Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you pull a gun during a fight?
Yes 31 46.27%
No 36 53.73%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 01:40 AM

488 posts, read 555,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
She's a woman though. You should know that women and the elderly have a bit more leeway than a man of able body to stand and fight. Shoot them for property? Nah, I don't think I would attempt that unless they were in my house. Maybe trying to carjack my vehicle and inflicting injury as they were going about it. IE Punching you in the face as they were yanking you out of it. I've never seen a case where they expected a woman or elderly to take a right cross in the jaw from a 6' 200 pound man. THEY DID fear for their life.
What is reasonable will come down to the totality of circumstances. I think the circumstances you've described would probably be considered reasonable. I was just very worried about the general "if they swing at me I'm gonna shoot" statements in this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 01:48 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,206,108 times
Quote:
The dumbest criminal around can look down that barrel and see that, that .45 ACP is a BIG HOLE!

9mm makes just as nasty of a hole... 'specially if you're using high-end SD ammo.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:50 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,753,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill80 View Post
What is reasonable will come down to the totality of circumstances. I think the circumstances you've described would probably be considered reasonable. I was just very worried about the general "if they swing at me I'm gonna shoot" statements in this thread.
Me too buddy. Hell, after reading this thread...I think some people would think it was ok for me to shoot after someone called ME a cracker! JHC!!!

Old 03-27-2012, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
9mm makes just as nasty of a hole... 'specially if you're using high-end SD ammo.
It sure does. ANY quality make and model with a person who is obviously NOT "kidding" behind the trigger will put the fear of God into a criminal. I hope you made your peace. Your gonna meet him tonight you SOB!!

Old 03-27-2012, 02:01 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,206,108 times
Quote:
It sure does. ANY quality make and model with a person who is obviously NOT "kidding" behind the trigger will put the fear of God into a criminal. I hope you made your peace. Your gonna meet him tonight you SOB!!
As much as a witty one-liner might be satisfying in a situation like that, I wouldn't say anything at all other than "Leave me alone. I'm willing to shoot" or something along those lines. Anything else could be construed by witnesses as you playing some real John Wayne games.

Win Ranger SXT 147gr, 15+1 with night sights.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
As much as a witty one-liner might be satisfying in a situation like that, I wouldn't say anything at all other than "Leave me alone. I'm willing to shoot" or something along those lines. Anything else could be construed by witnesses as you playing some real John Wayne games.

Win Ranger SXT 147gr, 15+1 with night sights.
You SHOULD say what you said to the perp. You're thinking what I said in your head. Huck is right everybody. People pull guns on gangbangers all the time. Sometimes not even loaded. They can't do it. Best not to even have it then. They might take it away and use it on you.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:45 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,484,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Guns arent allowed in bars...i would have to go out in the parking lot to my car to retrieve it. By then cooler heads would prevail.......
Depends on the state. I can carry in a bar here if Im not drinking and I hardly ever drink.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:47 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,484,184 times
Long thread, but the truth is most people carrying would do whatever they had to to avoid the fight in the first place.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:49 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,357,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Guns arent allowed in bars...i would have to go out in the parking lot to my car to retrieve it. By then cooler heads would prevail.......
It depends on which state you're in. Here in Massachusetts where gun laws are known to be restrictive it's perfectly legal to carry into a bar.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:14 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,357,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
If you get into a traffic altercation or if you are in a bar and you get into a fight woud you pull out your gun? What if you are in a parking lot or a park?
I can't answer because this is too generic. There's lots of grey area.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies