Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of gender segregation in education, housing, and the workplace?
Very Good 4 14.81%
Bad 20 74.07%
Not sure 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 04:10 PM

994 posts, read 724,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
So, let's see:

You advocate gender segregation so that men:

won't feel butt-hurt if they are fired.
won't have to battle their inappropriate sexual harassment-esque thoughts in the workplace.
won't have to deal with the temptation of living near single women.
Or maybe it's so that men will be safe from bogus sexual harassment charges from women.

Quote:
Sounds like you should focus on a program to control the sexual urges of men, rather than punish women.
How is making men and women live separately "punishing women"? It's equal treatment for both genders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 04:34 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,350,310 times
Sex segregated housing and schooling can't hurt. Sex segregated workplaces sound like a terrible, terrible idea...

Old 04-04-2012, 05:15 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,987,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Oh goody! Here we go again with generalizations about all women. Of course, all women think that if a man looks at her, talks to her, breathes in her general direction, it's a SEXUAL ADVANCE! ALL OF THEM!

And yes, most women go after married men. OF COURSE!

Listen, bitter, I'm sorry you've met some crazed females but that is not all of us and it's not even close.

Instead of segregating based on gender, how about we segregate those with delicate sensibilities from those who don't get butt hurt at every little thing?
Now, now, dont you know this is the OPs favorite utopian social theory?
I suspect he really wants to put women into seraglios.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:18 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,917,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Well, if both sexes are working in the same workplace, then it creates a problematic atmosphere. Men do have to be careful. If one even talks to a female, it's bound for trouble because everything to a woman is sexual harassment.

And yes, most single women tend to seek married men for unknown reasons. Some won't even accept the fact that the man's married and not interested.
I suggest you move to Saudi Arabia, they have things setup perfectly for people like you.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:23 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,664 times
This is ridiculous. My parents almost sent me to gender segregated school and I cried for three days. My problem with it is its hard enough for guys to talk to girls and the other way around. This just makes it worse.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:32 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,987,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
This is ridiculous. My parents almost sent me to gender segregated school and I cried for three days. My problem with it is its hard enough for guys to talk to girls and the other way around. This just makes it worse.
The OPs mindset is about control.
Of women.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:40 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,054,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I have an idea: Don't ogle a woman's breasts when you are supposed to be discussing a work project. In fact, don't make any comment about her appearance. It's not always about being too sensitive, it can also be about a man acting pervy.

re: single women hitting on married men. Are these men raped or otherwise coerced into having sex with these relentless single women? Do you even *realize* how often married women are approached/propositioned by single (or other married) men? If we have the ability to say no, so should you.
I know single men do it too, but to a lesser extent. And most men keep their distances when they go out. I reckon most men do concentrate on their work. It's usually the women coworkers drawing the bait.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:41 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,350,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Sex segregated housing and schooling can't hurt. Sex segregated workplaces sound like a terrible, terrible idea...
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Yeah, despite my above post, growing up with a couple neurological disorders and therefore zero social skills until college...It took quite awhile longer to learn social skills due to those disorders...I can definitely relate to this. Without a coed college experience I would likely have no social skills whatsoever...and far, far worse social skills with women. College, and a few women I made FRIENDS with in college essentially made my life into the utopia it is today. I would be miserable only talking to women on rare occassions to date them. I don't have any idea why someone would want to do that, I just know that some people do, and was thinking that it couldn't hurt for them to have their own places to go and do that. If the government mandates anything though...I'm sacking the government. Also, talking online stinks except for intellectual debates. It's no fun not to be in the person's presence.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkaos2 View Post
Or maybe it's so that men will be safe from bogus sexual harassment charges from women.

How is making men and women live separately "punishing women"? It's equal treatment for both genders.
Exactly.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:44 PM

Aye, women have their own sex-segregated groups, groups that cater to them. Lots of "Women Only" groups and it's perfectly fine. But suggest a "Men Only" group raises an alarm of gender discrimination, or people think those men are gay, and that men's groups should include women as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies