Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 02:30 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,731,881 times

Advertisements

We should not judge others.
If you're bisexual, you're confused. If you're gay, it's a sin. If you're skinny, you're on drugs. If you're fat, you look nasty. If you're dressed up, you're conceited. If you dress for comfort, you're a slob. If you speak you're mind, you're weird. If you don't say anything, you're a punk. If you're sweet to strangers, you're fake. If you cry, you're a drama queen. If you have male friends, you're a *****[rhymes with boar]. If you have female friends, you're a player. YOU can't do anything without being criticized. We live in a society where people can't survive if they're not judging the next person. If we all think of benefiting each other this world will be a better place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 03:07 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times
I agree. Society has a role. That is too help the ones who are unable to help themselves.
Society does not progress through force an coercion.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:58 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
We should not judge others.
If you're bisexual, you're confused. If you're gay, it's a sin. If you're skinny, you're on drugs. If you're fat, you look nasty. If you're dressed up, you're conceited. If you dress for comfort, you're a slob. If you speak you're mind, you're weird. If you don't say anything, you're a punk. If you're sweet to strangers, you're fake. If you cry, you're a drama queen. If you have male friends, you're a *****[rhymes with boar]. If you have female friends, you're a player. YOU can't do anything without being criticized. We live in a society where people can't survive if they're not judging the next person. If we all think of benefiting each other this world will be a better place.

Agree. Anymore people chomp at the bit to pass judgement, and get their
"digs" in! I mean, we're ALL guilty of it. We see it on here all of the time.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:10 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,495,112 times
Everyone judges others according to how they perceive themselves, in which judgment they are the sole arbiter; whereas society judges people in the court of popular appeal. In either case, their judgment is final however wrong-headed. People will put up with anyone so long as they perceive themselves as superior. Society will put up with anyone so long as they stay in their place.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:12 AM

1,759 posts, read 2,028,994 times
I find it interesting that the "don't judge" crowd is essentially judging others for making judgements.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:19 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,347,531 times
It sounds good and all but I'll stay in the real world everybody judges and anyone who thinks they don't are just kidding themselves.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:41 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,350,617 times
As someone with a J type personality, I judge everyone and am slightly more often than not, rewarded for such judgements. The key word to remember here is SLIGHTLY. I do not tell others about my judgements though, and I do not make unwarranted assumptions.

For the last time, all white people do not know how to play raquetball. Asians and women tend to be skilled drivers. A deep and heartfelt love for fried chicken and watermelon is something 99.9999999% of all humans have.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:46 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,005,080 times
Arragon:

What's here? the portrait of a blinking idiot,
Presenting me a schedule! I will read it.
How much unlike art thou to Portia!
How much unlike my hopes and my deservings!
"Who chooseth me shall have as much as he deserves"!
Did I deserve no more than a fool's head?
Is that my prize? Are my deserts no better?

Portia:

To offend and judge are distinct offices,
And of opposed natures.

The Merchant Of Venice Act 2, scene 9, 54–62

Old 03-30-2012, 08:48 AM

690 posts, read 1,201,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
I find it interesting that the "don't judge" crowd is essentially judging others for making judgements.
Yes, but some people are too simple to realize this.

Its only 'the other people' who are in the wrong.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:55 AM

2,836 posts, read 3,495,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Arragon:

What's here? the portrait of a blinking idiot,
Presenting me a schedule! I will read it.
How much unlike art thou to Portia!
How much unlike my hopes and my deservings!
"Who chooseth me shall have as much as he deserves"!
Did I deserve no more than a fool's head?
Is that my prize? Are my deserts no better?

Portia:

To offend and judge are distinct offices,
And of opposed natures.

The Merchant Of Venice Act 2, scene 9, 54–62
Everything is either good or bad depending on who you ask; what one praises, another prosecutes. Socrates asked: "What is good and what is not good? Need we have anyone tell us these things?" But this was a rhetorical question, for the truth is that no one - not even Socrates - can tell us anything about it. A great pianist was once asked if he thought his concert performance was good. After reflecting for a moment, the maestro answered: "Only the critics would know"; and, with a wry smile, he added - "they said last night I played brilliantly."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies