Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 03:40 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Arming the law abiding gives them a chance against this stuff. I don't know where you get the idea this stuff doesn't happen elsewhere, but Europe and other places have had school shootings as bad as this.
Nothing a quick Google search wouldn't reveal. But the libbies will have not have any of that fact based stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 03:42 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,637,967 times
Shooting sprees account for a very small number of the 15,000+ murders that take place in the US each year, in any case. Our per capita murder rate has traditionally been higher than that of other developed countries, going back for several decades. It's simply one of the facts of life in the US.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:47 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,955,631 times
This is sad and unfortunate, whyever it happened, whoever did it.

Those of you claiming it happened because of politics you don't like, or hoping it was done by someone that will allow you to gleefully grind your political axe, are vile.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:48 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
..............liberal imbelcility pops up again.
Like the imbecility of:

Quote:
False flag. Thank you union thugs.
?

Blaming unions for bombing a Planned Parenthood clinic?

Quote:
Nothing a quick Google search wouldn't reveal. But the libbies will have not have any of that fact based stuff.

WHERE's the "fact based stuff" supporting that imbecilic allegation?

Old 04-02-2012, 03:49 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,371,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
This is sad and unfortunate, whyever it happened, whoever did it.

Those of you claiming it happened because of politics you don't like, or hoping it was done by someone that will allow you to gleefully grind your political axe, are vile.
I'm going to go out on a limb, and guess that the shooter has some connection to the school, is angry about something, and just flipped out. It's not something that is due to race, religion, age, etc.

When somebody flips out, or "goes off," all bets are off. There's really no other way of explaining how a person could stand in a classroom and, in cold blood, gun down innocent civilians.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:05 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Condolences to the students and faculty of this sad tragedy.

Quote:
Officer Johnna Watson did not give any other details about the suspect. Authorities earlier described him as a heavyset Korean man in his 40s wearing khaki clothing.
I thought lone gunmen with an axe to grind against society were mostly white guys. Sigh.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:32 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Arming the law abiding gives them a chance against this stuff. I don't know where you get the idea this stuff doesn't happen elsewhere, but Europe and other places have had school shootings as bad as this.
Taking me out of context won't fly and mis-quoting won't either.

I neither stated it doesn't happen elsewhere nor implied it already hadn't.

I stated "to the same extent" and you'll convince the world pigs can fly before your comparisons of what has happened elsewhere equates in any way to the MANY school shootings that have happened in the U.S.

You are obviously a student of the word "tragedy" and have narrowed it to it's finest definition of how many students must die to constitute a tragedy. What, may I ask, is that number?

You do also realize that cops are all armed and how many of them are killed each year by nutbars with guns while armed citizens are perhaps within yards and have no effect on the deed at all. Senator Gifford and others getting shot in Az, one of the per-capita highest for armed citizens, and not one of the bystanders were armed? C'mon get real here, you could arm the entire population and all it would achieve is more people dying not less.

One student/person dying from a shooting is a tragedy and I guarandamntee you, any nutbar is going to get the drop on all of you with your glocks in your backpacks or desks or janitor aprons and get some of you before you end his spree. The only "tragedy" you will have prevented by arming MORE idiots in schools is the subsequent trial of the perp.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:33 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
My heart does go out to the families of those who lost loved ones. These hororible incidents that happen across this Country, today it happened to be in my State. Not in my area, but in my State. I do not believe are becasue of religious, or political value, people are going mad, they are losing it, for the smallest of reasons, people have lost beeing rationale.
They choose to take out their anger, in the innocent, nothing rationale about that.
Here is another very sad tragedy.
The sad reality, is those who cannot handle pressure, take out their frustrations on the innocent. They just updated on a newstation out here 1O HAVE BEEN SHOT, 7 now pronounced dead.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:48 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Like the imbecility of:

?

Blaming unions for bombing a Planned Parenthood clinic?

WHERE's the "fact based stuff" supporting that imbecilic allegation?

Did you ever learn about context? One comment from a DIFFERENT thread has nothing to do with the subject being discussed here.

Just incase you missed this lesson in English:

Context - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Old 04-02-2012, 04:49 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
I didn't hypothesize anything you did. That has everything to do with the distorted sense of reality that you portray in your post. I mearly stated facts, you drew the conclusions.
My distorted sense of reality portrayed in my post is founded upon these uncertainties: who will decide which persons are qualified to carry within school environs?
Will that person or entity be accountable if the very person authorized to carry is the one who goes postal?
Are you going to rely upon the normal CCW licensing procedure to adequately screen who will carry, from students to janitiors, and be relied upon as a first responder at a school shooting? Let me know how that works out for ya.
How many students are in the typical classroom of today 25, - 30? Without the teacher being armed whose going to stop a fellow student from having a turkey shoot. The principal in his office on the first floor and opposite end of the school? Get real - as in reality.

My goodness; it would seem my distorted sense of reality is bringing all sorts of questions to the forum YOU can't answer.

You stated no facts but merely hypothesized the shooting would not have occurred if the 1000 yard embargo weren't in place. That's not a fact but an opinion based on what?

Perhaps the definition of fact is where you should start before hypothesizing more guns would solve the problem.

I came to no conclusions but stated opinions of my own in response to yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies