Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 08:34 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
You would have to ask my permission to hunt Bigfoot, or anything else, on my land, so, as a miniscule part owner of the government land, I require you to get permission to hunt there as well. No loss of freedom. Just protecting the rights of property owners. Protecting these rights is an RW axiom. Correct?
If property owners had "rights" in regard to hunting, they would not be required to obtain hunting licenses for their use on their own property.

Last I checked, taking photographs/video did not equate to "hunting". Does every individual who may take a photograph at a National Park or BLM land obtain a permit in order to do it? No, instead they pay taxes upon the sale of the photograph/video if they make their hobby an income earning business/profession. Usually larger scale activities which involve multiple days, people and vehicles, require some sort of "special use permit" but those do not always cost money, often they just reserve a portion of the public land for that group's use for a specified limited time (beginning & end dates included).

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 04-04-2012 at 08:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 08:40 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The federal government owns 30 percent of Americas land mass. A sell off is in order to pay down the debt.
The US government already does this with timber and mineral/energy (oil/nat. gas) permitting, lease and sales. In regard to the thread topic "hunting licenses" are issued by the individual states unless falling under the federal migratory category (birds).

Frankly, it would not suprise me to see states close down or sell parks they can no longer afford to maintain. Plenty of uber-elite in the top 10% of the 1% are waiting in the sidelines to gobble up this land for their holdings as The Fed continues to devalue the US Dollar.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:36 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The US government already does this with timber and mineral/energy (oil/nat. gas) permitting, lease and sales. In regard to the thread topic "hunting licenses" are issued by the individual states unless falling under the federal migratory category (birds).

Frankly, it would not suprise me to see states close down or sell parks they can no longer afford to maintain. Plenty of uber-elite in the top 10% of the 1% are waiting in the sidelines to gobble up this land for their holdings as The Fed continues to devalue the US Dollar.
The THREAD TOPIC is not about hunting licenses at all. The THREAD TOPIC is about a man selling camping excursions to people for the purpose of possibly sighting Bigfoot. The man provides guide services at pre-specified dates and locations at $300-$500 per customer. He doesn't provide equipment or meals, and he doesn't promise results. He sold a Bigfoot Expedition to approximately 31 people in February along the Buffalo River in Arkansas. He brought in those people and set up camp at a designated campsite. He failed to notify the park that he was bringing in a large group of people during the off-season, and two park rangers doing routine maintenance work stumbled upon him and 17 of his guests. When asked what he was doing, he explained the purpose of his trip. The rangers explained to him that as he was essentially selling tours of the park that he was a concessionaire, and that as a concessionaire it was necessary for him to apply for and pay for a permit. He was issued a citation for failure to do so, but allowed to continue with his "expedition". He paid the fine for operating a concession without a permit in a national park area, which was approximately $525.00. He deemed the expedition a success (evidently he found scat which he attributes to Bigfoot) and hopes to come again. After the several expeditions he has planned in other parts of the country. This is how he makes his living. He made about $10,000 off gullible people on his expedition in February, and will probably make more off the others he has planned. The park has an interest in concessioners running their businesses professionally, and in alerting the park of such expeditions. As it is park personnel that will have to risk their lives finding lost expeditioners, rescuing hikers that fall from bluffs, alerting campers of potential flash floods.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:41 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Restricting our freedom, and then charging us a tax to have it back, is a big money maker!

Try that in the private sector as your business to make a living.
Why don't you try walking into someone's corner office in the private sector to film a shot without first obtaining permission/offering compensation and see how that works out for ya?

Old 04-04-2012, 09:51 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times

Lacking a solid platform, the RWNJs bring a reluctant bigfoot into the fray.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:06 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Why don't you try walking into someone's corner office in the private sector to film a shot without first obtaining permission/offering compensation and see how that works out for ya?

I see they taught you the difference in public and private.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:58 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,109 times
What if the Bigfoot comes looking for you ?

About this time in 1983 working late at night alone on the railroad following a surfacing gang a tree began violently shaking from side to side with a whooping noise echoing in the hills.So I hurried to get my work done and get out of there about the time I was about finished the MoW foreman sent a man back to check on me because I borrowed his large flashlight he scared the living **** out of me.

I believe in Bigfoot but have Yeti to actually see one....

Old 04-05-2012, 09:15 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I guess you must ask and then be granted permission to look for Bigfoot

Federal Government Fines Man For Hunting Bigfoot Without A Permit : Personal Liberty Alerts

dang this county is getting screwed up,, nps whats the sheople to pay for permits to look for something that does not exist

Old 10-24-2015, 08:12 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
When the BFRO takes you on one of their charged evnts they always have some form of BF encounter. Cn't let the customers down.

Old 10-24-2015, 08:42 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,769,559 times
Bigfood is a goddamn soshalist!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies