Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 06:02 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Many of the people in that neighborhood were and still are very openly thankful that they have a neighbor like George Zimmerman who helped protect them and watched after their homes. It's just sad that George had to use lethal force to defend himself and even more sad that this instance has become the battle cry for race baiting idiots and their ignorant followers everywhere.
Please post the links to Zim's neighbors that are thankful. And share with CD which I am- a race-baiting idiot or ignorant follower?

Old 04-06-2012, 06:02 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
So you have convicted Trayvon, yet you criticize people who have convicted Zimmeran.
It's a little hard to convict someone who's already been sentenced for their crime, he attacked the wrong guy.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:03 PM

17,399 posts, read 14,637,091 times
Is this too little, too late from the media that whipped up the crowds into a racial frenzy?

Trayvon Martin Shooter Zimmerman’s Audio Tapes Show Calm - ABC News

Quote:
New analysis of calls to police made by George Zimmerman, who shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, show a man who never offered up race as a descriptor of suspicious people in the neighborhood watch area until being prompted by a dispatcher. On the calls he made to Sanford, Fla., police he seems reluctant to take initiative in pursuing one suspicious man.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:03 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
Of all the rhetoric, none of it has been under oath, therefore it means nothing

Old 04-06-2012, 06:08 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
Quote:
Trayvon was hundreds of yards from his Father's girlfriend's condo when he attacked George Zimmerman for no reason. If Trayvon was "standing his ground" he was doing it in an illegal and menacing way since he was on top of George Zimmerman beating him and threatening his life.

Either way, the attacker got what he had coming to him and he won't be attacking anyone again.
And you know Trayvon was the attacker, how?

Old 04-06-2012, 06:08 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,372 times
Quote:
It's a little hard to convict someone who's already been sentenced for their crime, he attacked the wrong guy.
You and Zimmerman have managed to convict him, yet you attack people who have rushed to convict Zimmerman.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:52 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizita View Post
Let's say, hypothetically, that a video popped up showing the whole incident and it turned out to have happened as Zimmerman claimed. Would you guys change your mind about his guilt? Would you still feel that an injustice has happened?
Yes, He was wrong to pull a gun on a child. He was wrong to follow this young person, who was just walking to his father's house back from the store. I would not want a gun toting, (he said racial slurs, about Trayvon while talking to the 911 operator) prejudice vigilante guarding anyplace near where I lived. And this kid was half the weight of Zimmerman, if he hadn't had a gun Trayvon might have gotten home, even though Zimmerman had started this.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:57 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Does it matter if Zimmeran started the altercation or not?

Absolutely!

The much ignored portion of the "stand your ground" statute.

Chapter 776 - JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE

776.041 Use of force by aggressor.—The justification described in the preceding sections of this chapter is not available to a person who:
(1) Is attempting to commit, committing, or escaping after the commission of, a forcible felony; or

(2) Initially provokes the use of force against himself or herself, unless:
(a) Such force is so great that the person reasonably believes that he or she is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm and that he or she has exhausted every reasonable means to escape such danger other than the use of force which is likely to cause death or great bodily harm to the assailant; or

(b) In good faith, the person withdraws from physical contact with the assailant and indicates clearly to the assailant that he or she desires to withdraw and terminate the use of force, but the assailant continues or resumes the use of force.
History.—s. 13, ch. 74-383; s. 1190, ch. 97-102.
Anyway you slice it, Trayvon sought to avoid a confrontation by running away from Zimmerman. Even if Trayvon struck first or even if he did so from behind, the question becomes is it unreasonable for a person who flees from another person that they perceive is stalking them and when that fails finds the same person still stalking for them to use non-lethal force to stop that person from pursing them? The same statute that Zimmerman relied upon was just as applicable for Martin.

(
for those who want to argue that Zimmerman had given up the chase, the question then becomes, how would Martin have known that? It is just as reasonable to assume that Martin perceived Zimmerman's change of direction as just that change of direction to continue looking for him.
)
I totally agree with you. I believe Trayvon was afraid. I believe Zimmerman caused this whole incident. And I believe Zimmerman shot and killed an innoscent teen near his Father's own home. It makes me sick.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
And you know Trayvon was the attacker, how?
I don't know 100%, nobody does but based on the police report and the witnesses that's the only scenario that makes sense.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
Please post the links to Zim's neighbors that are thankful. And share with CD which I am- a race-baiting idiot or ignorant follower?
Frank Taaffe, Zimmerman's neighbor has been on numerous news broadcasts declaring that Zimmerman was a great neighbor and did great things for the community. You want more?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies