Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 02:53 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
You can't trust everything that is reported. How does bruising occur when you are dead? Bruises only show up when the body is healing and alive.
Huh? So now the official report from a trained medical professional is being disputed?

I knew it. Had there been a fight, Martin would have had scrapes and bruises. Zimmerman's shirt wasn't even torn or wrinkled. The EMT canceled the ambulance because no serious injuries were found. ANY time there is a head injury, a spinal and neck exam is done at the scene.

Why am I even answering this?

Old 03-31-2012, 02:56 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I put them in the same category as Jeb Bush.

Find a court case or a bunch of prosecutors who say gz lost syg when he left the car. I doubt you can.

Whether gz was being beaten to justify deadly force is another issue.
It's quite obvious that for whatever reason you are refusing to accept anything other than what you want to believe. If the authors of the law, do not know what the law entails and the legalities of it, then tell me...who the hell would? I have no time for nonsense. Adios.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:09 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It's quite obvious that for whatever reason you are refusing to accept anything other than what you want to believe. If the authors of the law, do not know what the law entails and the legalities of it, then tell me...who the hell would? I have no time for nonsense. Adios.
I see your knowledge of how the legislative process works is nil.

I'd be willing to accept how the words of the law have been interpreted by lawyers and courts that deal with them, not the ones whose names are attached to it.

It might help you to read what a few prosecutors had to say, published by that racist, rw bastion of conservatism, Media Matters---

Five Prosecutors Who Warned Of The Law Protecting Trayvon Martin's Killer | Media Matters for America

Arrivederci.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:24 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,404,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I think it's more that the authors of the law have an interest in making sure that George Zimmerman does not become the face of stand your ground than that the authors of the law don't actually understand what the law means.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:26 PM

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Oh, I got into trouble a little back in high school. So what? I graduated college with honors. I once drank some beer on a class trip. When I was in college in 1969, I even went to Woodstock and smoked some pot!

How can you possibly relate this to a criminal offense like assaulting a law enforcement officer? Until we learn that Martin actually showed traces of marijuana use in his blood, we really do not know why he was suspended. I, on the other hand, used actual public records.

By the way, nobody ever reported that he had "weed" in his backpack. There was a bag that had "marijuana residue" in it. Maybe he didn't want to snitch on a friend. Since the police were never called, you are making assumptions. If Martin was carrying a bag of marijuana, the police would have been called.

Yup, we all know that marijuana makes people very violent. If Martin was stoned, maybe he would have pummeled Zimmerman's face with chocolate covered doughnuts.
My point was that some people were more apt to believe the stories posted about Zimmerman, some believe the Martin side. The truth will most likely lie somewhere in the middle.

(And FYI - we do know why he was suspended: pot.)

Quote:
Huh? So now the official report from a trained medical professional is being disputed?

I knew it. Had there been a fight, Martin would have had scrapes and bruises. Zimmerman's shirt wasn't even torn or wrinkled. The EMT canceled the ambulance because no serious injuries were found. ANY time there is a head injury, a spinal and neck exam is done at the scene.

Why am I even answering this?
A funeral director is NOT a trained medical professional. But you're right about one thing: I don't know why you're even answering this.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:34 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,426,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Trayvon was the aggressor. Zimmerman was returning to his truck after hanging up with the 911 dispatcher. He turned around and Trayvon was in his face making threats and then attacked him. During the attack, Zimmermans gun was seen by Trayvon and so he told him he was going to kill him. Zimmerman could not get away and so he shot him to protect his own life. Case closed.
Do you have proof that he was returning to his truck?

Old 03-31-2012, 03:35 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
Oh, I got into trouble a little back in high school. So what? I graduated college with honors. I once drank some beer on a class trip. When I was in college in 1969, I even went to Woodstock and smoked some pot!

Yup, we all know that marijuana makes people very violent. If Martin was stoned, maybe he would have pummeled Zimmerman's face with chocolate covered doughnuts.
Hummm.... Believe I'll fire up a Doobie and contemplate this for awhile. Pass me those Doritos if you would

Old 03-31-2012, 03:38 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
My point was that some people were more apt to believe the stories posted about Zimmerman, some believe the Martin side. The truth will most likely lie somewhere in the middle.

(And FYI - we do know why he was suspended: pot.)

A funeral director is NOT a trained medical professional. But you're right about one thing: I don't know why you're even answering this.
Again, my words are being taken out of order/context. I posted that the EMT said he saw no serious injuries, etc. The response was not to believe the reports or something of that nature. So I posted again asking why he doesn't even believe a trained professional. Obviously, I was talking about the EMT who treated Zimmerman. I never said the funeral director was a forensics expert, but an EMT certainly is trained to recognize trauma.

I do agree that some are more prone to believe one side than the other and we need to wait for an arrest and a trial, but I believe there is more than enough evidence for an arrest. It's very hard to believe that anyone would blame a victim of a deadly shooting, White or Black, but that's where I differ from many.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:40 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
I think it's more that the authors of the law have an interest in making sure that George Zimmerman does not become the face of stand your ground than that the authors of the law don't actually understand what the law means.
There's more cases than this case that is giving the law an ugly face.''I think the audio of another STG incident is within this video.

Video Cafe

Old 03-31-2012, 03:42 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,969,227 times
But you would have to agree that the funeral director has seen the body and has to fix it up so to speak if the family so desires for a funeral. I think he'd be in one of the best positions to describe the damage or lack of it on Trayvon's body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies