Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Concerning abortion - are you pro-life or pro-death?
Pro-life 70 44.30%
Pro-death 66 41.77%
No opinion 22 13.92%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 12:00 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Let me just say, Annie, that I can't bring myself to feel sorry for a woman who has to "suffer" an ultrasound or one session of counseling as part of the abortion process. You can call it "advocating for women to suffer" or "punishing women" if you wish, same as some people who are against abortion call it "killing babies". I don't happen to think it's that black and white. But I do think, compared to the seriousness of abortion itself, neither the ultrasound nor the counseling is all that traumatizing. I already told you that I'm for the discouraging of abortion. Did you expect me to agree the process should be made as convenient for women as possible? Don't you think enough is being done for the sake of convenience in the first place?
Except it does not discourage ****. Because a good portion of doctors end up skirting the rules,women won't change their minds by this point either. So all in all, all it does it make republicans feel good about the time they wasted in legislature to pass a bill that changes not an iota in the battle. Even better when they look foolish when the efforts get struck down which they usually always do. And there is nothing serious about an abortion, it's a mild medical procedure to remove a parasite.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:03 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Except it does not discourage ****. Because a good portion of doctors end up skirting the rules,women won't change their minds by this point either. So all in all, all it does it make republicans feel good about the time they wasted in legislature to pass a bill that changes not an iota in the battle. Even better when they look foolish when the efforts get struck down which they usually always do. And there is nothing serious about an abortion, it's a mild medical procedure to remove a parasite.
A human life is nothing more then a parasite? You make me sick.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:07 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
wonder if abortion advocates are also advocates for "death with dignity"...?
Of course I am... why wouldn't you allow somebody to die on their own terms, when death is shortly inevitable? I knew two people who made that choice, and believe me, it was much more humane than the alternative (slow & painful deaths from incurable diseases). I've actually had this discussion with both my mother & sister, and we've all agreed to assist each other if such a situation ever arises. *knock on wood it doesn't* Kevorkian was a hero IMO.

As for the OP, this is a baiting/trolling thread - and I will not vote on your ridiculous poll.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:24 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
I don't know about pro-death, but I'm certainly pro-abortion for the man's sake. What man wants children in this day in age?

Old 03-29-2012, 03:08 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
Anti Bait Threads.

I am not Pro-Death I am Pro CHOICE. Using emotive language does not cut it. The life of the Mother is to me more important than a mass of tissues , a foetus is not a Baby until it is born. You cannot kill what is not born yet. Forcing a woman's body to carry a foetus to term and forcing her to give birth is barbaric. Abortion is a terribly sad and regrettable thing for any woman to have to go through. But her right to do so is paramount and cannot be taken away.

In a perfect world no abortions would occur. This is not a perfect world and taking away a woman's rights to her own body is simply forcing her to take drastic action like self abortion, forcing a miscarriage on her self or using back alleys abortionists or even forcing her to commit suicide. I know women's lives do not matter to the Dictatorial Pro-Enforced Pregnancy Lobby but I would rather avoid the return to knitting needles, and bleeding to death in back alleys.

Because at the end of the day a woman who does not want to be pregnant will do ANYTHING not be anymore no matter what it takes. So the Foetus will be aborted anyway and the woman will also die.

I am Pro-Life. Life of the Mother that is. The life of the person who is born , takes precedent over a clump of cells which a foetus is.

Do I wish there were no abortions at all ever ? Of course. And the vast majority of women do not take this decicion lightly and do not abort for a kick. It is usually a very painful and difficult decision for most women.

Women are more than simply a womb and receptacle for sperm and foetuses.

Sad as it is abortion has to remain a right. The funny thing is most people opposed to it are people who tend to object to any government intervention in their lives at all, and always whine about their personal freedom. Well the freedom to your own body is the ultimate freedom. Enforced pregnancies and births are beyond barbaric.

Children should be wanted, loved and cherished and I am personally more worried about the effects of being unwanted , unloved, abused , resented and despised on children. That is the real damage. And that damage is felt for life by those born against their Mother's will.

Enforced pregnancy is nothing short of mental and physical torture. About as humane as using a human being as a guinea pig. Pass.

The title of this thread tells you exactly about the rational and logical state of those opposed to abortion. Emotive language used for emotional blackmail. Fail.

And yes I do believe I have the right to chose when to die, with dignity.

Euthanasia is a sign of civilised compassion towards human beings. It is my body , I should have the right to decide whether I no longer want to live . Quality of life is paramount. Without it all we do is exist and I want to live. Existing is not good enough. We all deserve better than endless pain, despair . Life is not an endurance test it is supposed to have a purpose , and to be enjoyed at least to a certain degree. Being a vegetable or being in screaming agnoy 24/7 does not represent life , simply breathing death.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:22 AM

2,399 posts, read 4,219,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Trollen trollen trollen, keep those threads a trollen.

Being for choice doesn't mean pro-death. False dichotomy with the association fallacy and demonization.

Failure at so many levels.
The ending of a life IS death. This is not hard. This is common sense. Please show a little more understanding than you're doing.

You simply don't want to think of abortion as what it truly is, death, so you paint it up in words like "choice". After all, to be pro-death is too hard to fathom. Right?

Old 03-29-2012, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
That which isn't alive in the first place can not experience death.
An unborn child isn't living? That's very odd thinking.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I can't say I'm pro either.

There are some cases when giving birth is not going to be the best option for the mother or for the potential baby.

I am for abortion in cases of genetic abnormalities which may cause the fetus to develop into a severely disabled human being, when rape or incest is involved, when the health of the mother is in danger (only at the choice of the mother because she may want to risk her life for the sake of the developing fetus).

I am not for abortion being used as a "whoopsie" kind of accidental conception method of birth control.
Why for rape or incest? It wasn't the baby's fault. It can be adopted out and the child gets to live.

Regarding genetic abnormalities. I've read about cases where doctors have told women that the baby would have genetic disorders and they are born normal. Thus, it's best to let God decide who should live and who should die, not man.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
The question as asked is extremely biased.

How about this?

Pro-freedom or Anti-freedom?

Pro-freedom in that the government has no right to dictate what a woman can do freely choose to do with her body, or anti-freedom in that the government takes away the right for a women to freely choose what to do with her body.

I vote pro-freedom.
I vote pro-freedom for the unborn child who you think should be killed.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:30 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Abortion and the normalization of it is not a good thing. We must find alternative "choices"...That sex is primarily designed for re-production...and creation...not just re-creation...Young people should not be sexualized to promote consumer culture...real sex education should consist of a good explanation that sex is not trivial..it's not like having a burger..LIFE AND DEATH...must be kept seperate...and we should not blend the two...or teach our young that all death should be avoided at all cost... be it war...abortion...accidental through recklessness...etc. RESPECT is empowerment..all deserve power...the weak...the strong....the living.......but not the dead...death should be granted no power...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies