Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 11:34 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
if an unarmed teenager is beating on you and you had a gun, would you shoot him? if a man had allegations of violence against him and were dropped is that the same as being found guilty? good luck accessing juvenile records. if trayvon has one, the martin defense will never let it surface. nor will they provide his school grades or attendance records. trayvon is a minor, what kind of parent would sign a notarized release form to allow their child to get tattooed?

since everyone is attacking zimmerman's character, it's only fair game for trayvon's character to be attacked as well. there are those that believer trayvon is a thug and there are those that believer george is the thug. tell me, who was dressed that was most closely resembled a thug? we say the clean cut zimmerman, but we only know of the hoodie dressed trayvon. do thugs dress nicely or would they most likely be wearing a hoodie?
I am an elderly great grandmother and I wear a jacket with a "hoodie" that I often use when it is windy or rainy. How strange to realize that in the little minds of some that would convert me into a "thug." How shallow must be the perception of those who truly believe they can define a person's character by the clothes they wear.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:35 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I know you skimmed thru the posts, but in case you missed up on it, the FBI has started their own invesigation.
Thank you. I've known this for a while. It's interesting the a police officer would claim that someone posting on an internet board is "clouding the investigation." We can exchange ideas for months or even years and it will have no effect whatsoever on the case.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:36 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
who was dressed that was most closely resembled a thug? we say the clean cut zimmerman, but we only know of the hoodie dressed trayvon. do thugs dress nicely or would they most likely be wearing a hoodie?
Here in Philly Zimmerman looks like one of our every day Mafia mooks, Trayvon looks more like Bill Belechick.

Any more stupid arguments?

Old 04-02-2012, 11:36 PM

381 posts, read 507,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
pushing cops and resisting arrest fits my criteria for thug, not sure what your criteria is, carryng skittles?
you do know those allegations were dropped? for one, zimmerman stated that the police woman didn't identify herself. therefore, one would assume she wasn't in uniform. charges of assaulting a police officer can easily be dismissed. was he really convicted for resisting arrest?

Old 04-02-2012, 11:38 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times
According to a records search on George, he was previously arrested for domestic violence, resisting an officer without violence and most shockingly, resisting an officer with violence — a felony charge that surely could have landed him in prison.

George Zimmerman, Son of a Retired Judge, Has 3 Closed Arrests | Rolling Out - Black News, Celebrity Videos, Entertainment, Business & Politics

He has a record of violence.
I work in the legal system and dont watch trash tv like CSI. Interesting that he was not charged with a felony (by Sanford police) previously.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:39 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
Quote:
if an unarmed teenager is beating on you and you had a gun, would you shoot him? if a man had allegations of violence against him and were dropped is that the same as being found guilty? good luck accessing juvenile records. if trayvon has one, the martin defense will never let it surface. nor will they provide his school grades or attendance records. trayvon is a minor, what kind of parent would sign a notarized release form to allow their child to get tattooed?

since everyone is attacking zimmerman's character, it's only fair game for trayvon's character to be attacked as well. there are those that believer trayvon is a thug and there are those that believer george is the thug. tell me, who was dressed that was most closely resembled a thug? we say the clean cut zimmerman, but we only know of the hoodie dressed trayvon. do thugs dress nicely or would they most likely be wearing a hoodie?
Virtually everyone I know wears hoodies, especially the sports-minded. Go outside and look around sometime...you'll be amazed at the people you see wearing hoodies. Even babies. Care to answer the questions that I posed to you in a hypothetical situation?

Old 04-02-2012, 11:41 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,142 times
Quote:
show me the conviction not the dropped cases... i've read all those charges, none of them involved zimmerman hitting someone in a violent nature.

pushing a non-uniformed police woman. you call that violent behavior?
picking up and throwing out a drunk and disorderly woman. a violent person would do more than that. i can't remember the third, but since all those cases didn't involve really violent behavior i don't see zimmerman fitting the profile of a thug.
Are you KIDDING?????? Are you seriously suggesting that if Trayvon would resist the aggresive confrontation of a non-uniformed, non-police MAN he is a thug but if Zimmerman assaults a police woman, or any woman for that matter, then that ISN'T violent? Just what do you think would have happened to Trayvon if it had been he that assaulted that police woman instead of the son of a judge doing so?

Old 04-02-2012, 11:43 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,164,689 times
Quote:
you do know those allegations were dropped? for one, zimmerman stated that the police woman didn't identify herself. therefore, one would assume she wasn't in uniform. charges of assaulting a police officer can easily be dismissed. was he really convicted for resisting arrest?
He still is a thug, conviction or not.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:43 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times
George Zimmerman had felony assault on police officer charge in ’05 & 2 domestic assaults
Last edited Sat Mar 24, 2012, 09:48 AM USA/ET – Edit history (2)
From the Orange County, FL Circuit Court Clerk of the Court Records page: [link to myclerk.myorangeclerk.com]

Old 04-02-2012, 11:44 PM

744 posts, read 812,303 times
Preyvon the predator was a very scary kid no matter how you slice the cookie...I am the least racist member of this website but even I have to admit it was more than likely Trayvon was justifiably shot under FL law.

Trayvon was a dangerous and violent drug dealing predator who was caught with a flathead screwdriver and womens jewelry which obviously wasn't his in his backpack. Trayvon however did deserve a chance to change his evil ways, Trayvon was inevitably headed to jail at some point and there is a chance he would have changed his life around upon release. Therefore it is a shame Zimmerman had to shoot and kill Trayvon in self-defence

We can only hope that this will be a lesson to would-be violent predatory criminals like Trayvon to rethink their life and make a change.

Also we need to encourage Black parents to stop giving their children ridiculous names like Trayvon which essentially condemn their child from birth to a life of poverty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies