Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 01:53 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
They are working on that one from a different angle now.
American ISPs to launch massive copyright spying scheme on July 12
I don't know what that means. I assume we are already being spied on. How will our behavior change? How will this forum change? Can you give me a glimpse into our future?
It is my understanding that every appliance we purchase has some kind of spyware embedded. I'm not buying anything new unless I have no other choice. Does tin foil really work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 05:47 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I don't know what that means. I assume we are already being spied on. How will our behavior change? How will this forum change? Can you give me a glimpse into our future?
It is my understanding that every appliance we purchase has some kind of spyware embedded. I'm not buying anything new unless I have no other choice. Does tin foil really work?
Well yeah if somebody wants to know something they can. Basically this is ISPs and content providers splitting costs to watch you and push content your way. What it will look like is hard to say other than more control freakiness. All these pools of information are always open for abuse though.

As to tin foil, not really sure what that is. I use Aluminum foil, however, it does reflect well and can be useful for Wi-Fi, RF ID etc.. Though mostly it seems good for heating leftovers... (LOL)

Last edited by CDusr; 03-31-2012 at 06:55 PM..

Old 03-31-2012, 05:49 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Faux News is bad enough but to use the Enquirer for a news source...not good!
John Edwards would agree.

Old 03-31-2012, 06:02 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
You want to see how InfoWars works?

1. Go to infowars.com
2. Click on the "advertise" link on the bottom
3. Click on "media kit"
4. Page three, ways to advertise

http://static.infowars.com/ads/mediakit_public.pdf

TEXT LINKS
Disguised as news headlines near the top of the Breaking News or Prison Planet section on PrisonPlanet.com and get guaranteed massive immediate hits. Your text ad can say anything you like, and varies in pricing for characters.

That is your "news" for you, paid links that they clearly and openly state can say anything and will be disguised as news headlines.

You poor suckers.

-
Yep. Got a bunch of silver or freeze dried meals or radiation suits you want to sell? Alex Jones will let you directly shill it at the scared little girls that gobble up his stuff and then call other people sheep.

That's the cool thing though about early onset alzheimers and dementia, they often can't remember they'd been conned or they just get distracted by the next conspiracy....

Old 03-31-2012, 07:07 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yep. Got a bunch of silver or freeze dried meals or radiation suits you want to sell? Alex Jones will let you directly shill it at the scared little girls that gobble up his stuff and then call other people sheep.

That's the cool thing though about early onset alzheimers and dementia, they often can't remember they'd been conned or they just get distracted by the next conspiracy....
Why do you have to be a scared little girl, or have dementia to store food or use silver? As to Radiation suits, not sure he sells those, but plenty of people in Japan using them and meters. A big increase in meters here, as well. Even Walmart sells such items.

I am sure it would come in handy if you needed it. As close as most are to a nuclear facility don't see why you would have to be scared to buy such a thing, more like prepared. Our govt does it all the time.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:36 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

http://www.city-data.com/forum/attac...1&d=1333244138
Attached Thumbnails
Media Cover-up of Obama Impeachment Exposed-sheep-conspiracy-theorists.jpg  

Old 03-31-2012, 08:10 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
One of the things we learned first; ANY TELEVISION can be used to listen in on any conversations EVEN WHEN IT IS TURNED OFF.
lol

I love these forums man.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:15 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I'm beginning to think that if all the nutbars in the USA were rounded up and sent to exile in Siberia that there would be very few people left in the country. Maybe that is what Obama should be talking about with Putin. "Hey Vlad, I'm sure you could use 150 million or so hardworking, honest people. They won't ask for anything because they don't believe the government should do that you know. They are also highly intelligent people, you can tell that because they have never been wrong and Vlad, if you have any kind of problems at all, these folks have all the answers. WE will arrainge big radio transmitters so they can all still get their Rush fix every day. They don't even need houses you know. Just fix up a bunch of shipping containers and call them mobiles. They will be happy.
What do have against Almond Joy? Are you just upset that it has nuts and Mounds don't? Do you feel the same way about Payday?

Old 03-31-2012, 08:35 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
Alex Jones and infowars has far more credibility than MSNBC or Mediamatters

Old 03-31-2012, 09:02 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Why do you have to be a scared little girl, or have dementia to store food or use silver? As to Radiation suits, not sure he sells those, but plenty of people in Japan using them and meters. A big increase in meters here, as well. Even Walmart sells such items.

I am sure it would come in handy if you needed it. As close as most are to a nuclear facility don't see why you would have to be scared to buy such a thing, more like prepared. Our govt does it all the time.
Sounds like another coverup going on with fallout coming from Japan. They aren't even testing the fish that we continue to import!!!
California Slammed With Fukushima Radiation
If you type in 'CA radiation japan' virtually the same article pops up on the first few pages, they just change a few words and claim it as their investigative journalism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies