Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 03:48 PM

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Again, my words are being taken out of order/context. I posted that the EMT said he saw no serious injuries, etc. The response was not to believe the reports or something of that nature. So I posted again asking why he doesn't even believe a trained professional. Obviously, I was talking about the EMT who treated Zimmerman. I never said the funeral director was a forensics expert, but an EMT certainly is trained to recognize trauma.

I do agree that some are more prone to believe one side than the other and we need to wait for an arrest and a trial, but I believe there is more than enough evidence for an arrest. It's very hard to believe that anyone would blame a victim of a deadly shooting, White or Black, but that's where I differ from many.
I took absolutely nothing out of order/context.

Here's the exact exchange again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
You can't trust everything that is reported. How does bruising occur when you are dead? Bruises only show up when the body is healing and alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Huh? So now the official report from a trained medical professional is being disputed?

I knew it. Had there been a fight, Martin would have had scrapes and bruises. Zimmerman's shirt wasn't even torn or wrinkled. The EMT canceled the ambulance because no serious injuries were found. ANY time there is a head injury, a spinal and neck exam is done at the scene.

Why am I even answering this?
You actually quoted InTheNameOfGod and then responded - I took nothing out of context.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:52 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,578,079 times
I see the 'Stand Your Ground' law as a defense. He has admitted to killing the young man. I think he should stand trial and let a jury decide if Zimmerman can support his contention that that law is applicable.

Last edited by Nell Plotts; 03-31-2012 at 04:04 PM..

Old 03-31-2012, 04:02 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
I see the 'Stand Your Ground' law as a defence. He has admitted to killing the young man. I think he should stand trial and let a jury decide if Zimmerman can support his contention that that law is applicable.
You're right. Instead of being tried in the court of public opinion, this should tried by a prosecuter and defense attorney, with a verdict decided in a court with a real judge and jury. Some people seem to think it should not come to that...for reasons that are puzzling to me. Zimmerman and his attorney have to prove his defense calim....thus far he has not.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:05 PM

70 posts, read 44,001 times
Quote:
I see the 'Stand Your Ground' law as a defense. He has admitted to killing the young man. I think he should stand trial and let a jury decide if Zimmerman can support his contention that that law is applicable.

The "stand your ground" defense is not needed. Trayvon told Zimmerman he was going to kill him and Zimmerman believed him. Case closed.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:06 PM

409 posts, read 254,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You're right. Instead of being tried in the court of public opinion, this should tried by a prosecuter and defense attorney, with a verdict decided in a court with a real judge and jury. Some people seem to think it should not come to that...for reasons that are puzzling to me. Zimmerman and his attorney have to prove his defense calim....thus far he has not.

How are they going to find a jury that hasn't been brainwashed by all the biased news reports? They should let him go because it will not be a fair trial.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire_63 View Post
The "stand your ground" defense is not needed. Trayvon told Zimmerman he was going to kill him and Zimmerman believed him. Case closed.
Okay...you're either Clarence Darrow or an eyewitness...hmmm...my guess is neither, but since you put your two cents in...case closed.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:10 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,578,079 times
There are lots of trials where the incident has been widely reported and the public has formed opinions. That does not mean that a jury cannot form an opinion based on the evidence presented.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:11 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
There's more cases than this case that is giving the law an ugly face.''I think the audio of another STG incident is within this video.

[url=http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/]Video Cafe[/url]
Wow, I watched the entire video. Frightening! It's hard to believe that a man was told by 911 fourteen times to stay inside his house and he went outside and shot 2 men to death ... and then people applauded him for taking 2 lives? What if someone is lost? What if you get the wrong address and drive up to a home, climb up the steps and someone shoots you? "I was only trying to protect my home" wouldn't sound good enough to me if I were bleeding to death. It's supposed to be a good law to protect citizens when threatened with deadly force, not permission to hunt people.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
How are they going to find a jury that hasn't been brainwashed by all the biased news reports? They should let him go because it will not be a fair trial.
Maybe they will put you on the jury. Just eleven more like you and facts will not matter either way. Zimmerman will be a free man.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:14 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
There are lots of trials where the incident has been widely reported and the public has formed opinions. That does not mean that a jury cannot form an opinion based on the evidence presented.
We just had one here in Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies