Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2012, 08:39 AM

27,745 posts, read 16,258,182 times

Advertisements

Puddin pop thinks granny should do life in prison. What a wuss. For crying out loud was she a black belt? He must really be a wimp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

690 posts, read 1,205,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Hey Einstein... If you don't resist, there is no physical violence.
If you say NO, there may or may not be physical violence, because now he hates you for not doing what he said to do.

It can be a hate crime, because he hates the fact, you have more than them.
Its insane, isnt it. Its an absurd comparison, given there are thousand's of motiveless crimes anyway, but im supposed to be more angry at someone who breaks my leg out of disagreeing with my sexual orientation than i would be if they broke my leg to thieve me?

My leg is broken, thats the important bit. I dont care what is going on in the mind of the offender, all i care about is his aggression toward me.

I dont really care what their motivation is for breaking it, it still broken.

Whether they want to trample upon my personal or property rights is irrelevant, the action of aggression/force is the only factor of issue.

3,436 posts, read 2,955,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Isn't it interesting that the same people blame the victim, in this case and in the Martin case.

I suppose all that matters is the race and/or sexual persuasion of the victim.

If they are black, blame the victim.
If they are gay, blame the victim.

Simple as that...

And, if the guy 'stood his ground' and shot this woman, well, none of these people would be on his side...guaranteed.

I noticed this as well. I looked at this woman's facebook page and she certainly doesn't come across as a nice little old lady. The people here defending this woman, who clearly assaulted someone are also defending a murderer...there is a pattern here. These people belong to a pitchfork crew...they have no issue with violence as long as it is against, blacks, gays, latinos -anyone that is not a straight white person and they may make exceptions for some minorites if they are conservative.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:40 AM

14,916 posts, read 13,133,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
As classy as being a homosexual who feels that he is a victim for simply being a homosexual?

Your defense of "sentence enhancements" makes it clear that you feel that being a homosexual is a victimhood circumstance.
Oh please. It has nothing to do with a homosexual feeling he's a victim for being homosexual. Bias-motivation laws address the bias motivations of the criminals, not the victims.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:41 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,782,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Really?
So its my imagination that judges have in the past taken age into account when sentencing?
lol u act like 70ish is more like 90ish... the judge ain't gonna care about her age...

Old 03-30-2012, 08:42 AM

45,314 posts, read 26,585,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorfml View Post
lol u act like 70ish is more like 90ish... the judge ain't gonna care about her age...
so you agree age does matter.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:43 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,955,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Could you point me to a specific post where someone blamed the victim in this thread?

Every post I've seen is just debating whether the lady should be charged with assault or a hate crime.

Saying thing like "homos with hurt feelings", blaming the victim for not taking the woman's cane and walking away, and calling him a wimp insinuate that this is somehow his fault and that he should not have called the police on her.

Old 03-30-2012, 08:44 AM

14,916 posts, read 13,133,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Good thing for her she doesn't live in Florida!

Does everyone who has defended Zimmerman's use of lethal force during a fist fight support this man shooting Granny dead as she came at him with her cane?

Cricket Chirping - YouTube

1,063 posts, read 1,782,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
so you agree age does matter.
I agree u lose the argument...

690 posts, read 1,205,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
No. To be a so-called "hate crime," the crimes must be motivated, in part, because of the person's race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, etc. That's why they're called "bias motivated" sentence enhancement laws.

All of which is irrelevant. Islam for example is a supremacist Ideology. It thinks of non-believers of heathen infidel who should be pitied at best, slain on an industrial scale at worst.

This doesn't bother me until one of them initiates force upon my person. They can hate non-believers all they want for all I care, so long as it remains non-violent.

Force is the relevant issue, not 'hate' motivation. There is nothing else of relevance. I'll bet a significant minority of americans agree with the granny, should they be charged too on that basis?

That is what you are saying when you change the definition of crime from force/action to belief/intent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies