Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 02:04 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
LoL so NBC is going to probe itself and then find it did no wrong, right?

I hope Zimmerman sues for defamation. He has a case.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:06 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Ouchie. Well NBC seems to want to help contribute to Zimmermans legal fund...or at the very least give him some money so he can turn around and give it to Trayvons family when they hit him with a wrongful death suit.

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
NBC aired an altered copy of a 911 call from Zimmerman. The alteration makes it look like Zimmermann had racist motivations.

NBC's altered version makes it sound like Zimmerman said:

But here is the full, unedited conversation that took place in the 911 call:

Who is the more racially motivated here? Zimmerman or NBC?

I still think that Zimmerman was a damned fool for carrying a gun on a Neighborhood Watch tour. But the more facts that come out about what actually happened, the more this looks like a deliberate attempt by various news outlets, to smear Zimmerman as a racist murderer when in fact he was nothing of the kind.

How do these NBC people sleep at night after pulling something like this?

NBC to probe its handling of a Trayvon Martin news report
The media sucks. They are just praying for race riots they are hurting so bad for ratings.

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Doesn't matter, the man should be in jail from the unedited information alone.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:07 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
That photo has already been proven to be a fake. It belongs to a kid in Atlanta not to Trayvon.
I heard that as well, but why is faux and people on this forum still referencing it?

2,674 posts, read 4,395,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
No, you didn't misread her statement. Go back and read some of her other posts on City-Data.

By the way, some people are saying "Zimmerman didn't even know he was Black" referring to the 911 tape where he's asked about race and he answers "I think he's Black." This is to prove it isn't about race. Then they're saying Trayvon looked like a thug and was sporting some gold teeth. So did he see him or not? In fact, on the tape he says "he's staring right at me" but he doesn't know what his race is? As I've mentioned before, if you listen to the 911 tape a few times, it is very strange.

I'm not really sure what a thug looks like. I wore beads in my hair when I was a teenager and sometimes put on a Beatle wig. You should have seen the looks this White kid from the burbs got back then.
It's Florida.
He could've been

Cuban.
Dominican.
Puerto Rican.
Trinidadian.
Jamaican.
Nigerian?
Ghanaian?

Maybe he wasn't sure if he was just good old American Black or some fancy-smancy Afro-Caribbean mix of Black.

4,042 posts, read 3,530,846 times
[quote=renault;23682128]LoL so NBC is going to probe itself and then find it did no wrong, right?

I hope Zimmerman sues for defamation. He has a case.[/quote]

He dang sure does have a case! NBC.....in-bed with the BO administration and apparently the hateful, inciteful Sharpton and Jackson.

I so cherish free speech, but this editing the tape NBC did to make Zimmer sound racist was not free speech, it was a crime in some way....libelous or slanderous. Charge NBC with a crime?

2,301 posts, read 2,034,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
We don't know everything yet. We will know more when the Grand Jury meets on April 10. I think there is enough evidence for a manslaughter charge at the very least just on the face of it because Zimmerman is a bigger, older and was armed and there is no doubt he was the initial agressor in the case. But once all the evidence is in, we will know more.
For the record, I think Zimmerman could possibly face at minimum a lawsuit for "wrongful death". The lawsuit might well fail, but I think someone might think it is worth a shot. I say that because Zimmerman was armed and told by police that he should cease following Trayvon Martin. If he follows the police instruction, Martin is alive today. However, as for Zimmerman being charged because he is bigger, or older, I think those factors are irrelevant to his guilt. And there is no evidence that I've seen that proves he was the aggressor. Something might turn up that swings the evidence against Zimmerman, but for right now it is a standoff, and I don't think a standoff can find a conviction.

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:
NBC aired an altered copy of a 911 call from Zimmerman. The alteration makes it look like Zimmermann had racist motivations.

NBC's altered version makes it sound like Zimmerman said:

But here is the full, unedited conversation that took place in the 911 call:

Who is the more racially motivated here? Zimmerman or NBC?

I still think that Zimmerman was a damned fool for carrying a gun on a Neighborhood Watch tour. But the more facts that come out about what actually happened, the more this looks like a deliberate attempt by various news outlets, to smear Zimmerman as a racist murderer when in fact he was nothing of the kind.

How do these NBC people sleep at night after pulling something like this?

NBC to probe its handling of a Trayvon Martin news report

Ok, so I'm trying to understand, why does this matter? The media, both sides are known to edit and distort. Whether the 911 operator asked Zimmerman or not the race of the person, the bottom line is Zimmerman himself profiled this young man. Is Zimmerman racists, there's no proof of that, what is apparent is he profiled this young man, period.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:08 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Where do you come up with all these racial issues here.

EVERYTHING you say has to do with race. I don't see the connection besides a black victim and white/hispanic suspect. Where are you coming up with all your racist garbage. If it's there, it surely isn't obvious, but you're trying to twist everything into some racist mumbo jumbo.

Show me concrete evidence, because I'm more inclined to believe that Zimmerman got off because of his dad's connections not because Zimmerman, the DA, and the PD are all racist.
I ask a question and I'm waiting for a response. I believe the right wing of country is racist and they hold many powerful positions. I believe they practice this racism behind rules and laws that they apply as they see fit. Again I'm talking about tea party/right wing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies