Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 11:58 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
And when the dispatcher said "you don't need to do that" he said "ok" and according to his statement, headed back towards his vehicle. Do you, or anyone else on this thread who is convinced Zimmerman is lying, have any evidence that he did not turn around to go back towards his vehicle and instead continued to pursue Trayvon?
No. Do you have any evidence that Zimmerman went back to his truck and just sat there? He wouldn't give the police a locale where he was, he asked to be called when they arrived.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:01 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,449,100 times
The kid was profiled by Zimmerman as a criminal.

He could just turn himself in before the city blows up, he's causing a lot of people a lot of angst over this case. If he turns himself in for arrest, and they release him that might diffuse what's going on down there until he goes to trial.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:15 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,412,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
If true, so what bro? Was he any match for ZIMMERMAN'S GUN?!?

Nope, thats why this isnt about a case of Zimmerman being the nameless victim of a violent attack. Instead its a case about a victim fighting back & winning. What a terrible concept. Or at least thats what the evidence available to us suggests.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
No, he is not on target and neither are you Zimmerman's panting pursuit of an innocent citizen and racial slur were caught on tape. Thank God for that.

Zimmerman's arrest is only a matter of time. The jury will hear his "f-ing coon" remark and a hate charge will also be applied to his murder conviction.

Zimmerman will go to prison for a very long time. Rightfully so.

Ahh, maybe your hearing isnt so good. It never sounded like a racial thing to me & now theres an expert saying his remark wasnt a racial slur. His panting pursuit? What a joke. I hear a man run a few steps & say he lost sight of him & is going back to his truck. He continues talking as he regains his breath. Yet you are trying to say this conversation continues as he runs down a man 10 years younger & 20+ pounds lighter. Sure thing.
He might go to jail, but if he does & theres no evidence we havent seen yet his conviction wont be justice, its be discrimination & racism in its rawest form. The real racists here hide behind a curtain of indignation & delusion created by the NAACP, Sharpton & the like. Disgusting & sad to see so much hatred created by people professing to be against such things.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:23 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,052,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Well it looks like the media's narrative is falling apart. Once again (Duke lacrosse?), (Tucson shootings?), they have shown they care little for the truth.
Agreed, I have completely lost confidence in the news medias ability to accurately report the news without bias or prejudice. It is extremely unfortunate that one of our most trusted institutions in society has fallen so far.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

He could just turn himself in before the city blows up, he's causing a lot of people a lot of angst over this case. If he turns himself in for arrest, and they release him that might diffuse what's going on down there until he goes to trial.

Actually he's not causing it. This was a non news thing for several weeks after it hapenned. Then the sensationalist media grabbed it & got the Haters involved & here we go. All the hate & violence caused by this lies squarely at the feet of the guys refusing to wait out the facts. The media & the black cultural leadership. Shame on them.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:25 PM

556 posts, read 622,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Wow! This guy is certainly doing his best to analyze the night of the crime. A lot to read and I will read it all later. I only hope the FBI is as diligent as this person...
Yes a lot to read! I stopped about halfway through. The original theory and all the alternative theories point up just how difficult it is to find out the truth. I just hope the police did a decent job of documenting everything . I wish it was like CSI on TV.
One comment that I have to talk about. One of the commentors talks about lack/amount of blood. My friend (retired NYPD) once told me about his first murder victim. The victim was still alive with a small bullet hole in him. No blood at all. He told the victim (and believed it) "you'll be alright, the ambulance is on the way". Of course the guy died almost immediately. He was shocked that the guy didn't even look seriously injured but passed away.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:54 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,693,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
He was shot during an attack where Trayvon was ON TOP of the person being attacked. It's impossible to be the aggressor if you're flat on your back being beaten by an attacker.
How do you know this? While you have a 50% chance of being correct, and I also think that Trayvon may have been on top, witnesses say that the larger man was on top, which would be Zimmerman. He was of stocky build and outweighed Trayvon by 20-30 lbs. There is so much yet to be told when the investigations are completed.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:57 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,503,406 times
Default Racial Divide

51% of blacks believe gz is definitely guilty of a crime, compared with only 11% of non-blacks.

If the person killed were white, 73% of blacks think gz would have been arrested, compared with 35% of non-blacks.

72% of blacks, 31% of non-blacks think racial bias was a major factor in leading up to and the shooting itself.

More on the Gallup poll results,

Blacks, Nonblacks Hold Sharply Different Views of Martin Case

Old 04-06-2012, 12:57 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,316,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

It makes sense to turn oneself in, especially if you know that you are innocent and get released on bail. Now, if you know that your story has holes in it.....well he can give a pigeon's toenail about what happens to the neighborhood/city that he claimed to be protecting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies