Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 10:12 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,819,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
They seemily "attacked him" because he was lying they knew it and so did everyone else. Did you know that his "friend" was a tv anchorman? (Proably auditioning for a tv spot). Actually I would like to see him behind bars until this is throughly investigated, like anyone else accused of a similiar crime. No, I do not condon such behavior and I beleive that it was uncalled for. We as blacks in this country have no more accountablity for the NBPP than whites have for the neo-nazis or the klan. Do you mean regarding the racial profiling?
Just because someone is a tv anchorman doesn't mean he couldn't be his friend. I'm actually friends with a local anchorperson where I live and I'm no one special. Also don't use quote marks when you aren't actually quoting a person--I said hostile not attacking. In my view different orders of magnitude. It is very common for the DA to not charge someone with a crime because they do not feel there is sufficient evidence to sustain a charge. DAs are funny about wanting to win their cases. Also habeas corpus keeps a person from being held without filed charges.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:14 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,119,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
That's how it started, but..
Zimmerman said that he was walking back
to his car when the confrontation started.
None of us, as yet, know what happened.
"Zimmerman said"...what Zimmerman says and how it corresponds to what happened has to be evaluated by legal experts. Hopefully now that is moving forward. A few weeks ago, it wasn't.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:20 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,586,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Ok, fair enough

Fact: zimmerman was told not to pursue Trayvon Martin......he did anyway

Fact: zimmerman used a racial slur in describing Trayvon Martin

Fact: The neighborhood watch regulations clearly state that you should not carry a weapon nor follow anyone that you suspect is doing a crime...he did anyway

Fact: zimmerman claimed that his nose was broken, but yet there is no evidence of that ever happening

Fact: zimmerman admitted to killing a young man but was released on his word alone

Fact: the lead investigator felt that he had reason enough to hold zimmerman but was over ruled by the DA

Fact: zimmerman is free and not even on bond while a youngman is dead

Can you correct me on any of these "FACTS"?
I don't hear any racial slur, I wouldn't call that a "fact".

Did you post the regulations for their watch program?

There is evidence that Zimmerman had a nose injury, it's in the police report, undisputed.

He wasn't released on "his word alone", the police did an investigation.

Many of these are not "facts".

Old 03-31-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Of course I am stuck on the photos because it something I can accurately address. I can't put Zimmerman on trial in my position. I can put the media on trial because I have a lot of evidence.

You simply are unable to break a problem down into its elements and want to go into some emotionally laced narrative with your own mythologies.

For the last time that 12 year old boy could not overpower Zimmerman. That 17 year old boy could. Its misleading and it backfired.

Fine. Start with the truth, not baby photos. I could then have spent more time saying it should go to trial like I have been.
The truth of the photos that were being shown is that they are, in fact, Trayvon. The recent photos I've seen are a Trayvon taller and a bit older. Mind you I'm not talking about the bogus photos tha have been put out there. He did not have gold teeth, so if you are referring to that one, it is confirmed that it is not him.

If Trayvon Martin had all the physical attributes of the stereotypical "thug" it does not change the fact that Zimmerman had no right to take the law into his own hands...period!

I think many people are disappointed and were shocked that the Zimmerman video did not show a Zimmerman that was bloody, swollen, bandaged and staggering. This shines a light on who the real liars might be.

Here's the link to actual recent photos...
http://www.city-data.com/forum/23617180-post3167.html

Last edited by sickofnyc; 03-31-2012 at 11:05 AM..

Old 03-31-2012, 10:33 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I don't hear any racial slur, I wouldn't call that a "fact".

Did you post the regulations for their watch program?

There is evidence that Zimmerman had a nose injury, it's in the police report, undisputed.

He wasn't released on "his word alone", the police did an investigation.

Many of these are not "facts".
Neighborhood Watch Under Fire After Teen's Death : NPR

In Lee County, Florida, this week, for example, the sheriff's office sent out a memo reminding volunteers that neighborhood watch is a no-contact activity.

Home - National Neighborhood Watch Institute

Our Participants Handbook states, "Always remember that your responsibility is to report crime. Do not take any risks to prevent a crime or try to make an arrest. The responsibility for apprehending criminals belongs to the police/sheriff."

Neighborhood Watch participants act as additional eyes and ears for law enforcement.
They do not take the law into their own hands.
We Look Out For Each Other is our motto

Click here to view or purchase our 32 page Participants Handbook.

(Red is from the website.)
Handbooks - National Neighborhood Watch Institute

Old 03-31-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I don't think there's anything "civil" about what's gonna happen.
The Walgreen's that was looted by High School students is prelude.
When there is controversey, there are always isolated incidences. Civil Rights activists are not calling for violence and riots as that is far from what "Civil Disobedience" is.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:10 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,733,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
...if you think that MSNBC is the only station that plays sound bytes, you are mistaken.

I know they all play sound bites. And if done properly, sound bites can tell a story quite accurately. If done with an agenda, they can say ANYTHING.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
So you are quoting something from a blog? Are you serious? What you are telling me is that you didn't actually see/hear this, but you automatically believe someone who blogs?

Here is another source;

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/1966/...ok_Racist.html

Old 03-31-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
So you are quoting something from a blog? Are you serious? What you are telling me is that you didn't actually see/hear this, but you automatically believe someone who blogs?

And more info on the MSNBC editing.;
MSNBC Fixes False Report Which Made Zimmerman Look Racist, Doesn’t Acknowledge Error

Following in line with their broadcast television colleagues who deliberately edited the audio of a 9-1-1 call of George Zimmerman, the Florida community watch volunteer who shot teenager Trayvon Martin, to falsely impute racist motives to him, MSNBC.com, in an unbylined piece did the exact same thing in text form, stripping out vital information which made Zimmerman appear to be racially motivated against Martin, who is black.
After being criticized, MSNBC.com restored the proper context but never posted a retraction, correction notice, or an apology for doing so. Originally, the story quoted from Zimmerman’s call to 9-1-1 and edited the text to say the following: “‘This guy looks like he’s up to no good … he looks black,’ Zimmerman told a police dispatcher from his car.”
Source: Newsbusters

Old 03-31-2012, 11:20 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,561,848 times
Looks like things are getting back to normal.
7 California boys arrested in attack on teen | National & World News | KATU.com - Portland News, Sports, Traffic Weather and Breaking News - Portland, Oregon

Quote:
During the beating, the teens made racially derogatory statements that were captured on the video, Ford said.

After the victim fell to the ground, the assailants kicked him multiple times in the head, knocked out several teeth and left shoe impressions on his skin, Ford said.
How long will it be before the media will be interviewing the mother of this teen? Not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies