Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2012, 08:58 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,146,728 times

Advertisements

I find this hilarious. We don't know the whole story so I don't want to judge. The woman shouldn't have done that, but she did and since she did I will continue to rotfl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 08:59 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonAreaWeatherSummary View Post
I know how your legal system works, or more to the point doesn't work, being a gross violator of natural law. I happen to disagree with it. It is fraudulent and I wont accept its judgements.

Be a sheep though, unquestioningly accept its divine authority. Maybe one day you'll find yourself at the sharp end of it though.
Agreeing that bias-motivated crimes (attacking people, at least in part, because of their skin color, religion, sexuality, etc) are:

1) Worse crimes - they victimize and instill fear in a group of people, not just the victim of the particular incident
2) Indicative of a mindset that is incredibly hard to rehabilitate
3) Are committed by criminals more likely to re-offend

and therefore are deserving of harsher punishment makes me a sheep?

Old 03-30-2012, 09:01 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,306,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Saying thing like "homos with hurt feelings", blaming the victim for not taking the woman's cane and walking away, and calling him a wimp insinuate that this is somehow his fault and that he should not have called the police on her.
Bingo, we have a winner.

A man would have walked away.

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I didn't blame the victim for getting his butt kicked. In fact, I agree that i'ts assault. Where I disagree is the "hate crime" aspect.

Don't put words in my mouth. Should I start doing the same to you?
Yes, you did.

By calling him 'limp-wristed...' you openly implied that he should have been able to stop the attack before it began, therefore, he is at fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You rip me off and as I beat your ass, I'm calling you every name in the book, to put you down. Is that a hate crime, or just life?
Do people not read the threads they post in? I already addressed this question (specifically related to this case). I'll re-post it:

To be considered a "hate crime," the prosecution must prove that she (or you in your hypothetical) targeted this man for assault, at least in part, because of his sexuality or what she perceives his sexuality to be. I don't think simply calling this man a *** while assaulting him establishes that on its own.

I imagine it's 1 of 2 things: either prosecutors have more evidence as to her bias-motivation (there was the whole going on Facebook as well as rating to the cops about gays and AIDS too), or they're hanging a trumped up charge over her head as leverage in getting her to agree to a plea bargain (something every prosecutor in the US does on a daily basis).

Old 03-30-2012, 09:03 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Bingo, we have a winner.

A man would have walked away.
In this case, the man had to RUN away. Did you read the article?

I suppose YOU would have punched her in the mouth or stomach, right?

Old 03-30-2012, 09:04 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonAreaWeatherSummary View Post
I know how your legal system works, or more to the point doesn't work, being a gross violator of natural law. I happen to disagree with it. It is fraudulent and I wont accept its judgements.

Be a sheep though, unquestioningly accept its divine authority. Maybe one day you'll find yourself at the sharp end of it though.
What "natural law" are you speaking of? The natural law of Aristotle, The natural law of Hobbs, The christian natural law, The liberal natural law, The catholic natural law? There doesn't seem to be any set natural law.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:06 AM

1,081 posts, read 916,534 times
A 25 yr old guy calls the cops on an old lady? He should have just hid her cane or rearranged her furniture.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-30-2012 at 11:54 AM..

Old 03-30-2012, 09:08 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
A 25 yr old guy calls the cops on an old lady? He should have just hid her cane or rearranged her furniture.
He did the mature thing. Dealing immaturity with immaturity ain't the way to go about it. The old lady has earned a right to be right at home in a mental institution. Ideally though, I prefer her to be surrounded with gays and lesbians as a part of learning process she never had a chance to.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-30-2012 at 11:55 AM..

Old 03-30-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
A 25 yr old guy calls the cops on an old lady? He should have just hide her cane or rearranged her furniture.
Unless she were black and wearing a hoodie. Then he should have "stood his ground" and shot and killed her.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-30-2012 at 11:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies