Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 08:05 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yes, but not to attack and physically assault. That was a deadly mistake.
...and since you are an eyewitness, there's a good chance that you will be called to testify.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:14 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
Quote:
Problem is the slanted media, Rev Al, Jesse & the Black Panthers have made it all about race to push their agenda.

Bad for them. We need to see this as two humans.
All I ever saw was a young man...and an older man....who did not understand each other..it's regret...that probably pines in the shooter and the victims family..Guys like Jackson and the Panther crowd have been profitably playing the race card for years...

They don't see that the life of a man is ruined through human error..and that a young person just starting out...has lost 60 years of life...The agenda these mentioned creeps have is about an easy way to earn a living...from the misfortune of others.

The agenda...being pushed has not helped Zimmerman...nor has it helped the dead kid...put bluntly..these selfish fanatics may as well have destroyed Zimmerman and the boy....it was the speading of hate that brought this about.

Gone are the bad old days of institutional racism...for the most part AMERICA has let it go....but Jackson and the Panthers hold on to it - if racism died completely tomorrow...they would have to get real jobs..

Old 03-31-2012, 08:15 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
The defense doesn't have to prove anything.

I see a lot of planes. It doesn't make me a pilot.
Sometimes I cannot tell if people are being serious or are enjoying a drink by the pool while poking fun at these threads. I mean, why not just say "I see a lot of faces" so that means you know as much as a plastic surgeon about facial reconstruction. How about, "I see a lot of toilets" (sorry, it's my age) so that must mean I know a lot about plumbing. Ya know, every day I see a lot of houses, so I must know how to build one. In fact, today I saw several squirrels, a rabbit, hundreds of ducks and last week I saw a wild turkey. (not the bourbon) So I guess we can all conclude that I'm a wildlife expert. Today I can't tell you how many cars I passed. In fact I even drove one. Those engineers at BMW and Mercedes have nothing on me!
http://bestsmileys.com/frustrated/5.gif (broken link)

Old 03-31-2012, 08:23 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,941,073 times
Quote:
Problem is the slanted media, Rev Al, Jesse & the Black Panthers have made it all about race to push their agenda.

Bad for them. We need to see this as two humans.
I agree about 50%, maybe more, maybe less. I do believe there is a lot of racism and that racial profiling is very common. Anyone who says America isn't very racist is living in a bubble. I also believe that Sanford's past would make anyone wonder if the police are biased. So many people are asking why they didn't press charges and why they stopped investigating the matter until the victim's parents asked for help. Do I know for sure that the Sanford Police didn't care about a Black teenager? No, I don't. In fact, the lead investigator wanted to file a manslaughter charge the night of the shooting. However, the more I learn about George Zimmerman, the more I'm convinced that he would have shot anyone he thought was suspicious. I don't know if he was armed the day he chased a driver and the man told police he thought Zimmerman was going to attack him. But maybe if he hadn't shot Trayvon Martin, he would eventually have gotten into a fight with someone in the supermarket. We just don't know.

It's funny that we're talking about this as I'm sitting in a room with a large bookcase. One of the books is "The Death of Common Sense. How Law Is Suffocating America." Maybe I should read it.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:25 PM

409 posts, read 254,557 times
I believe it even the leftist media sides with Zimmerman

George Zimmerman Would Be Dead If He Hadn't Defended Himself : The Two-Way : NPR

Old 03-31-2012, 08:29 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
This is tragic. No fun to be had on this thread. The bottom line is...one man ruined and one dead...over nothing. Where is the joke here?

Old 03-31-2012, 08:31 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
[snip] I've been writing for days that following someone with a gun is where he lost his self-defense or stand your ground defense. Even our former Governor agrees.
[snip].
You can write the same thing every day and rely on what the law's sponsors and Bush say. Or you could look up Florida's jury instructions on self defense where you'll see the jury is told to judge a defendant by the circumstances at the time the force was used. One more time--- judge a defendant by the circumstances at the time the force was used.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:31 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
I believe it even the leftist media sides with Zimmerman

George Zimmerman Would Be Dead If He Hadn't Defended Himself : The Two-Way : NPR
Excuse me but, contrary to the popular belief of the right wing, NPR always shows and airs both viewpoints. They do not take sides. This is Zimmerman's brother's opinion, not NPR's. I have to explain that you? Tsk tsk.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 03-31-2012 at 09:15 PM..

Old 03-31-2012, 08:32 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
...and since you are an eyewitness, there's a good chance that you will be called to testify.
I know about as much about this as you do. That makes neither one of us credible.

At least I admit it, you seem to be the expert.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:32 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
This is tragic. No fun to be had on this thread. The bottom line is...one man ruined and one dead...over nothing. Where is the joke here?
I agree with you. For all his idiotic overzealous behavior, I don't think that Zimmerman set out to kill Trayvon and I think he's probably an emotional wreck over this. I would not be surprised if this guy disappears and/or offs himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies