterish.

This is, indeed, a novel idea. No?

Old 03-27-2012, 12:20 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,484,516 times

Old 03-27-2012, 12:20 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbreakable View Post
What the Hell is wrong with you? I picture with a f**king bottom grill is supposed to mean what exactly?

That he was "gangsta".

Wtf would the same bottom grill make the white girl above?

Also get the story on his suspensions straight! He was ACCUSED of spraying graffiti on a locker and when a security guard searched his backpack he found NO EVIDENCE of any paint or anything, but instead a strew driver and some lady's earrings (could have been his girlfriends) and which administration claimed that they were Bulgar tools.

Now what is the purpose of this smear campaign? Is it an attempt to try to justify Zimmeran's judgement in DISOBEYING police orders by taking it upon himself to ask this black 17 yo make what buisness he had in father's gated community? If he had kept his fat overzealous ass in his car like he was told the kid would be alive today, END OF STORY!
It wasn't "police orders" who told him to stay in the car. It was the 911 dispatcher...not a sworn officer of the law.... who requested he not follow. It was not a command. It was not legally enforceable.

Perhaps it is you who should get your story right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies